E = 4,205
5 = 4,183
STS = 3,719
GS = 3,317
M = 2,480
A6 = 1,581
RL = 1,565

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

FlatBlackCaddy

The M ain't keeping up with the GS very well.

The A6 is about to hit bottom(possibly getting passed up by the honda).  

BMWDave

QuoteThe M ain't keeping up with the GS very well.

I dont know why the Audi isnt doing better....its an amazing and very attractive car. :(  

2007 Honda S2000

FlatBlackCaddy

Might have something to do with reliability.

I've noticed a general slump(in used cars atleast) in VW products.

They used to fly out of dealer lots. Anyway i think their continued problems may finally be hurting them.

TBR

It never has, it is all about brand prestige at this level and Lexus has a lot more of it.  

BMWDave

It never has, it is all about brand prestige at this level and Lexus has a lot more of it.
Why do you think the A6 isnt doing well?  It has prestige and is a very attractive car.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Why do you think the A6 isnt doing well?  It has prestige and is a very attractive car.
Probably the same thing, it does have a fair amount of prestige, but not nearly as much as the other German brands. Plus, the styling is sort of love it or hate it (I love it myself).

BMWDave

Probably the same thing, it does have a fair amount of prestige, but not nearly as much as the other German brands. Plus, the styling is sort of love it or hate it (I love it myself).
I also like it a lot. :)  

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

E-class, yech. I've never liked that car. MB must be very happy with it though, considering it's the oldest model on that list and is still taking names.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

QuoteE-class, yech. I've never liked that car. MB must be very happy with it though, considering it's the oldest model on that list and is still taking names.
It's all about brand image in this class, and MB is definitely at the top of the list in that department.  

mazda6er

QuoteE-class, yech. I've never liked that car. MB must be very happy with it though, considering it's the oldest model on that list and is still taking names.
It's all about brand image in this class, and MB is definitely at the top of the list in that department.
True that.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

LostBoy

True...Janis Joplin didn't write a song about Audis...

I thought VW moving upscale could hurt Audi in the long-run, but maybe we're seeing effects of brand confusion earlier than expected?

You can almost predict the ranking by supposed prestige... rather than any relative "value" each model has...

BMWDave

I thought VW moving upscale could hurt Audi in the long-run, but maybe we're seeing effects of brand confusion earlier than expected?

You can almost predict the ranking by supposed prestige... rather than any relative "value" each model has...
The GS probably has more prestige than the STS though.

2007 Honda S2000

LostBoy

In America, though, Cadillac has always pulled it's weight, even when it's products we're out of line with the competition...

Remember the phrase,  "The Cadillac of...[insert product]"

TBR

STS has price going for it (its msrp isn't particularly low, but I suspect that dealers are willing to go under invoice, just as they always have been), plus the fact that Cadillac is an American brand means a lot to some people.  

BMWDave

STS has price going for it (its msrp isn't particularly low, but I suspect that dealers are willing to go under invoice, just as they always have been), plus the fact that Cadillac is an American brand means a lot to some people.
A fully optioned STS V8 can reach 62K.  For that money, you can get a 545i.  It seems like price isnt one of its strong points, but yes, for sendimental reasons, some people may pick an American car over a german one.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

A fully optioned STS V8 can reach 62K.  For that money, you can get a 545i.  It seems like price isnt one of its strong points, but yes, for sendimental reasons, some people may pick an American car over a german one.
MSRP doesn't mean anything, Cadillac dealers will probably sell you one of those things for under invoice if you push hard enough (hold back: GM's gift to the automotive buyer :lol: ).

ifcar

A $62K STS has AWD, not a fair comparison to a RWD 545i.

And I think the reason that the A6 isn't selling is, quite simply, that it's not a real standout in any real way in this class, and doesn't have the brand image to compensate.