Mercury Milan

Started by ifcar, May 05, 2005, 07:28:44 PM

TBR

QuoteWhat a stupid argument! I never particularly cared for the exterior styling of the 6 (too boy racer for a midsizer)  so if the Milan is nothing more than a rebodied 6 I will be plenty happy.
I wasn't really arguing. I was just adding information that neither Dave nor ifcar may have, since I own a Mazda6. And just for future reference, I don't mind at all when someone says they think the 6 is ugly, it's just when they imply that it has no styling at all (i.e. derivative of any Japanese sedan) that I start wondering how much crack they're smoking.  Nothing against you, just venting from a previous C&D thread.  :)
I was actually refering to the argument about the "plushness" of the different interiors. Really rather senseless. I probably should have separated the two sentences in my post to make that more clear.

ifcar

QuoteI'm not going to hit quote this time cause its getting too big.  Of course its a matter of opinion, but IMO the Fusion's dash is thicker, while the Mazda is slim and sporty.  The rest of the interior in the Mazda has an air of sportiness, while the Ford has plush seats.
I'm not going to argue about the dash, as I certainly agree that the 6's is sportier. But IMO nothing else about the 6's interior has an "air of sportiness", it just feels like a somewhat-small midsize sedan. And I've never had a chance to sample the Fusion/Milan's seats, so I'll have to take your word for the fact that they're softer if you have.
You could argue that the cloth of the Mazda6 has a 'sportier' feel/appearance to it. It's ribbed and a little coarser than some. The inside is actually very roomy.  And access is WAY better than for my dad's '02 Taurus.
I've seen that in the 3, but not in the 6. A 2005 6i that I was in recently had standard plush cloth, virtually identical to the material found in cloth Accords. It certainly felt far from sporty, instead simply like any other base-model midsize sedan.
I own one, it's not just my screen-name.  :D  I believe they made some minor changes to the 6 after 2004. One of them being the seat fabric. So I guess we're both right it just depends on what model year you're talking about.

I can't find any damn pics to show you the difference, but trust me the earlier models did have coarser fabric. Almost like corduroy.
I believe it. I was surprised with how standard the cloth felt, but I suppose Mazda doesn't expect its sport-seeking buyers to be as interested in the i version.