I appear to be following in Soup DeVille's footsteps ... PICS ON PAGE 3

Started by Vinsanity, October 24, 2007, 10:45:48 AM

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on October 25, 2007, 11:20:59 AM
Built nicer?  More comfortable?

The materials in the CTS's interior are not as good as the ones used in the GTO.  The GTO's pieces also fit together better.  The interior is also more attractively put together.  The ride comfort of the GTO is great; as comfortable as a CTS 3.6, so unless the CTS-V's ride comfort surpasses the standard car's, I can't fathom how it's more comfortable. 

Sure, finding parts.  That's one advantage.  You want to pay an extra 5-10 grand on the used market for that?

The design might be nicer in the GTO, and the materials are nice, but the CTS materials are nice in their own way, while being different.  You also get real leather in the CTS rather than pleather in the Goat, you can comfortably seat four adults, and like Chris mentioned you don't have to work as hard to get in and out of the CTS.

It's just my opinion, I'm not trying to be argumentative.  I too like the GTO a lot, but I don't see myself owning one for a number of reasons.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on October 27, 2007, 01:08:48 PM
The design might be nicer in the GTO, and the materials are nice, but the CTS materials are nice in their own way, while being different.  You also get real leather in the CTS rather than pleather in the Goat, you can comfortably seat four adults, and like Chris mentioned you don't have to work as hard to get in and out of the CTS.

It's just my opinion, I'm not trying to be argumentative.  I too like the GTO a lot, but I don't see myself owning one for a number of reasons.

The GTO has real leather, and it can comfortable seat four adults.  I've stuffed an over six footer in the back of one and he was comfortable.  Ingress and egress are not as easy, no, that's true. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on October 27, 2007, 02:06:30 PM
The GTO has real leather, and it can comfortable seat four adults.  I've stuffed an over six footer in the back of one and he was comfortable.  Ingress and egress are not as easy, no, that's true. 

Are you sure it's real?  The stuff I've seen smells like tires on a hot day.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on October 27, 2007, 10:22:51 PM
Are you sure it's real?  The stuff I've seen smells like tires on a hot day.

As sure as I can be.  I recall it being real leather and MSN confirms it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

omicron

No Holden in recent memory has ever left the factory with fake leather.

I'm a touch over six foot, and I found myself able to fit behind a six-foot driver in a Monaro quite comfortably. The wheelbase is only one millimetre shorter than the 4-door Commodore of the same era.

Vinsanity

I finally snapped some pics of my own with my dad's ub3r l33t camera. enjoy!

dazzleman

Quote from: Vinsanity on November 10, 2007, 04:26:46 PM
I finally snapped some pics of my own with my dad's ub3r l33t camera. enjoy!

Nice looking car, man.  :ohyeah:  Cadillac is definitely trying to shed their "God's waiting room" image.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT666

Quote from: Vinsanity on November 10, 2007, 04:26:46 PM

Nice car man.  What's with the big black space int he middle of the centre stack?  Is there a feature that didn't come on this car or something?

Vinsanity

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 10, 2007, 07:57:26 PM
Nice car man.  What's with the big black space int he middle of the centre stack?  Is there a feature that didn't come on this car or something?

nav system :(

the Teuton

It's a clean-looking car.  I really like it.  Have you thought about getting the wood insert for the center stack?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Quite nice, Vinny boy, quite nice. 

Should have held out for the smaller engine with a stickshift, though.

;)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Vinsanity

Quote from: the Teuton on November 10, 2007, 08:29:06 PM
It's a clean-looking car.  I really like it.  Have you thought about getting the wood insert for the center stack?

I have thought of it, and unfortunately, most of the aftermarket wood inserts for this car look horribly cheap. I don't think GM made a factory woodgrain center stack for this car, but if I get one, it would have to reasonably match the steering wheel and the shift knob. Otherwise, I'm better off leaving it as is.

And besides, rims are going to be the first thing going on this car.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on November 10, 2007, 08:44:44 PM
Quite nice, Vinny boy, quite nice. 

Should have held out for the smaller engine with a stickshift, though.

;)

oh, Raza...I appreciate how you amuse me so :clap:

honestly, though, if I actually found such a combo, I probably would have jumped on it since those would theoretically be the cheapest CTS's on the market :ohyeah:

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

CJ

Vinsanity

Quote from: the Teuton on November 10, 2007, 08:53:01 PM
What kind of wheels are you looking for?  Sport or bling?

Honestly, some kind of mix between the two.

Here is my first choice at the moment:

followed by these:

or maybe these:

(tried photoshopping them on the CTS, but I couldn't fix the lighting)

the Teuton

They look classy yet sporty.  The ones on the Infiniti are just bling, though.

CJ

Vinsanity

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on November 10, 2007, 09:16:38 PM
:rolleyes:

the only approval I need are from my trusty lolcats

Although, honestly, I can't think of anything that would look better on a CTS.  My usual standby is to go with ASA AR1s if they fit.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

the Teuton

Is your lugnut pattern really 5x115?  I've heard of 5x114.3, but not 115.  It's a weird number for wheels.

CJ

Vinsanity

lol nice try guys :hammerhead:

as for the AR1's...

meh.

If I wanted something sportier, I'd go for these:

And yes, everything I've come across says the bolt pattern is 5x115; it's the first time I've seen that too. Apparently the STS, DTS, and I think the SRX also share the bolt pattern. Incidentally, the CTS-V has a 6-lug pattern :banghead:

CJ

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on November 10, 2007, 09:41:35 PM
If I wanted something sportier, I'd go for these:

And yes, everything I've come across says the bolt pattern is 5x115; it's the first time I've seen that too. Apparently the STS, DTS, and I think the SRX also share the bolt pattern. Incidentally, the CTS-V has a 6-lug pattern :banghead:

Arg, I hate those.

But it is your car.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

the Teuton

Quote from: Vinsanity on November 10, 2007, 09:41:35 PM
lol nice try guys :hammerhead:

as for the AR1's...

Cadillac is f'ed up, about as f'ed up as Ford for putting 4 luggers on the Contour.  I was going to say if they were indeed 5x114 then I'd tell you just to get some STi BBS wheels.  Unfortunately, though, they aren't and I have bad taste when it comes to wheels for luxury cars.