Audi V8 Quattro

Started by Eye of the Tiger, November 11, 2007, 11:10:20 PM

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

let's see how long this lasts... :devil:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on November 16, 2007, 10:12:28 PM
I'm not really that skilled at bargaining. The seller told me he could see that I would take good care of it, so he didn't mind knocking the price down. Like I said, he was a nice guy.

And unless something really wrong happens to it, you better damn well take care of it.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

the Teuton

Quote from: M_power on November 16, 2007, 10:15:54 PM
let's see how long this lasts... :devil:

He's not you, Eddie.  And Ford engines are a little cheaper than Audi V8s.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on November 16, 2007, 10:16:59 PM
And unless something really wrong happens to it, you better damn well take care of it.

It's just too awesome not to take care of it.

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on November 16, 2007, 10:17:27 PM
He's not you, Eddie.  And Ford engines are a little cheaper than Audi V8s.

How about craig?

the Teuton

Quote from: M_power on November 16, 2007, 10:20:01 PM
How about craig?

There does seem to be a curse with all of us.  I just hope it doesn't get to Nick.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on November 16, 2007, 10:21:26 PM
There does seem to be a curse with all of us.  I just hope it doesn't get to Nick.

I hope so, too :mask:

saxonyron

Wow!  Nick, you pulled the trigger.  Niiiiccee!  You've got yourself one hell of a sexy uber-wagen right now.  Prepare to have to beat the ladies back with a bat!  Since your 100 mile journey went fairly smoothly, that's a good sign.  About the heater fan, did it die outright?  If so, probably a fuse.  If it faded gradually, you might have an automatic system that kicks the fan down to almost off once the chosen temp is attained.  I thought my A6 was wacked when I first got it.  Then I realized it turns the fan down automatically as it warms up.  Well, good luck with this.  I'm jealous knowing you got this for basically 45 days of payments on my A4.  I could justify some big repair bills on that car and still come out waaayyyy ahead.  Wanna make a deal?? :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: saxonyron on November 16, 2007, 10:23:25 PM
Wow!  Nick, you pulled the trigger.  Niiiiccee!  You've got yourself one hell of a sexy uber-wagen right now.  Prepare to have to beat the ladies back with a bat!  Since your 100 mile journey went fairly smoothly, that's a good sign.  About the heater fan, did it die outright?  If so, probably a fuse.  If it faded gradually, you might have an automatic system that kicks the fan down to almost off once the chosen temp is attained.  I thought my A6 was wacked when I first got it.  Then I realized it turns the fan down automatically as it warms up.  Well, good luck with this.  I'm jealous knowing you got this for basically 45 days of payments on my A4.  I could justify some big repair bills on that car and still come out waaayyyy ahead.  Wanna make a deal?? :lol:

I'll trade you, straight up, Ron. :lol:

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on November 16, 2007, 10:25:31 PM

He might throw in one of his 40 children for good measure if you're lucky.

saxonyron

Quote from: NACar on November 16, 2007, 10:25:31 PM

Wait, do I still gotta make the A4 payments? :huh:  Maybe not so good a deal for me.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: the Teuton on November 16, 2007, 10:31:55 PM
He might throw in one of his 40 children for good measure if you're lucky.

Hey, it's only 37 kids.  And I'd give you one of the useful ones. :ohyeah:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: saxonyron on November 16, 2007, 10:55:07 PM

I'll take a kid on horseback plz. That would be far more useful to me. Then they could run quickly to the store if my supply of emergency q-tips should need replenishing.

saxonyron

Quote from: NACar on November 16, 2007, 10:58:50 PM
I'll take a kid on horseback plz. That would be far more useful to me. Then they could run quickly to the store if my supply of emergency q-tips should need replenishing.

"Say what??"

I don't think Windy is amused by your request.  He's not interested in being useful.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Soup DeVille

It's a male horse named Wendy: he has to have a sense of humor.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Instead of a kid and a horse, how about that tractor hiding behind ol' Windy... is that a Kubota B7200?

saxonyron

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 16, 2007, 11:03:09 PM

Even worse - it's Windy.  My girls named him Donnerwind when he was born, or Thunder Wind in German.  Sounds good until they shortened the poor bastard's name to Windy. Like Johnny Cash's "A Boy Named Sue" - Windy should grow up to kick ass! 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: NACar on November 16, 2007, 11:05:57 PM
Instead of a kid and a horse, how about that tractor hiding behind ol' Windy... is that a Kubota B7200?

Good call - Kubota B7510.  21 diesel horses under that hood! :rockon:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: saxonyron on November 16, 2007, 11:09:19 PM
Good call - Kubota B7510.  21 diesel horses under that hood! :rockon:

I may not own any land or livestock, but I feel like I need one of those for some reason. :devil:

saxonyron

Quote from: NACar on November 16, 2007, 11:11:14 PM
I may not own any land or livestock, but I feel like I need one of those for some reason. :devil:

They're a ton of fun.  I justified buying it when I needed to expand my septic leaching field.  Either pay some dude ten grand to do it, or pick up a tractor, do it yourself, and have it forever.  It's amazing how many things you find you need a tractor for!  Snow removal has never been more fun.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

heelntoe

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 15, 2007, 05:39:24 PM
People make all kinds of decisions based on bad information that they beleive to be absolutely, irrefutably true.

But, putting regular in the Audi probably won't hurt it.
the knock sensors will detect and detune the car, right?
@heelntoe

heelntoe

Quote from: saxonyron on November 16, 2007, 10:55:07 PM
the one that brings the beer? :lol:

congrats on the car nick. :rockon:
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 16, 2007, 11:03:09 PM

:lol: :lol: :clap: :lol: :lol:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Eye of the Tiger

WOW. My insurace is only $24/month for the Audi. I am quite happy with that. :rockon:

CJ

Damn.  That's pretty cheap.

heelntoe

if you're not going to post pics of your car, atleast post some internet(eBay?) pics of an ausi V8.
@heelntoe

The Pirate

Yours is going to ultimately sound like this one, right?  :devil:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=95fVA1KsYXk
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: heelntoe on November 17, 2007, 11:44:53 AM
if you're not going to post pics of your car, atleast post some internet(eBay?) pics of an ausi V8.

here's the ad for it: http://nh.craigslist.org/car/470376824.html