Land Rover LRX Concept

Started by TheIntrepid, December 13, 2007, 03:32:07 PM

TheIntrepid

These pictures of the Land Rover's new "crossover coupe" concept have been leaked onto the internet ahead of it's official debut. The new 2 door SUV is entering a new niche market which thus far only contains the LRX and the upcoming BMW X6. Other notable features include seamless integration of ipods and iphones allowing the drivers and passengers full access to music, videos, phone, and web applications through a space in the center console where the iphone can be inserted. The official concept is set to debut at the Detroit Auto Show next year. Continue reading for more pictures and the official press release.

http://www.speed-driven.com/latest/land-rover-lrx-concept-images-leaked.html

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raghavan

Yawn

I cant wait.. i can see the range rover sport in coupe form

Michael Estorol

oh dear - that's feeble.
looks like a desperate attempt to show some optimism while the company gathers dust in a shop window.

Secret Chimp

Save for the excessive blank space in between the chin and the grille, I think it looks kind of cool.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

S204STi

I dig it, but I don't see the market for it.

nickdrinkwater

I really like the look of that.
I just hope the production car looks similar.

Yawn

Its a niche market.. if they are using the Range Rover Sport as the base.. make it in coupe format which is probably not much in development costs.. I dont think they really care if it sales in high numbers..

Raza

Looks like a pumped up Clubman.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

Tave

I love coupe SUVs, but this isn't doin it for me.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Tave on December 14, 2007, 11:41:10 AM
I love coupe SUVs, but this isn't doin it for me.

What other coupe SUV is there? :confused:

edit: If you call the Explorer Sport a coupe SUV, I might just have to kill you, mohawk. :tounge:

CALL_911

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 14, 2007, 03:12:47 PM

edit: If you call the Explorer Sport a coupe SUV, I might just have to kill you, mohawk. :tounge:

The old Range Stormer concept. That thing looked cool, even though it was pointless. Then there was the 2 door Tahoe.

I just don't see the point in this.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TheIntrepid

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 14, 2007, 03:29:19 PM
The old Range Stormer concept. That thing looked cool, even though it was pointless. Then there was the 2 door Tahoe.

I just don't see the point in this.

The 2-door Tahoe was just as much a "coupe SUV" as teh Explorer Sport. That's not a coupe SUV. That's like saying anything with two doors is a coupe.

CALL_911

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 14, 2007, 03:34:12 PM
The 2-door Tahoe was just as much a "coupe SUV" as teh Explorer Sport. That's not a coupe SUV. That's like saying anything with two doors is a coupe.

I consider most things with two doors, and a non-open top a Coupe, no matter how unsporting they are, or ugly. Hell, I say the Solara is a coupe.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TheIntrepid

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 14, 2007, 03:44:04 PM
I consider most things with two doors, and a non-open top a Coupe, no matter how unsporting they are, or ugly. Hell, I say the Solara is a coupe.

Ok.

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Tave

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 14, 2007, 03:12:47 PM

For starters there was my old 4Runner, the Blazer, the Tahoe, the Bronco, the Wrangler, the Scout, the Samuri, etc...

They're not as popular anymore, but I love the feeling of two-doors; it gives you such a sense of security.

And yes, even though I know it's not accurate, I'm using the term "coupe SUV" to refer to any SUV with 2 doors.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

sandertheshark

I'm kind of enjoying this little contest between LR and Jeep to see who can stretch themselves further from their military/off-road heritage.

Raza

Quote from: sandertheshark on December 15, 2007, 03:09:14 PM
I'm kind of enjoying this little contest between LR and Jeep to see who can stretch themselves further from their military/off-road heritage.

I think Land Rover has won that.  Range Rover Sport Supercharged.  Can't go offroad because it's too low and doesn't have the right tires.  Can't go onroad because the rims liquefy at the very thought of a pothole.  And it's available in orange.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CALL_911

Quote from: Raza  on December 15, 2007, 04:01:28 PM
I think Land Rover has won that.  Range Rover Sport Supercharged.  Can't go offroad because it's too low and doesn't have the right tires.  Can't go onroad because the rims liquefy at the very thought of a pothole.  And it's available in orange.

You have forgotten about the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT666

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 15, 2007, 04:04:26 PM
You have forgotten about the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8.
I actually saw one of those with All-Terrain tires on a dirt road.

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on December 15, 2007, 04:01:28 PM

Sport supercharged. off road. And they seem to work just fine on-road.

And while looking for that pic I ran across, this... a predecessor to the LR coupe...

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...