Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line

Started by TheIntrepid, December 06, 2007, 10:17:08 AM

TheIntrepid

Just three weeks after market introduction of the Tiguan, Volkswagen is presenting the sporty R-Line equipment packages for the new SUV at the Essen Motor Show. They consist of an interior package and an exterior package. Since R-Line equipment takes a dynamic approach, it is exclusively available on the Sport & Style version of the Tiguan.

A key visual feature of the new Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line: the "Omanyt" type alloy wheels. The 19 inch wheels are equipped with size 255/40 R19 tires. Moreover, the Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line is easy to recognize by a whole series of specific body modifications. Volkswagen design developed all body parts in parallel to overall vehicle development, and so it was possible to work them into the style on the new SUV in an especially homogeneous way.

Interior upgrades of the Tiguan "Plus" R-Line package include sport seats (front) with R-Line logo embossed in the headrests and "Monte Carlo" fabric design, multifunctional leather steering wheel, also with R-Line logo, and aluminum pedal caps. Leather sport seats are also offered as an option.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

S204STi

So, bigger wheels/tires, and sporty body kit eh?  So much for "R".

Submariner

As far as body kits go, this one isn't bad.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

So, is this a race car or something?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CJ

TheIntrepid

Do they offer the MT on these shores? :confused:

SJ_GTI

Quote from: R-inge on December 06, 2007, 10:43:31 AM
So, bigger wheels/tires, and sporty body kit eh?  So much for "R".

???

Its an "R-Line" Package. Just like BMW has an "M" package, MB has an "AMG" package, and Audi has an "S-Line" package. Its not the same thing as an R32/R36 in the same way a 335i with M-Package isn't an M3, an A4 with S-line package isn't S4, a C350 with AMG package isn't a C63 AMG.

Nothing new here whatsoever. Other then just not liking VW's and looking for a reason to "dis" them, I don't see the point of your post.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 06, 2007, 06:13:45 PM
Do they offer the MT on these shores? :confused:

Its not offered on these shores at all as far as I know yet.

When it does go on sale it will have both a 6MT and traditional 6-Speed automatic (no DSG...supposedly a torque converter is better for towing).

Raghavan

It's OK.
Doesn't look as boring as the regular model.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: SJ_GTI on December 07, 2007, 07:21:21 AM
Its not offered on these shores at all as far as I know yet.

When it does go on sale it will have both a 6MT and traditional 6-Speed automatic (no DSG...supposedly a torque converter is better for towing).

FWIW I was under the impression it was already on sale here.

Tave

I've been noticing the Tiguan more and more around here.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

thewizard16

Looks nice. I can't tell from those pictures for sure if they fixed the unnatural looking bottom part of the grille though.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.