The Camaro caught in more detail--interior too.

Started by gasoline, January 03, 2008, 08:24:58 AM

Nethead

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 03, 2008, 11:42:57 AM
You're just pissed because it doesn't carry this emblem:

Hardly!  In fact, I'm damned delighted that no Mustang interior has ever looked this effin'---uh, er, ummmm--unique!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
So many stairs...so little time...

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Nethead on January 03, 2008, 11:52:47 AM
Hardly!  In fact, I'm damned delighted that no Mustang interior has ever looked this effin'---uh, er, ummmm--unique!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rockon:

:rolleyes:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

gasoline

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 03, 2008, 11:47:05 AM
I was being sarcastic, Gas ;)
Heh. Sorry. I have been fighting a wave of crap all over the internet today.
-----------------------------------

Raghavan

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 03, 2008, 11:54:47 AM

That actually looks better than the Camaro's.
Well, the Mustang and the Challenger will do a lot better now. :lol:

LonghornTX

Well, there is little you can really tell from the first set of pictures.  They are so pre-production that it is not even worth commenting on, IMO.  The shapes will probably stay, but given the overall look of that vehicle, I would expect a large amount of the details to change.  Overall, though, the interior is looking VERY retro, which is not a good idea IMO.

The photo with the white car shows the cars lines a bit more, and it does manage to keep a lot more of the concept than I though possible.  But, it looks big and appears to have pretty bad sight lines.  We will see, but at the moment, it gets a B rating from me.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raghavan on January 03, 2008, 12:02:59 PM
That actually looks better than the Camaro's.
Well, the Mustang and the Challenger will do a lot better now. :lol:

That's such a Taurus interior it's not even funny. My TREP has a better interior than this, and the Trep's interior is shit.

Nethead

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 03, 2008, 11:54:47 AM

OK, OK, OK, IntrepiDude! Cut me some slack! Sure, that older Mustang's instruments are where a driver can actually read them while driving--instead of down where the driver can see the instruments only while his face is, shall we say, "intimately close" to the Camaro's shift lever.

And that older Mustang doesn't have a toaster or an 8-track (soooooo retro chic!) or a Mulletizer or whatever that device may be below the '62 Impala A/C vents and above the '62 Impala instruments. I guess it's a Mulletizer to efficiently groom the mullet of the person who's head will be down on that shift lever, shall we say, "reading the instruments".

TheIntrepid

And being intimately close Camaro's shift lever could be alternately perceived as performing fellatio.

2o6

This a Preproduction Mule, this interior may not even be final.....

MrH

Still not a big fan of it, but I like it worlds more than the Mustang or Challenger.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

VetteZ06

The overreaction based on pictures of a pre-pre-preproduction vehicle is funny. Not necessarily surprising, but funny nonetheless.

the Teuton

The interior looks very high quality to me.  It just looks retro to the point of ugliness.  Will GM let an otherwise good car go down the crapper?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Catman

I have yet to see any example of any major design changes from a mule to production other than fit & finish, etc. The dash design would have been settled on by now with models.  The dash looks like ass and I'm sure the production car will look like ass too.  Very disappointed.  I don't think I could sit in that. :nono:

MX793

There's a crapload of camo over the dash.  I don't think the real thing will look quite as bad.  Though I'm not a big fan of the gauges down in front of the shifter.  I'm hoping they aren't anything you'd ever want to look at while driving (like the fuel gauge).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Catman

Looks like GM forced their steering wheel guy to go uglier then the normal ugly ones. :hammerhead:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 03, 2008, 01:33:04 PM
And being intimately close Camaro's shift lever could be alternately perceived as performing fellatio.

As was said : it's a preproduction mule. What wasn'tsaid is that the seats pedals, and shifter knobs on such vehicles are almost never the production models. These car are occasionally run via remote on chassis dynos, and the remote rig- a stainless steel box with appendages that is strapped into the seat-  can only "grab" certain shapes.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

nickdrinkwater

Does anyone have a picture of the concept dash/the car in Transformers?

FlatBlackCaddy

So the robot is only programmed to recognize and grasp a human penis.

Thanks for the info Soup, just don't tell me how you know this.

Anyway i'm sure most understand its prepo, but the basic shape and design will carry over. This interior(to me) is horrible down to its basic design style. I doubt they will turn this into anything stunning in the next 4 years before it goes on sale.

SVT666

FoMoJo

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 04, 2008, 09:05:38 AM
Here's something interesting

It doesn't look bad from that angle. 

Can't really tell for sure, but those godawful looking rectangular extrusions surrounding the tach and speedometer seem not to be part of this image...from what is visible through the side window.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

etypejohn

The Transformers Camaro interior.

See:  http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=121044#14 since it won't let the picture come through.  Same crappy interior.

Nethead

Quote from: etypejohn on January 03, 2008, 11:43:15 AM
Cletus and Billy Bob probably have their deposit checks in hand as I type this.

etypejohn:  Nah. Those are Food Stamps that Cletus and Billy Bob have in their greasy palms--probably been strokin' that shift lever...

GoCougs

The interior is very faithful to the '69 - IMO a better homage than the new GT interior.

I however am not a big fan of it - the '67/'68 interior had round gauge pods (which I prefer), and would have helped things here.

Nethead

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 03, 2008, 01:33:04 PM

IntrepiDude:  Now just shut up! :lol:  The mental images created by this quote by Laconian is horrible enough:

"From the front, those binnacles will make it look like the driver's wearing a square bra!"

And now you turn horror into disgust!!! :cry:

etypejohn

Quote from: GoCougs on January 04, 2008, 12:21:08 PM
The interior is very faithful to the '69 - IMO a better homage than the new GT interior.

I however am not a big fan of it - the '67/'68 interior had round gauge pods (which I prefer), and would have helped things here.

Like this from Left Lane News?

Scratch that. it was the Mustang police car interior.

Go to Chevy's own web site at http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/index.jsp?seo=goo_chevy_camaro and you will see what is basically in the photos on this thread.

Those four gauges at the bottom of the center stack don't look to be much more than an analog version of an idiot light so their placement probably doesn't matter much.

FoMoJo

Quote from: GoCougs on January 04, 2008, 12:21:08 PM

'69 Camaro interior...I don't see the similarity to the new one :huh:.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

etypejohn

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 04, 2008, 12:55:43 PM
'69 Camaro interior...I don't see the similarity to the new one :huh:.

I don't think that's a stock interior.

These are: 

They went to the two square openings in 69

280Z Turbo

Thanks for the retro idea, Chrysler. :rage: It's all your fault.

That interior is gross. They should have just started with a clean slate rather than try to adapt a fugly dashboard from 1969.

etypejohn

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 04, 2008, 01:12:13 PM
Thanks for the retro idea, Chrysler. :rage: It's all your fault.

That interior is gross. They should have just started with a clean slate rather than try to adapt a fugly dashboard from 1969.

When they locked in the design retro was hot.

280Z Turbo

Just to be clear, I don't think retro styling cues are all bad. The round twin tailights on the Corvette are not bad. What would a 911 be without its trademark fastback shape and round headlights. The 94-04 Mustang looked like a modern car, but had just enough old styling cues to let you know it was a Mustang.

But aiming for a boxy 1960's shape is going too far, IMO.