***Gasteig Classic Car / Motorcycle & Tractor Show (Part 2)***

Started by cawimmer430, October 17, 2007, 05:38:18 AM

cawimmer430

Part 2

Lot's of tractors here. This is provincial Bavaria after all!

1953-1955 Mercedes-Benz 170SD. This was one of the earliest post-World War II luxury cars with a diesel engine. The "SD" models came better equipped than a standard 170D, DS etc.

1956 Moto Guzzi "Airone", a famous Italian motorcycle brand. This model has a 250cc engine with 9-horsepower.

Massey-Ferguson tractor on your left and a Fendt Schlepper on your right...

Ok, I am a hardcore Mercedes fan at heart and this is one of my favorite MB's ever! You're looking at a 300a (115-horsepower). This car has a very interesting history. It was produced in Germany (duh!) and found its way to Thailand where it served for over 20 years (well into the '70s) as an official German embassy car. It was eventually retired and sold to a private customer who apparently neglected it. Over the years it rusted and decayed. This car was then found by a German tourist - the current owner, in Thailand in the early 1990s. He bought it and had it shipped to Germany and fully restored it: and that's what you're looking at right now! I photographed the hell out of this baby because it looks so classy and beautiful.

This was a very interesting motorcycle. At first I thought it was an old Honda or Kawasaki, but it turns out it's a 1970 MZ TS250. You know what that means? I'll tell you: EAST GERMAN!!!! How could they produce something so modern looking!?!?!?

I LOVE GRAMINGER WEISSBIER! Me too!

1954 DKW 125

End of Part 2
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie