It's Hip to be square.

Started by 2o6, October 28, 2007, 07:04:35 PM

CJ

Where's the projectile vomiting smiley when you need it?

2o6

Quote from: CJ on October 28, 2007, 08:29:21 PM
Where's the projectile vomiting smiley when you need it?

It's so hideous, It almost isn't.

That Interior IMO looks great. I'm all for different.

S204STi

Ah, I see what's going on here...China is trying to subvert the world's governments by selling really hideous automobiles that happen to crumple like soda cans when struck by a strong gust of wind.

CALL_911

Quote from: R-inge on October 28, 2007, 08:58:48 PM
Ah, I see what's going on here...China is trying to subvert the world's governments by selling really hideous automobiles that happen to crumple like soda cans when struck by a strong gust of wind.

Those wily old coots.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

J86

omicron

TheIntrepid

Does the rear remind anyone else of the Veracruz?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rupert

It's inoffensive. Not good looking, but as always, not puke-inducing.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raghavan

So having a dashboard that has acres of cheap, dull plastic is "hip" nowadays?

Catman

Quote from: Raghavan on October 29, 2007, 12:09:03 AM

My thoughts exactly. :nutty:

etypeJohn

Ugly has a new name and it's Chang Feng CS7.

VetteZ06

That interior could've come straight from a Chrysler product - not a soft line in sight, tons of cheap plastic, etc.

ChrisV

Looks a bit like an X1/9 or Countach inside.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

2o6

Quote from: R-inge on October 28, 2007, 08:58:48 PM

Many of the newer ones do much better in the C-ncap.

--------------------------------

I think the Plastics in the interior are of higher quality, than the ones used in chrysler vehicles.  ;) At least the design is cohesive.....I find this to be strangely attractive.

thewizard16

Quote from: Raghavan on October 29, 2007, 12:09:03 AM
It seems to be a trend. My theory: they think drivers are overstimulated with cell phones, navigation systems, and DVD players so the car companies are making dashes so incredibly boring or ugly to look at, you'll actually WANT to look up at the road. Or down at the floormats. Whatever works for you.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

sandertheshark

Do the automotive manufacturers of the world have anything to fear from Chinese designs?

There's your answer.

CALL_911

Quote from: sandertheshark on October 29, 2007, 05:37:30 PM
Do the automotive manufacturers of the world have anything to fear from Chinese designs?

There's your answer.

:hesaid:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

USA_Idol

Aside from the weirdest grille design since the '07 Camry debuted, this SUV-thing is pretty much standard fare for Asian car design:  handsomely generic.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: USA_Idol on October 30, 2007, 01:58:09 AM
Aside from the weirdest grille design since the '07 Camry debuted, this SUV-thing is pretty much standard fare for Asian car design:  handsomely generic.

The Camry's is not that bad.

2o6

Somehow, it manages to look more polished than the Hyundai Tuscon and Kia Sportage.

USA_Idol

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 30, 2007, 08:51:06 AM
The Camry's is not that bad.

No offense, but have you seen the Camry's front end?  I mean, truly looked at it?  What's with the weird grille design, oddly placed logo that creates a bulge over the grille?  That bulge continues into the hood and makes the car look like its got a malignant tumor on its nose.  Yuck.  It's a shame, too, because otherwise...the Camry is typical Asian design (generically handsome).  Just my 2 cents...

TheIntrepid

Quote from: USA_Idol on October 30, 2007, 12:03:01 PM
No offense, but have you seen the Camry's front end?  I mean, truly looked at it?  What's with the weird grille design, oddly placed logo that creates a bulge over the grille?  That bulge continues into the hood and makes the car look like its got a malignant tumor on its nose.  Yuck.  It's a shame, too, because otherwise...the Camry is typical Asian design (generically handsome).  Just my 2 cents...

Have I seen it? Yes, there's one in my garage at home. It's not exciting, but it's not ugly.

USA_Idol

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 30, 2007, 01:04:20 PM
Have I seen it? Yes, there's one in my garage at home. It's not exciting, but it's not ugly.

I know you have one.  I was asking if you've really looked at that front end and really seen how misshapen it is.

thewizard16

Quote from: USA_Idol on October 30, 2007, 12:03:01 PM
It is a strange shape, especially from a direct head on look, but certain trims pull it off without looking too bad. The base LE (the most common trim, I'd imagine) is hideous. The SE's grille did wonders for the nose, pulls it off relatively well, and the XLE/Hybrid make it look at least handsome. It's definitely the result of trying too hard to make a snub-nosed (thank you pedestrians that don't watch where you're walking) car look sporty.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

Quote from: 2o6 on October 30, 2007, 10:25:20 AM
Somehow, it manages to look more polished than the Hyundai Tuscon and Kia Sportage.

:confused:

I think you might have a tumor.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.