Audi V8 Quattro

Started by Eye of the Tiger, November 11, 2007, 11:10:20 PM

Vinsanity

LOL I was busy digging up that article while you guys were bickering...I love dropping in at the most opportune moments :praise:

280Z Turbo

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on November 14, 2007, 06:34:38 PM
I'm going to hire Tiff Needell to drive my car.

I'll drive it reeeeeeeal good.  :devil:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

280Z Turbo

Quote from: NACar on November 14, 2007, 06:40:02 PM
I'll drive it reeeeeeeal good.  :devil:

You break it, you buy it.

CJ

It has headlight wipers!!!  I require a video.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on November 14, 2007, 06:40:54 PM
You break it, you buy it.
And you think Tiff Needell is going to drive your car? :rolleyes:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CJ on November 14, 2007, 06:42:48 PM
It has headlight wipers!!!  I require a video.

If I can find the switch, perhaps. There are just so many switches!

J86

Quote from: NACar on November 14, 2007, 06:44:12 PM
If I can find the switch, perhaps. There are just so many switches!

If it's like a Saab, when you hit the windshield washers, the headlight ones go.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: NACar on November 14, 2007, 06:43:33 PM
And you think Tiff Needell is going to drive your car? :rolleyes:

I'll lure him here with crumpets and tea.

Where do you get such tiny wipers?

280Z Turbo

Quote from: J86 on November 14, 2007, 06:47:35 PM
If it's like a Saab, when you hit the windshield washers, the headlight ones go.

My 9000 had the wipers removed for some reason.

J86

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on November 14, 2007, 06:51:29 PM
My 9000 had the wipers removed for some reason.

hmm, pity, I got an absolutely inordinate amount of amusement from those things.

Eye of the Tiger

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT... YOU'RE ACTUALLY BUYING AN AUDI V8 QUATTRO? YOU FUCKING NUTCASE! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?   :heated:

Rawwwng? Nuthin is rawn, dude! It's a luvely car! Let us selebrayte with good beer and good smoke! :partyon: :rastaman:

WAKE UP, MAN! YOU CAN'T EVEN AFFORD TO PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS, LET ALONE PAY FOR A NEW TIMING BELT ON AN AUDI V8 QUATTRO! YOU'RE FUCKING YOURSELF!
:rage:

Shuts up jo0 si11y bra1n. I luvs it.  :wub:

FUCK YOU. YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME.  :rolleyes:

That cuz ur a idiot and ur boaring.  :evildude:

the Teuton

Quote from: R-inge on November 14, 2007, 06:30:18 PM
Yeah, if I'm there!

I've heard of 2.5RSs taking EJ20 WRXs before.  I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell in a straight line, but if I get my suspension worked out, it will be a fun weekend.  Believe me.  We'll have to trade cars for a little bit.

In any case, the weekend will be devoted to terrorizing Nick since he will have a nice car.  'Twill be fun.  Once again, congrats, Nick.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Laconian

Wow, these suckers are cheap.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/car/474841272.html

Are there any ticking time bombs with this model? Or are they just forgotten?

Congratulations, Nick! That looks like a nice car, no flame stickers necessary.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CALL_911

Quote from: Laconian on November 14, 2007, 06:59:40 PM

Weren't very popular when they were new. Yeah, forgotten.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on November 14, 2007, 06:55:14 PM
I've heard of 2.5RSs taking EJ20 WRXs before.  I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell in a straight line, but if I get my suspension worked out, it will be a fun weekend.  Believe me.  We'll have to trade cars for a little bit.

In any case, the weekend will be devoted to terrorizing Nick since he will have a nice car.  'Twill be fun.  Once again, congrats, Nick.

I am not worried about your futile attempts to terrorize me, for I will be subjecting myself to the pleasures of heated leather seats, a Bose premium sound system, power sunroof, cruise control, and heated windshield washer nozzles. :devil:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on November 14, 2007, 06:59:40 PM

Get it! I don't think there are any time bombs in these cars. They are just rare and forgotten.

the Teuton

That and the 1986 Audi pedal scare drove people away from these cars like the plague.  Had it not been for that, Audi might be out-selling BMW right now.  That probably killed any shot of anyone thinking that anything before  1995 was a safe car.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Congratulations, Nicholas.  It really does seem like a nice car.  And thank god we don't have to hear about your '$+33m and '$c0r+ anymore.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Raza  on November 14, 2007, 07:12:53 PM
Congratulations, Nicholas.  It really does seem like a nice car.  And thank god we don't have to hear about your '$+33m and '$c0r+ anymore.

Agreed.

CALL_911

YES.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

the Teuton

Did you really mind those two little cars?  I thought what he did with the 'St33m was awesome.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: the Teuton on November 14, 2007, 07:13:56 PM
Did you really mind those two little cars?  I thought what he did with the 'St33m was awesome.

teh flamez?

The Pirate

I must confess, I am a bit envious.  Good find, and be sure to post up some pics and vids ASAP!
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Eye of the Tiger

The 'sc0rt will still be around for a while, I hope. There will be plenty of 'sc0rt talk. :evildude:

BTW, the 'sc0rt seems to have a problem downshifting from 3rd gear. As in, I floor it from a stop, and it takes off in 3rd gear. Not even a Suzuki Samurai can beat that for slowness.

S204STi

Quote from: the Teuton on November 14, 2007, 06:55:14 PM

Meh, my old Legacy had some moves, so I'm sure yours would do ok.  Theoretically the GD Wagon is very similar to the GC series cars; the Sedan less so, but it's mainly a matter of suspension geometry.  Seems they had it figured out a decade before...

But lets make one thing clear, I would pwn you.  I have m@d skillz, dawg.  :lol:

Seriously though, I need to see if I can make it to Beaverun...

the Teuton

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on November 14, 2007, 07:15:08 PM
teh flamez?

The KYB GR2 suspension with the VW +1 wheels?  Are we looking at the same car here?

280Z Turbo

Quote from: NACar on November 14, 2007, 07:17:59 PM
The 'sc0rt will still be around for a while, I hope. There will be plenty of 'sc0rt talk. :evildude:

BTW, the 'sc0rt seems to have a problem downshifting from 3rd gear. As in, I floor it from a stop, and it takes off in 3rd gear. Not even a Suzuki Samurai can beat that for slowness.

You're lugging it!

You're going to burn up the bearings.

the Teuton

Quote from: R-inge on November 14, 2007, 07:18:24 PM
Meh, my old Legacy had some moves, so I'm sure yours would do ok.  Theoretically the GD Wagon is very similar to the GC series cars; the Sedan less so, but it's mainly a matter of suspension geometry.  Seems they had it figured out a decade before...

But lets make one thing clear, I would pwn you.  I have m@d skillz, dawg.  :lol:

Seriously though, I need to see if I can make it to Beaverun...

I will guarantee you a place to stay for free if you make it.  That is a promise.  I might have to make one of the youngins sleep in their car, but it you have a sleeping bag, I will find you a couch.