Wheels: C280 vs. 325i

Started by omicron, November 04, 2007, 03:10:04 AM

SJ_GTI

Quote from: omicron on November 04, 2007, 03:10:04 AM

Mercedes? vision inevitably translates to a single goal: topping BMW?s 3 Series, the class creator and permanent sales leader. If Mercedes? Australian orders are matched by supply from Germany − the previous C-class sedan (like the 3 Series) was imported from South Africa − it predicts sales of around 6000 sedans in 2008, a significant increase over the 4997 total C-Class models delivered in 2002, the previous best year. On the other hand, BMW Australia moved 8535 3 Series at its peak the same year and also expects to top 6000 sales in 2008.

Well, if you ever wondered why cars are so expensive in Australia, that's answer.  :lol:

I think BMW sold 11,000+ 3-series in the US last month. And I am fairly certain they sell singificantly more 3ers in Europe than North America.

omicron

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 05, 2007, 07:08:31 AM
Well, if you ever wondered why cars are so expensive in Australia, that's answer.  :lol:

I think BMW sold 11,000+ 3-series in the US last month. And I am fairly certain they sell singificantly more 3ers in Europe than North America.

Oh, certainly. The BMW 3-series has consistently outsold the Ford Mondeo in the UK, I believe.

Vinsanity

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 04, 2007, 10:56:34 AM
Even Treppy wouldn't drive that generation of Camry. My girlfriend has one. It's the worst Camry I've ever driven, and I've driven a LOT. :lol:

seriously, Trep?

one of my good friends has a 2006 Camry, and it's the same slowtasticness as the 2007, just with more brake dive in a less odd-looking package

Raza

Quote from: omicron on November 05, 2007, 07:21:47 AM
Oh, certainly. The BMW 3-series has consistently outsold the Ford Mondeo in the UK, I believe.

For a few years now. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SaltyDog

I'd like to see a Prius take on these cars in a drag race.  Sooooooooooo underpowered :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.