$10,000 speeding ticket.

Started by Ron From Regina, October 03, 2007, 11:33:20 AM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: J86 on October 10, 2007, 06:56:40 PM
Hehe, I will say Ive done 5 times the legal limit once, just for the hell of it :lol:

25 in a 5 zone? :rolleyes:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

J86

J86

I wish it was 300 in a 60 or something....that wouldha been cool :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

J86

Quote from: NACar on October 10, 2007, 06:59:36 PM
u beat my 80 in a 15  :cry:

Im 'lucky' in that there are many country roads around my place with seriously low limits and some striaght stretches...

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on October 10, 2007, 06:58:55 PM
Close...125 in a 25

you are one crazy dude......you'd be great to have as a buddy, but as a son, I'm not so sure.... :rastaman: :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

J86

Quote from: dazzleman on October 10, 2007, 07:16:52 PM
you are one crazy dude......you'd be great to have as a buddy, but as a son, I'm not so sure.... :rastaman: :lol:

Does it make it better or worse that it was a quasi-borrowed car?! :lol:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: J86 on October 10, 2007, 07:17:50 PM

Was that you that stole my car, you drunk bastard?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

The Pirate

Quote from: J86 on October 10, 2007, 06:58:55 PM
Close...125 in a 25

Nice, I got 110 in a 30 zone once.  It's a rural road that has a trucking depot and painting contractor's shop on it, nothing else.  It's perfectly level and straight, for just under two miles.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

J86

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 10, 2007, 07:18:44 PM
Was that you that stole my car, you drunk bastard?

You dont drive a 911...

J86

Quote from: The Pirate on October 10, 2007, 07:19:47 PM

Nice, I got 110 in a 30 zone once.  It's a rural road that has a trucking depot and painting contractor's shop on it, nothing else.  It's perfectly level and straight, for just under two miles.

Not too shabby!

This was a narrow road that winds past a beach, some fields, with very scattered houses...you need a powerful car to hit crazy speeds on the straight.

dazzleman

Quote from: The Pirate on October 10, 2007, 07:19:47 PM

Did you get busted for it?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: J86 on October 10, 2007, 07:19:47 PM
You dont drive a 911...

Or DO i?

Go to this link to see pics of the new 911 I just bought.
www.ebaymotors.com

J86

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on October 10, 2007, 07:17:50 PM

That makes it even better.  Whose car was it?

J86

Quote from: dazzleman on October 10, 2007, 07:22:38 PM
That makes it even better.  Whose car was it?

then-girlfriend's fathers...

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on October 10, 2007, 07:23:08 PM
then-girlfriend's fathers...

you've got some fucking set of balls, man....

I stand in great awe and admiration..... :lol:

I bet you boinked her in the back of the car before you brought it back, and then asked the old man if he didn't mind cleaning it up.... :lol:

J86

Quote from: dazzleman on October 10, 2007, 07:24:51 PM
you've got some fucking set of balls, man....

I stand in great awe and admiration..... :lol:

More like I'm a fucking idiot, imagine if I had cracked it up?

I don't think I'd ever do something like that now.

The Pirate

Quote from: J86 on October 10, 2007, 07:20:41 PM
Not too shabby!

This was a narrow road that winds past a beach, some fields, with very scattered houses...you need a powerful car to hit crazy speeds on the straight.

That's nuts!  I don't think I'd be that ballsy, though I'd imagine you get crazy when you're driving a 911!

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on October 10, 2007, 07:25:25 PM
More like I'm a fucking idiot, imagine if I had cracked it up?

I don't think I'd ever do something like that now.

There's a fine line between steel balls and stupidity.  You probably really did cross it with that maneuver.... :lol:

J86

Quote from: The Pirate on October 10, 2007, 07:26:16 PM

That's nuts!  I don't think I'd be that ballsy, though I'd imagine you get crazy when you're driving a 911!

I've been racing singlehanded boats since I was 7 years old.  I honestly think that's why I dont really think twice about putting vehicles into tight spots at speed...when you're racing, you'll be balls out planning off a wave inches, sometimes overhanging, the boats around you.  For better or for worse I think I kinda took those lessons when I started driving cars...hell there are so many less variables to keep track of driving a car, it's so much easier!

J86

Quote from: dazzleman on October 10, 2007, 07:26:35 PM
There's a fine line between steel balls and stupidity.  You probably really did cross it with that maneuver.... :lol:

Yeah, I can think of a few too many times that line has been toed...

The Pirate

Quote from: dazzleman on October 10, 2007, 07:22:04 PM
Did you get busted for it?

