Phaeton W12 going for......

Started by BMWDave, June 30, 2005, 08:46:37 PM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

That is an incredible deal. The seller also knows just what angles to take the pics from, this pic in particular looks very good:

BMWDave

I know its an incredible deal...nothing within 58K can touch this car.  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

I find the Phaeton quite attractive inside and out, and its interior quality is best-in-class. But it falls short of other ultra-luxes in too many other ways, and you can get them used for $58K as well.

TBR

Not with so few miles (6000 I believe).  

giant_mtb

Wahhhh I want one!  Mom...?  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :P  

ifcar

QuoteNot with so few miles (6000 I believe).
You can get an LS430 new for that price (though not as well-equipped).

And yes, the most other ultra-luxes are above that car in price, even a used 2004 with 6K miles, but it's still closer to them in price than a used 2004 E500 or 545i with 6K miles.

TBR

QuoteNot with so few miles (6000 I believe).
You can get an LS430 new for that price (though not as well-equipped).

And yes, the most other ultra-luxes are above that car in price, even a used 2004 with 6K miles, but it's still closer to them in price than a used 2004 E500 or 545i with 6K miles.
First, you know my feeling about the LS430, I would buy a Q45 first. Second, none of the cars you mentioned have a 12 cylinder engine or as much interior room.  

ifcar

Interior room is nothing without interior comfort, and I personally feel that the Phaeton's seats are the worst in its class.

And there's no arguing that it's the cheapest ultra-lux 12-cyl used, it's the cheapest ultra-lux 12-cyl new as well, also by a large margin. No point there, really.

TBR

QuoteInterior room is nothing without interior comfort, and I personally feel that the Phaeton's seats are the worst in its class.

And there's no arguing that it's the cheapest ultra-lux 12-cyl used, it's the cheapest ultra-lux 12-cyl new as well, also by a large margin. No point there, really.
Yes, but it is also more expensive than the V8 variants of its competitors. And, I have never sat in one, so I don't know about the interior. But, once again, I would like to note that seat comfort is subjective.

ifcar

It's not really much more expensive than a new S500 actually, depending on options and Phaeton discounting. It may even be less expensive.

And some aspects about rear seat comfort aren't subjective. For example, if feet don't fit under the front seats (they don't) only short people can make full use of the legroom; anyone else must rearrange themselves (which is not typically considered comfortable).

TBR

QuoteIt's not really much more expensive than a new S500 actually, depending on options and Phaeton discounting. It may even be less expensive.

And some aspects about rear seat comfort aren't subjective. For example, if feet don't fit under the front seats (they don't) only short people can make full use of the legroom; anyone else must rearrange themselves (which is not typically considered comfortable).
Okay, will a $95000 S500 be worth only $56,000 after just 6000 miles? And, good points regarding the seats.  

ifcar

QuoteIt's not really much more expensive than a new S500 actually, depending on options and Phaeton discounting. It may even be less expensive.

Okay, will a $95000 S500 be worth only $56,000 after just 6000 miles?
Of course not. If the only point is that the Phaeton suffers from rapid depreciation, that's one thing. If the point is that a $58K Phaeton W12 is the best car for that money, it's quite another.

TBR

Okay, will a $95000 S500 be worth only $56,000 after just 6000 miles?
Of course not. If the only point is that the Phaeton suffers from rapid depreciation, that's one thing. If the point is that a $58K Phaeton W12 is the best car for that money, it's quite another.
I am guessing you would choose a LS430 over one, right? Well, I wouldn't.  

ifcar

Would you chose an XJ8 over it? (Don't entirely remember what your fav ultra-lux is, but I'm pretty sure that Jag is up there).

Raza

Whoa...I don't think I'd choose anything in this segment over an XJ®.  The XJ8 is a good choice.  Are Jag residuals still dropping like stones tied to bricks in still water?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

QuoteWould you chose an XJ8 over it? (Don't entirely remember what your fav ultra-lux is, but I'm pretty sure that Jag is up there).
Jag is at the top for me (unless the budget allows for a Quattroporte of course).

ifcar

QuoteWould you chose an XJ8 over it? (Don't entirely remember what your fav ultra-lux is, but I'm pretty sure that Jag is up there).
Jag is at the top for me (unless the budget allows for a Quattroporte of course).
So would you chose the XJ8 over this Phaeton W12? I certainly would without a second thought.  

TBR

So would you chose the XJ8 over this Phaeton W12? I certainly would without a second thought.
Yes

ifcar

Then we have both disagreed with "...nothing within 58K can touch this car." :o

TBR

QuoteThen we have both disagreed with "...nothing within 58K can touch this car." :o
I suppose so.  

BMWDave

QuoteInterior room is nothing without interior comfort, and I personally feel that the Phaeton's seats are the worst in its class.

Yes, but it is also more expensive than the V8 variants of its competitors. And, I have never sat in one, so I don't know about the interior. But, once again, I would like to note that seat comfort is subjective.
Seat comfort is definitely subjective...I sat in a W12 Phaeton and found the front seats to be supremely comfortable, and the back seats as well.  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

They're nice enough unless you compare them directly to everyone else's. Only then do you start to notice exactly what they're lacking.

J86

How tall are you?  I have no need to put my feet under the rear seats of either of my friend's phaetons.

ifcar

Raghavan

i'd take this over any new luxury car, except a lotus elise, of course.

BMWDave

Quotei'd take this over any new luxury car, except a lotus elise, of course.
What about your Cayman S love affair?

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

nonono. that was my favorite PORSCHE. My all time favorite car is the Lotus Elise.

BMWDave

nonono. that was my favorite PORSCHE. My all time favorite car is the Lotus Elise.
I see.

2007 Honda S2000