Audi V8 Quattro

Started by Eye of the Tiger, November 11, 2007, 11:10:20 PM

280Z Turbo

Don't do glass packs. Do flowmasters.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Eye of the Tiger

Raghavan

That sounds really expensive. BTW, the side exhaust on the V8Q will probably look like crap.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raghavan on January 11, 2008, 09:47:39 PM
That sounds really expensive. BTW, the side exhaust on the V8Q will probably look like crap.

u suck

Eye of the Tiger

Raghavan

Quote from: NACar on January 11, 2008, 09:53:27 PM
how so?
Just IMO but I think that side exhausts look tacky, especially on a big 4 door sedan. I like them on the  Viper only because they're integrated. Dual rear exhausts would look badass though. :praise:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raghavan on January 11, 2008, 09:55:50 PM
Just IMO but I think that side exhausts look tacky, especially on a big 4 door sedan. I like them on the  Viper only because they're integrated. Dual rear exhausts would look badass though. :praise:

Redoing the rear exhaust would look better, but it would also be twice as expensive. Popping on a coupld of glasspacks and two 90? bends out the side is much easier for now, and it will pass state inspection.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: NACar on January 11, 2008, 09:29:15 PM
$

What about build quality, sound quality, and horsepower?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 11, 2008, 10:02:30 PM
What about build quality, sound quality, and horsepower?

What about the exhaust is about to fall of and I have to spend the real money on more important things so I'm doing it the unimportant exhaust as cheaply as possible

280Z Turbo

Quote from: NACar on January 11, 2008, 10:03:49 PM
What about the exhaust is about to fall of and I have to spend the real money on more important things so I'm doing it the unimportant exhaust as cheaply as possible

I suppose I can't really argue with you.

I have a bastard tire on the Focus. :cry:

Raghavan

Quote from: NACar on January 11, 2008, 09:58:58 PM
Redoing the rear exhaust would look better, but it would also be twice as expensive. Popping on a coupld of glasspacks and two 90? bends out the side is much easier for now, and it will pass state inspection.
Why is it more expensive? More tubing?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raghavan on January 11, 2008, 10:08:17 PM
Why is it more expensive? More tubing?

There would be like twenty bends instead of just two. Yeah, and more tubing.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: NACar on January 11, 2008, 08:56:48 PM
-Exhaust -cut out entire rear section, plop two glasspacks in the center, and run the tips out the side

What is wrong with you? It's not a freaking Challenger T/A.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NACar on January 11, 2008, 10:03:49 PM

Just cut it off aft of the cats and direct-bolt a bargain muffler- don't worry about side exitting the thing.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Secret Chimp on January 11, 2008, 10:41:11 PM
What is wrong with you? It's not a freaking Challenger T/A.

What do you require of me? Anyhoo, I suspect both of the pipes shall exit on the driver's side, unlike the Challenger T/A. Also, my car will not require the exhaust to go all the way back and then perform a 180? turn in order to exit ahead of each rear wheel.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 11, 2008, 10:42:34 PM
Just cut it off aft of the cats and direct-bolt a bargain muffler- don't worry about side exitting the thing.

According to the MAINE STATE motor vehicle inspection standards the exhaust must exit completely to the side or rear of teh passenger compartment. PLus, dumping directly under the car certainly produces undesierable resonance.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NACar on January 11, 2008, 10:45:54 PM
According to the MAINE STATE motor vehicle inspection standards the exhaust must exit completely to the side or rear of teh passenger compartment. PLus, dumping directly under the car certainly produces undesierable resonance.

Not as long as you're moving. But I guess if the state requires it...

Still, I'd hit up a muffler shop for a decent used muffler off of something before I put glasspaks under the car.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 11, 2008, 10:48:27 PM

Still, I'd hit up a muffler shop for a decent used muffler off of something before I put glasspaks under the car.

There is not room for two mufflers under the thing, so it will require an expensive 2-1 muffler, or two glasspacks. It'll last me a year before it rusts out, and by then I'll probably be tired of it.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 11, 2008, 10:48:27 PM

I'm sorry to say, but the Audi is not capable of exceeding the speed of sound under its own power.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NACar on January 11, 2008, 10:51:25 PM
I'm sorry to say, but the Audi is not capable of exceeding the speed of sound under its own power.

ORLY?

Eye of the Tiger

280Z Turbo

Did you fix the blower motor yet?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 12, 2008, 10:40:09 PM
Did you fix the blower motor yet?

NO! :rage:

It's on my TODO list:

-Oil change IMMEDIATELY! It's been 6,000 miles according to the sticker on the window
-Fix passenger side window regulator, cuz it stuck wide open right now!
-Fix blower motor
-Transmission fluid + filter
-Exhaust - cut out entire rear section, plop two glasspacks in the center, and run the tips out the side
-Replace front axles, unless the brakes go out first
-New brake lines all around
-Check spark plugs/ignition thingys
-install ABT chip

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 12, 2008, 10:50:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG10Ha5sdfU

Get a wood furnace.

Note to self: do not pour concrete into the floorboards, put wood floors on top, and install seats from a dining set.

280Z Turbo

The Audi would be perfect for those mods.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 12, 2008, 10:58:52 PM
The Audi would be perfect for those mods.

I'm afraid it would be a bit too short on headroom.