No, but ironically the next time I was driving on that road, I got pulled over for going 45 mph.  I was driving my dad's truck at the time, and the cop that pulled me over was a local guy who knew my dad well, and knew me fairly well, as he was a regular substitute teacher at the high school.  He was like, "Mr. _______, to what do I owe this pleasure?"  We talked, he told me to pay attention to speed limits, and then said "Tell your dad I said hi."  He was laughing as he walked back to his cruiser.

dazzleman

Quote from: The Pirate on October 10, 2007, 07:32:34 PM

No, but ironically the next time I was driving on that road, I got pulled over for going 45 mph.  I was driving my dad's truck at the time, and the cop that pulled me over was a local guy who knew my dad well, and knew me fairly well, as he was a regular substitute teacher at the high school.  He was like, "Mr. _______, to what do I owe this pleasure?"  We talked, he told me to pay attention to speed limits, and then said "Tell your dad I said hi."  He was laughing as he walked back to his cruiser.

A substitute teacher?  You must not have caused too much trouble in class when you had him.  Imagine if you'd been one of the class clowns busting his balls in class, and then he ended up being the guy who pulled you over.....that would have been hilarious.... :lol:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: dazzleman on October 10, 2007, 07:40:21 PM
A substitute teacher?  You must not have caused too much trouble in class when you had him.  Imagine if you'd been one of the class clowns busting his balls in class, and then he ended up being the guy who pulled you over.....that would have been hilarious.... :lol:

Dude you're too easy to amuse. :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 10, 2007, 07:40:38 PM
Dude you're too easy to amuse. :lol:

It's good to laugh easily.  Life's a lot more fun that way.... :rockon:

The Pirate

Quote from: dazzleman on October 10, 2007, 07:40:21 PM

Standard amount of trouble, I guess.  I wasn't a troublemaker, but I was far from innocent.  I remember having him in chemistry class.  We were doing a lab, and a couple of us mixed some chemicals that shouldn't be mixed (small amounts, we at least read our textbooks enough to where we wouldn't get killed), and created a bit of a bang and lots of smoke.  I can't remember, but I think it was Potassium and water.  :lol: 

He was a cool guy, and knew how to pick his battles, so to speak.  And, in my hometown, most of the cops were deviants themselves in high school.

dazzleman

Quote from: The Pirate on October 10, 2007, 07:54:51 PM

Standard amount of trouble, I guess.  I wasn't a troublemaker, but I was far from innocent.  I remember having him in chemistry class.  We were doing a lab, and a couple of us mixed some chemicals that shouldn't be mixed (small amounts, we at least read our textbooks enough to where we wouldn't get killed), and created a bit of a bang and lots of smoke.  I can't remember, but I think it was Potassium and water.  :lol: 

He was a cool guy, and knew how to pick his battles, so to speak.  And, in my hometown, most of the cops were deviants themselves in high school.

Hah, a good explosion is always a lot of fun.... :lol:

My trouble spot was the library for some reason.  It was the de facto senior lounge when we had a free period, and we used to drive the librarian crazy.  For a while, I had to stay out of the library, since I ended up getting detention every time I went in there.... :lol:

At least I didn't have to worry about the librarian that we drove crazy pulling me over for speeding, but she did turn up as a customer in the restaurant where I worked busing tables during that period.  She was actually very friendly and cordial in that setting.

The Pirate

Quote from: dazzleman on October 10, 2007, 07:57:41 PM
Hah, a good explosion is always a lot of fun.... :lol:

My trouble spot was the library for some reason.  It was the de facto senior lounge when we had a free period, and we used to drive the librarian crazy.  For a while, I had to stay out of the library, since I ended up getting detention every time I went in there.... :lol:

At least I didn't have to worry about the librarian that we drove crazy pulling me over for speeding, but she did turn up as a customer in the restaurant where I worked busing tables during that period.  She was actually very friendly and cordial in that setting.

Nice!  Nobody f*cked with our librarian.  She was a very tall, imposing Russian woman, complete with the thick accent, and a penchant for vodka.  Rumor was she kept a bottle in her desk, but obviously, nobody could confirm that.  She scared the crap out of most of us.

Our school had created a senior lounge for the seniors to go for their free periods.  It was in vacant, adjoining classrooms in the basement of the school, pretty secluded from everything else so noise wasn't a massive issue.  There was a couple of ping pong tables, a lounge area with a TV and Nintendo, and tables for eating, etc.  It was actually a pretty cool spot, and a brilliant idea by the school's administration.  There was always lots of us in there.  That place was fun too, I'd rather go there than leave during free periods.

Edit:  My high school was pretty cool too.  It's a very old building, and was the fallout shelter for the town back when that was common practice.  As such, there as a lot of passageways and catacombs in the basement. 

Here is a few pics of it from 1906 and 1907.  The huge front lawn and trees are still there, and the building still looks like that, but it doesn't have the spires anymore.