*** MPH07 and NEC Classic Car Show, Part 3 ***

Started by Colin, November 11, 2007, 04:44:57 AM

Colin

At this point, the lights started to dim, so we took the hint and left................... and decided now to go and explore the MPH Hall. Initially this did not look like a good idea, as it was packed, and as a show had just ended people were thronging in both directiios. However, once the audience started to head in for the last show, the hall emptied out nicely, and were able to enjoy the exhibits much more easily. The MPH Hall had a mix of stands selling "things", some awful "enhanced" vehicles and some cars we wanted to see........... not surprisingly, the camera concetrated on this last category.

Started with the Jag XF:

Some of the displays were really mixed, so there was a stand with Lambos, a Volvo XC70, a 207 and this on it...... guess which was my favvurite?!

A few other manufacturers had a stand in here, one of which was Volvo. The concept XC60 staged another appearance, and very nice it looks, too:

We were less convinced about some of the details of the C30, it has to be said:

Citroen had a stand, too, and the C6 drew further praise from our critical group:

Supercars were much in evidence in here, as you might expect:

This is the Invicata:

Chance for a good look at, and a comparisof of 2 toys - the Lotus 2-Eleven and the latest Ariel Atom

And finally................ my favourite new car of 2007............

Wow............. what a day............. 

TheIntrepid

Nice pictures. I really do like that Fiat 500 much more than the original, which is the first time I've felt that way for a retro car.

The Zonda's beautiful, I've never seen one in person.

XC60 really resembles a slammed version of the XC90.

The Jaguar XF must make it to production or I shall slit somebody's throat.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

CALL_911

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 11, 2007, 09:05:51 AM
Nice pictures. I really do like that Fiat 500 much more than the original, which is the first time I've felt that way for a retro car.

The Zonda's beautiful, I've never seen one in person.

XC60 really resembles a slammed version of the XC90.

The Jaguar XF must make it to production or I shall slit somebody's throat.

The XF is a production car, that was established like 4 months ago, or something.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TheIntrepid

Quote from: CALL_911 on November 11, 2007, 09:14:55 AM
The XF is a production car, that was established like 4 months ago, or something.

S-Type?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

cawimmer430

Nice pictures and write up! :ohyeah:

By the way, did you shoot these with a different camera?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Colin

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 12, 2007, 06:02:38 AM
Nice pictures and write up! :ohyeah:

By the way, did you shoot these with a different camera?

All shot with my trusty Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX50............. I do have a second Panasonic, which is a TZ3. Similar camera, jusy a greater zoom on it.

It was a great event... far more to see in 1 day than we could manage, especially when 5 Forummers are gathered together and we have much to talk about!

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colin on November 12, 2007, 05:39:41 PM
All shot with my trusty Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX50............. I do have a second Panasonic, which is a TZ3. Similar camera, jusy a greater zoom on it.

It was a great event... far more to see in 1 day than we could manage, especially when 5 Forummers are gathered together and we have much to talk about!

Nice.  :rockon:

Once again, lovely pictures! Keep 'em coming!  :praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie