Isuzu Will Aggressively Price New Pickups

Started by BMWDave, July 01, 2005, 06:54:27 AM

BMWDave

Isuzu Announces Aggressive Pricing Strategy on New Pickups
Date Posted 06-30-2005

CERRITOS, Calif. ? Isuzu Motors America, one of the few Japanese automakers that finds itself in a precarious position in the U.S. market, announced an aggressive pricing strategy for its new 2006 pickup trucks.

The company's entry-level i-280 extended cab 4x2 will start at $17,649, including shipping. By comparison, its sibling, the 2005 Chevrolet Colorado extended cab 4x2, starts at $20,530, including shipping.

The Isuzu i-280 extended cab is equipped with a 2.8-liter inline four-cylinder engine, a choice of a five-speed manual or optional four-speed automatic transmission and three option packages. Isuzu offers a $699 preferred-equipment package with rear jump seats, carpeted floor, cloth seats and AM/FM stereo with CD/MP3 player and a $1,569 luxury package that includes limited-slip rear differential, traction control, side curtain airbags and foglamps.

The top-of-the-line i-350 crew cab 4x4 model starts at $28,018, including shipping, and is powered by a 3.5-liter inline five-cylinder engine with a four-speed automatic transmission. Optional on the i-350 is a $1,839 limited package that includes leather interior trim, six-disc CD changer and a sliding rear window.

What this means to you: Isuzu wants to maintain its toehold in the U.S. market and the value pricing on its new 2006 pickups is evidence it means business.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

Looks like the I-series is the truck to buy out of the GM's midsize triplets. Of course, I personally wouldn't buy any of them.

ifcar

I certainly would consider a thousands-less Colorado if I were looking for a small/midsize pickup. The Colorado/Canyon is already attractively priced, and this model is even better. It's not a bad truck, either.