TVR's Entrance into the US Market?

Started by LostBoy, July 01, 2005, 06:25:16 AM

LostBoy

This sounds good.  B)

Courtesy of Edmunds.com

TVR's New Convertible Designed With U.S. Sales in Mind

The TVR Tuscan 2 convertible

Date Posted 06-29-2005

GOODWOOD, England ? The first fruits of TVR's Russian backing debuted last weekend ? the dramatic Tuscan 2 Convertible made an appearance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

The drop top has undergone a series of changes since it was first shown as a concept at last year's British Motor Show, including a restyled interior and a new dashboard. British sports carmaker TVR, which was bought last year by Russian entrepreneur Nicolai Smolensky, claims it has designed the interior with ease of conversion to left-hand drive as a key consideration, as the company plans to expand into Europe and America.

The fabric roof design is similar to that of other TVR models, the Griffith and the Chimera, with a removable central panel and soft fold-down rear portion. TVR also says it has set up the suspension geometry for comfort, although it is obviously still sporting. Both the Tuscan and Tuscan S have straight-six engines: 350-hp 3.6-liter and 406-hp 4.0-liter, respectively.

TVR is one of the three companies bidding to buy the MG brand from the ashes of Rover; if it succeeds, it could relocate all TVR production to the MG site in Birmingham.

What this means to you: TVR has never had the budget to bring its grunt 'n grind sports cars to the U.S. ? but with serious financial backing, that could change in the future.

BMWDave

I sure hope TVR would bring their cars to America....they are beautiful cars, and I hate seeing Europe only getting these cars.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

Very good looking, I really hope this happens. :)

R33 GT-R

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Raza

If this happens, I won't have to move to England!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

I think I saw a TVR Tuscan whilst (love that word) in England!  :o  :lol:  (not sure, though, because it was from a distance, but it was for sure a TVR)

BMWDave

QuoteI think I saw a TVR Tuscan whilst (love that word) in England!  :o  :lol:  (not sure, though, because it was from a distance, but it was for sure a TVR)
How did it sound?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

QuoteI think I saw a TVR Tuscan whilst (love that word) in England!  :o  :lol:  (not sure, though, because it was from a distance, but it was for sure a TVR)
How did it sound?
Couldn't tell...too much traffic.