4 (23.5%)
2005 Saab 9-3 Aero 6MT
2 (11.8%)
2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD 6MT
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

SJ_GTI

Which is your favorite?

(PS I know this poll is a little bit contrived, but I haven't made a poll yet and I want to see how it works)

SJ_GTI

As for me, I voted for the 325i 6MT.

I really loved the 2005 and previous model. Adding an extra gear and another 30 HP can only help it. I also think it looks better inside and out, and I am confident BMW will refine the driving experience even more.

Next choice would probably be between the 9-3 Aero or the new A4 2.0T. Everything I have read on Audi forums has said that the new model is an improvement over mine in almost every way. Better handling, more power, more refined on rough roads, and IMHO the new one looks better as well. The 9-3 Aero is still a great car even though there aren't any changes this year. It has superb balance for a FWD car, and the turbo ecotec is a fun engine with tons of torque (as low RPM's to boot). On the outside it may be the best looking in its class (though I think both Audi and BMW caught up with their 2006 models), and I for one like the "Saab" cockpit.

The G35 and CTS are both great cars, but just too big for my taste. If you were a fan of the previous gen 5-series I would say that you should test out the CTS! I was amazed by its composure when I test drove a 3.6 (auto). It really made me the impression of a 530i. Only thing it needed was a little more stering feedback.

The TL is a good car, but it has two flaws. Its too big for my taste, and its FWD. The engine is superb though, as is the transmission. It also probably has the best sound system in this group. Still, I can't say i would take it over any of the others here.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I am sure you are all surprised I chose the BMW.  ^_^

PS. We need the "angel" and "devil" smileys!

Catman

I actually had a little trouble with this one but I picked the Audi, though I'm not sure.  I don't like BMW interiors all that much.  I'd really like to check out one of these too.

FlatBlackCaddy

I picked the G35, it was basically between that and the BMW.

SJ_GTI

QuoteI actually had a little trouble with this one but I picked the Audi, though I'm not sure.  I don't like BMW interiors all that much.  I'd really like to check out one of these too.

I thought about adding it, but its not really out yet and the old one is a bit of a "lame duck."

An IS250 6MT sounds like its going to be a nice car though, and it looks great.  :praise:  

Catman

Some reviewers are already ragging on the Lexus for its slab sides.  Audi has had that for years and no one complains.  Personally I like the look as it gives a the car a heavy, planted look.  If you look at the Lexus next to the new BMW, the BMW looks frumpy IMHO.  Although some of the pics Camiro put up lool nice.

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

giant_mtb

Where's the STi?!  ;)    I voted for the Audi.  :praise:  

Fire It Up

QuoteWhere's the STi?!  ;)    I voted for the Audi.  :praise:
Subaru troll.  :rolleyes:  ;)  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

mazda6er

For me it was between the Audi, Acura and BMW. I picked the TL because it comes fully loaded and ends up the cheapest after you option the other two.  The value (or lack thereof) of the Beamer killed it for me. The Audi, well I don't know. If you had the TSX on there, I would have picked that. (again cheaper)
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

giant_mtb

QuoteWhere's the STi?!  ;)    I voted for the Audi.  :praise:
Subaru troll.  :rolleyes:  ;)
I was being sarcastic.  ;)  :angry:  :angry:  :P   Even though the STi will beat just about any of those cars I think...but the Subie isn't a luxury vehicle.  :praise:  

MX793

I would be very happy with any of the above (plus the new Lexus IS).  I really couldn't narrow it to one car.  Realistically, the S40 or A4 would probably be perfect given the weather around here, but I really like the performance value of the G35 and the BMW is a BMW.  The TL and 9-3 would be towards the back of my list, but I do like both of those cars as well, just not as much as I'd prefer an AWD or RWD.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

BMWDave

I picked the 325i because it has a driving experience that is simply amazing.  Combine that with great looks inside and out, and the fact that I have a brand bias, and you have my pick.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Colonel Cadillac

It was up between the 325i and the A4 2.0T, but I like the BMW a bit more. If I lived in a place where it snows even more than it does here, then I probably pick the Audi. Both are great cars.  

ifcar

I would've picked the TSX if it were on there, but as it was I picked the TL. I may switch that the the 3-Series if I like it enough, but I haven't even seen one in person yet.  

socalcookie

I chose the Audi.  I think it has the best styling, and after reading the C/D review, it apparenlty drives nicely too.  
The Saab would be a close second.

I just can't warm up to the new 3-Series styling.  I may like it a little better in person.  I like the Bangle 5 and 7 more than the new 3.  

850CSi

Easily the 325i, then a close competition between the A4, C350, and IS for 2nd place.

mazda6er

QuoteEasily the 325i, then a close competition between the A4, C350, and IS for 2nd place.
If I was about to own one, I'd say the Beamer too.  You're lucky.  :rockon:  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

850CSi

QuoteEasily the 325i, then a close competition between the A4, C350, and IS for 2nd place.
If I was about to own one, I'd say the Beamer too.  You're lucky.  :rockon:
No, not lucky. Spoiled rotten. :lol:

Colonel Cadillac

QuoteI chose the Audi.  I think it has the best styling, and after reading the C/D review, it apparenlty drives nicely too.  
The Saab would be a close second.

I just can't warm up to the new 3-Series styling.  I may like it a little better in person.  I like the Bangle 5 and 7 more than the new 3.
C&D really, realllly liked the revised A4!  

850CSi

The thing I really like about the new 325i is the 6.7 second claimed 0-60 sprint. That means that if you're good, you can hit it in under 6.5.

And anyone who's ever driven a BMW inline 6 knows that they rip that same soundtrack and keep going and going and going until you get to 120 with no sign of letting up.

Zcarnut

G35.
Its roomy,sharp looking,has great handling,quick,RWD,and affordable.
Hard car to fault considering the price.The recent interior redo,mild exterior changes,and extra ponies make it a even better bargain IMO.
Plus you could get it serviced at a Nissan dealer if desired!  :P

2nd would be the pricier BMW with the Bangle styling that isnt growing on me (but at least the new 3 isnt as offensive as some of the others recently).
I do drive a Honda (when im mowing my lawn).