Ford customer service smacks one over the wall!

Started by saxonyron, June 30, 2005, 11:16:56 PM

saxonyron

My 02 Expedition mysteriously started developing flaking paint at the front edge of the hood about a year ago.  The edge started blistering like there was rust underneath.  Lately, it got so bad, about 50% of the paint 1.5" back was gone, revealing galvanized steel - not rusty, though.  The truck has 74k miles and is out of the rust-thru warrantee, but I have a Ford ESP 100K warrantee (still doesn't cover this kind of stuff, though).  Bottom line, Best Ford of Nashua NH (their real name, really!) set me up with a local body shop.  Just got the truck back today.  They ended up painting not only the hood but both fenders.  The paint looks perfect.  To top it off, they washed, waxed and detailed the exterior, and detailed the interior.  The thing looks brand new!  Total  cost to me - $0.00.

Customer service like that is why I keep buying Fords.  This is roughly my 12th or 14th Ford truck I've bought (most for my business - E-150's, F-150's).  Funny thing though - I've never bought a truck from this dealer, so it's not like I had an inside line.  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Catman

Cool deal.  Hope they didn't wax new paint though.

saxonyron

QuoteCool deal.  Hope they didn't wax new paint though.
Good point - thankfully they did everything but the new paint.  I confirmed last night as soon as I saw it.  I'm not sure how long you are supposed to wait anymore.  All these acrylic clear coats and stuff must have different cure times than the old paints.  Any ideas?  (I just had my A6 front bumper painted, too, and have held off on waxing it.)

Maybe a phone call to the body shop might be in order!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

BMWDave

Very cool.  You know some dealers will be nicer than others, and you seem to have great dealers.  I had a Ford experience with one dealer that wasnt good, but every dealer is different.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

When I first read the title of this thread, I assumed it was a grainy video of Ford customer service people literally smacking someone over a wall.  :lol:  Good for you though.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteWhen I first read the title of this thread, I assumed it was a grainy video of Ford customer service people literally smacking someone over a wall.  :lol:  Good for you though.
:lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

Glad to hear they took care of you, it seems so few and far between today that the customer is cared about.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

saxonyron

QuoteWhen I first read the title of this thread, I assumed it was a grainy video of Ford customer service people literally smacking someone over a wall.  :lol:  Good for you though.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I've had service like that in the past, but the 2 dealers I work with now are great.  Maybe it's a trend - you know, to get Ford back in the black?    

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

footoflead

QuoteMy 02 Expedition mysteriously started developing flaking paint at the front edge of the hood about a year ago.  The edge started blistering like there was rust underneath.  Lately, it got so bad, about 50% of the paint 1.5" back was gone, revealing galvanized steel - not rusty, though.  The truck has 74k miles and is out of the rust-thru warrantee, but I have a Ford ESP 100K warrantee (still doesn't cover this kind of stuff, though).  Bottom line, Best Ford of Nashua NH (their real name, really!) set me up with a local body shop.  Just got the truck back today.  They ended up painting not only the hood but both fenders.  The paint looks perfect.  To top it off, they washed, waxed and detailed the exterior, and detailed the interior.  The thing looks brand new!  Total  cost to me - $0.00.

Customer service like that is why I keep buying Fords.  This is roughly my 12th or 14th Ford truck I've bought (most for my business - E-150's, F-150's).  Funny thing though - I've never bought a truck from this dealer, so it's not like I had an inside line.
we always had bad service with our ford dealer....(thus the chevy)...we had problems with low oil pressure...we had alot of bad luck with fords...my dad got rear ended  in our 92 f-150 hard enough to set off the air bags....and the when we got my dads mustang...it has been rear ended twice and has had a rock hit the cat. clogging it....

when we took it to ford and they said it wasn't under warrenty cause it was caused by road damage when a rock hit it...we asked to see it and they said when the guy took it out that he had hit the cat. on accident...since we couldnt prove that there full of shit...we paid a couple grand for a hole new y-pipe...(from fac headers to fac tail end)...so i hate the people at our service depatment
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Catman

QuoteCool deal.  Hope they didn't wax new paint though.
Good point - thankfully they did everything but the new paint.  I confirmed last night as soon as I saw it.  I'm not sure how long you are supposed to wait anymore.  All these acrylic clear coats and stuff must have different cure times than the old paints.  Any ideas?  (I just had my A6 front bumper painted, too, and have held off on waxing it.)

I believe 30 days is fine.

TBR

We have had bad luck with our Ford dealership (and, as I noted in an earlier post, the F-250 spent a lot of time their in its first 2 years if existence). Though we didn't buy it from that particular dealership so that might have something to do with it (we almost did, but the final price was $200 above the price they gave my dad over the phone, so we walked out). Our Dodge dealer, on the other hand, has been great, as has the Subaru dealer (or at least the one we take it to for service, the one we bought it from conned us a bit).  

saxonyron

QuoteCool deal.? Hope they didn't wax new paint though.

I believe 30 days is fine.
Thanks Catman - sounds about right.  Didn't get a chance to call the shop today - but I doubt I'd have a chance to wax the cars over the weekend.  Taking Tuesday off, too, so here comes a 4 day weekend!  Woohoo! :rockon:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

QuoteWe have had bad luck with our Ford dealership (and, as I noted in an earlier post, the F-250 spent a lot of time their in its first 2 years if existence). Though we didn't buy it from that particular dealership so that might have something to do with it (we almost did, but the final price was $200 above the price they gave my dad over the phone, so we walked out). Our Dodge dealer, on the other hand, has been great, as has the Subaru dealer (or at least the one we take it to for service, the one we bought it from conned us a bit).
Dealers are pretty unpredictable.  It's ironic that some high end places (Audi comes to mind, unfortunately) treat their customers like crap, but lower end dealers do a better job sometimes.  It's like at Audi, they're so cocky about their cars, they're doing you a favor by letting you buy one.  (My current dealer always treats me real well, but I've heard plenty of horror stories about warrantee refusals, crappy loaner cars, blown out repair schedules, etc.)  My sister owned a couple Saturns, admittedly crappy uninspired cars.  But every trip to the dealer for service or to buy one was like a family reunion.  I guess they were so un-cocky about their crappy cars, they were thankful you were there.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

BMWDave

QuoteWe have had bad luck with our Ford dealership (and, as I noted in an earlier post, the F-250 spent a lot of time their in its first 2 years if existence). Though we didn't buy it from that particular dealership so that might have something to do with it (we almost did, but the final price was $200 above the price they gave my dad over the phone, so we walked out). Our Dodge dealer, on the other hand, has been great, as has the Subaru dealer (or at least the one we take it to for service, the one we bought it from conned us a bit).
Dealers are pretty unpredictable.  It's ironic that some high end places (Audi comes to mind, unfortunately) treat their customers like crap, but lower end dealers do a better job sometimes.  It's like at Audi, they're so cocky about their cars, they're doing you a favor by letting you buy one.  (My current dealer always treats me real well, but I've heard plenty of horror stories about warrantee refusals, crappy loaner cars, blown out repair schedules, etc.)  My sister owned a couple Saturns, admittedly crappy uninspired cars.  But every trip to the dealer for service or to buy one was like a family reunion.  I guess they were so un-cocky about their crappy cars, they were thankful you were there.
Saturn is reknowned for their dealer service.  When I go the Land Rover dealer, they always treat me well, but parts are so expensive!

2007 Honda S2000