Let's draw on the Gallardo with Sharpie!

Started by TheIntrepid, October 19, 2007, 09:12:30 PM

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raza

Like most things photographed nowadays, it's for the rich and tasteless.

Interesting artwork though.  Not exactly my style (I like abstracts and surrealism) but I'd hang something like that on my wall.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

thewizard16

Interesting art and no doubt difficult and priceless. However, prestige is not a word that really belongs with that. In my opinion, prestige, like class, cannot be bought, regardless of how hard some people try to convince themselves that.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raghavan

I think it looks cool, but the novelty of having your car look like that would wear off really quickly and then you wouldn't like your pimp paintjob as much anymore.

nickdrinkwater

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Onslaught

S204STi

I think it looks like a bunch of Xs.

Edit: oh, my stupid work firewall is blocking it.  Is there pr0n at that site or something? :mask:

Tave

Quote from: Vinsanity on October 19, 2007, 11:37:04 PM
was that seriously done with a sharpie??? :clap:

No.

Someone put a lot of time into that, though, but I can't say I find it very attractive. There's no unified theme, outside geometry.

The artwork seems like a mad combination of Arabic, Asiatic, and Central American Indian influences. Cool, but still, there's too much going on. From more than 10 feet away, it just looks like a mess.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

sportyaccordy

Y not do that to a disposable car, like an E-class taxi...

deesea

That looks fricken awesome! It's a shame its been done to a working Gallardo, honestly if they did that to a non working 1:1 model, It'd make a great statue :huh:
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

Tave

As long as he doesn't fuck up his internals I say let the guy paint it bright pink and ride around with a cabage-patch kid airbrushed on the side.  :huh: No skin off my back, and if you've already seen a normal Gallardo, why not see some one-offs as well? It's quality work.

It certainly doesn't ruin the car as a car. It's just paint. He can still blow the piss out of 99% of cars on the road.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

deesea

Iuno, it just seems really cool, but eventually you're gonna start to regret it. But if he/she's that rich, then i guess it doesnt matter to them. But for us ordinary joe's it just seems unnatural to do something like that to a 100 000 + dollar car.
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

Vinsanity

hell, well I dig it :thumbsup:

it's well done, and it's always great to see something different every now and then if it's quality work

Lebowski

Quote from: thewizard16 on October 20, 2007, 01:08:48 AM
Interesting art and no doubt difficult and priceless. However, prestige is not a word that really belongs with that. In my opinion, prestige, like class, cannot be bought, regardless of how hard some people try to convince themselves that.

I agree with your definition.  It always kind of irks me when people refer to a car as "prestigious".  Prestige takes more than a high price tag.  A school(Harvard) or a job (heart surgeon) can be prestigious, but a car can't be IMHO.

redbloodedamerican

I bet that the driver is covered with tattoos.

Onslaught

BimmerM3

I like the idea. This is the kind of modern art that's pretty cool - taking an everyday object (okay so a Gallardo isn't every day, but cars are), and turning it into art using a method that involves skill.

Don't get me started on modern "art" that I don't like.

JYODER240

Does anyone else see the irony with the word "PRESTIGE" on the front of the car?

thewizard16

Quote from: JYODER240 on October 21, 2007, 10:46:31 PM
Does anyone else see the irony with the word "PRESTIGE" on the front of the car?
Yeah. I mentioned that in the third response and Lebowski just commented on it. :lol:
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

JYODER240

Quote from: thewizard16 on October 22, 2007, 02:15:08 AM
Yeah. I mentioned that in the third response and Lebowski just commented on it. :lol:

Just noticed that :banghead: