***Volkswagen Tiguan Pictures from Wimmer***

Started by cawimmer430, November 19, 2007, 02:33:57 AM

cawimmer430

Gotta say, this thing looks bland and boring. Or maybe it's because I was looking at a base version...

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 19, 2007, 02:33:57 AM
Gotta say, this thing looks bland and boring. Or maybe it's because I was looking at a base version...

No it really is bland and boring. VW styling has really been hit and miss these last few years. They are riding a fine line between elegance and boredom. Sometimes minor design elements can deceide in which category a vehicle falls under. For example imo the regular Golf V is boring the GTI looks good. The Tiguan to is a good example of this. The concept looked good even though there are only minor differences between the concept and the finished thing. Imo the Touareg and Phaeton look good, the Passat.....

Let us hope that the new design God who took over almost one year ago will make a difference. He came to late for the Tiguan. He did delay the Passat coup? for one year though to tweak the design.

Galaxy

Bland and boring is proberly not going to change the Tiguan's destiny to become the best selling compact SUV in Europe, even though their are others who would be more deserving imo.

The Nissan Qashqai for example. All imo of course.

ifcar

The front looks good. The rest looks like a 2003 Outlander.

How well it does (at least in the US) will depend on whether they decide it competes with the Honda CR-V or the BMW X3 and Land Rover LR2.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on November 19, 2007, 03:51:24 AM
No it really is bland and boring. VW styling has really been hit and miss these last few years. They are riding a fine line between elegance and boredom. Sometimes minor design elements can deceide in which category a vehicle falls under. For example imo the regular Golf V is boring the GTI looks good. The Tiguan to is a good example of this. The concept looked good even though there are only minor differences between the concept and the finished thing. Imo the Touareg and Phaeton look good, the Passat.....

Let us hope that the new design God who took over almost one year ago will make a difference. He came to late for the Tiguan. He did delay the Passat coup? for one year though to tweak the design.

Good insightful post.  :ohyeah:

Agree about the current Golf. Boring as hell in stock form, ok in GTI form.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TheIntrepid

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 19, 2007, 07:42:18 AM
From eBay?  :devil:

Yes. :lol:

The only SUV I would ACTUALLY buy is a black on black Range Rover. :wub:

SJ_GTI

Quote from: ifcar on November 19, 2007, 04:43:46 AM
How well it does (at least in the US) will depend on whether they decide it competes with the Honda CR-V or the BMW X3 and Land Rover LR2.

I am sure they will market it as "higher end" but the prices seem reasonable. Starts a bit higher then a CRV, but then it does come with a Turbo 4 instead of a Normally Aspirated 4.

Honda CRV: 20,700
Rav4 I4: 21,100
VW Tiguan: 22,490
Rav4 V6: 23,135

Given how pricing on the Rabbit works, its also likely (IMHO) that the Tiguan will be better equipped at those base prices.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 19, 2007, 09:38:42 AM
I am sure they will market it as "higher end" but the prices seem reasonable. Starts a bit higher then a CRV, but then it does come with a Turbo 4 instead of a Normally Aspirated 4.

Honda CRV: 20,700
Rav4 I4: 21,100
VW Tiguan: 22,490
Rav4 V6: 23,135

Given how pricing on the Rabbit works, its also likely (IMHO) that the Tiguan will be better equipped at those base prices.

That and it's not as ass-ugly as a CR-V.

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

the Teuton

The front end reminds me of the GM CSVs.  I don't like it at the moment.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

BMWDave

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 19, 2007, 10:03:32 AM
Looks japanese.

Very much so.  Ifcar is right in saying it looks a lot like an outlander.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

omicron

Yet another new model thread, and yet another 'Oh dear' response from me.

That is a hideous angle.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Eye of the Tiger

In all honestly, I think I should very much like for myself a TDI Tigeraun.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

This may sound like bias, but I really like the Tiguan.  I've liked it since the first few photographs of it surfaced.  If I needed a small SUV, I'd definitely buy one. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Fire It Up

It looks like someone cut the underside of the front off.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

S204STi

The only thing I don't dig about this car is the fact that the rear seats don't fold completely flat.  What in the wide world of sports is the use of that?

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on December 02, 2007, 09:05:21 PM
The only thing I don't dig about this car is the fact that the rear seats don't fold completely flat.  What in the wide world of sports is the use of that?

Photo?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Looks fine to me. If they ever get around to putting the Blutech in this thing and bring it over here I am going to try to get my mom into one. Other than being a VW (my parents prefer American built), it would be the perfect car for her.

omicron

thewizard16

The front looks quite nice from head on and a slight angle, but a side angle makes the front bumper look ridiculous. It looks like it's missing something. The rest of the vehicle is nice enough but not especially interesting :huh:.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on December 02, 2007, 10:54:56 PM
Thanks Omi, those were the pics in the article I read too.

That is silly; my Passat's seats fold flatter.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=12089.msg663536#msg663536 date=1196692827
That is silly; my Passat's seats fold flatter.

Well, I think it depends.

My GTI's seats fold "flat," but they may simply be becausethey raised up the hatch area because of the spare tire underneath. In the Tiquan it seems like the hatch area is simply deeper then my GTI.

I know VW offers various packages for hatch storage on the Rabbit, I am sure they will have something that makes the cargo area more "flat" when needed.