Spy shots: 07 Santa Fe

Started by ifcar, July 05, 2005, 09:30:39 AM

ifcar

Raghavan

TBR

Looks like there is a little influence from both SAAB and Subaru in the design.  

Raghavan

QuoteLooks like there is a little influence from both SAAB and Subaru in the design.
and audi.

TBR

QuoteLooks like there is a little influence from both SAAB and Subaru in the design.
and audi.
I guess I see that a bit in the grille, but it has a lot more influence from the brands I mentioned.  

Speed_Racer

I like it. Less weird angles compared to the current Santa Fe.

I see some CR-V/Pilot in the nose of this SUV. Anyone else?

Raghavan

QuoteI like it. Less weird angles compared to the current Santa Fe.

I see some CR-V/Pilot in the nose of this SUV. Anyone else?
in that it's pointy?

ifcar

I see a lot of Hyundai/Kia in it myself, more than any other brand. A good sign.

Fire It Up

I see Xterra in the front grilles and some other car in the rear...

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

I dont know if anyone else sees this, but I see a little Chevy uplander in the way the headlights meet the grille.

But overall, a nice looking vehicle.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

I'm liking it. This will sell very well.  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteI'm liking it. This will sell very well.
I'm sure it will...it will have a great warranty and will be priced very attractively.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

I'm sure it will...it will have a great warranty and will be priced very attractively.
GM ought to be crapping its pants right now, because this thing sold great even when it was ugly. This will be larger than the current model to make room for the Tucson, so I'd say the Equinox/Trailblazer is about to get their asses kicked.  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

GM ought to be crapping its pants right now, because this thing sold great even when it was ugly. This will be larger than the current model to make room for the Tucson, so I'd say the Equinox/Trailblazer is about to get their asses kicked.
The Equinox looks a lot better than this, IMO.  And the trailblazer may be updated or replaced to compete with this.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

QuoteThe Equinox looks a lot better than this, IMO.  And the trailblazer may be updated or replaced to compete with this.
The Equinox looks good, but as I said, the Hyundia sold well even when it was ugly. You're right about the Trailblazer, and re-designed GM vehicles usually sell great for the first year or so at least, no matter how bad they are.  
--Mark

R33 GT-R

It's ok, but Feeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt anyway!
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

CaseyNPham

I somehow see Mazda3 in the rear...
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

BMWDave

QuoteI somehow see Mazda3 in the rear...
I see what you mean...the light placement is the same.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

It will probably be at least another 2 years before we see a Trailblazer replacement (unforunate since it is probably their worst product).

ifcar

Mazda3? What I'm seeing is a stretched-out Elantra GT light.  

BMWDave

I see that also...I think he meant that the way the lights are positioned on the haunches is very reminiscent of a Mazda3.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

That's exactly what I was gonna say.  :rockon:  :ph34r:  

Raghavan

I see that also...I think he meant that the way the lights are positioned on the haunches is very reminiscent of a Mazda3.
i see more alfa than 3.

BMWDave

An article and new spy shots by Edmunds:

The 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe will get a completely different body and look than its predecessor as the company attempts to move the vehicle upstream from its Tucson compact SUV.

The new platform, shared with the 2006 Hyundai Sonata, allows the 2007 Santa Fe to add a third row of seats for the first time.

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Will Be Bigger, More Stylish
By: Phil Lienert

Date Posted 07-14-2005

The addition of the Hyundai Tucson compact SUV to the company's lineup has given Korea's top automaker the opportunity to expand its flagship SUV. As you can see from these photos, the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe will be considerably larger than the current 2005 Santa Fe and will be positioned within the brand to compete with more upscale vehicles.

Also evident from our spy shots is the change in design direction for this upcoming version of the Hyundai Santa Fe, due out toward the second half of 2006. The company has more or less replaced the 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe's awkward lines with a more sculpted and distinctive look.

An increase in its overall length will allow the 2007 Santa Fe to contain, for the first time, a third row of seats, moving it more or less into the same class as larger Japanese SUVs such as the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander.

The 2007 Santa Fe's interior should be more refined than the current edition in order to match the exterior's move toward a less quirky appearance. Hyundai had more room to work with the Santa Fe this time around as the Tucson has now assumed the role of its entry-level SUV.

Hyundai was able to increase the 2007 Santa Fe's size by moving the vehicle's construction to the same platform that was used to build the brand-new 2006 Sonata sedan. And like the Sonata, the 2007 Santa Fe will be built at the company's recently opened facility in Montgomery, Alabama.

Don't expect any big surprises under the hood of the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. In fact, it's likely that the vehicle will carry over the 2005 Santa Fe's 3.5-liter V6, perhaps with a little bit more in the way of horsepower, though.

Look for the official debut of the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

I can't get over those headlights, they look way too much like the 9-7x's.  

ifcar

I don't see what you're seeing. The 9-7X lights are not only a different shape, but sharp instead of rounded.

TBR

The way there are placed probably has as much to do with it as their actual shape does.  

R33 GT-R

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

thewizard16

Looks a LOT better than the current one. Not a bad vehicle, but bubbly looking. This one looks pretty nice. I think it looks closely related to the new Sonata on the front (in an SUV ish sort of way).
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

GMPenguin

Infiniti FX45, anyone?  <_<