The Camaro caught in more detail--interior too.

Started by gasoline, January 03, 2008, 08:24:58 AM

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

omicron

The HVAC and stereo controls appear a bit....bulgy? It's as if the centre of the dashboard is beginning to show a pregnancy. Those seats are straight out of a Commodore SS, too.

In this photo, I see a white Holden Statesman at the top left, black Commodore SV6, white Camaro and black HSV Maloo; and on the bottom, a white Commodore SS Sportwagon, grey HSV Senator, green Commodore SS-V, and another white Camaro. Intriguing.

gasoline

Quote from: r0tor on January 03, 2008, 08:28:05 AM
thats one fugly ass interior
You have to remember that this is a pre-production mule that has probably been doing a lot of testing on two continents. It's coming in 2010, so it is nowhere near finished.

Also note the lack of leather on the seat. It's most likely not top-level either.
-----------------------------------

SVT666

The interior is even more retro then the Mustangs.  I don't like it.  The new Camaro has never really done much for me even after seeing the show car in person.  I think the whole retro thing will have had it's time in the sun by the time the Camaro and Challenger come out and after only a couple years of sales the numbers are going to drop like rocks.

etypejohn

That is a very ugly interior.  I've never liked the mixture of round and rectangular air vents.  And, I've never understood the reasoning behind sticking the gas, oil pressure, temp and amp or volt gauges so far out of the driver's normal line of sight.

The steering wheel looks home made and maybe its just the camo but the A pillar sure looks massive.

SVT666

Quote from: etypejohn on January 03, 2008, 09:21:40 AM
That is a very ugly interior.  I've never liked the mixture of round and rectangular air vents.  And, I've never understood the reasoning behind sticking the gas, oil pressure, temp and amp or volt gauges so far out of the driver's normal line of sight.

The steering wheel looks home made and maybe its just the camo but the A pillar sure looks massive.
The A-pillar looks like it's as big as the one in my Ram.

omicron

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 03, 2008, 09:31:45 AM
The A-pillar looks like it's as big as the one in my Ram.

It's at least as big as that of the upcoming Pontiac G8 - the VE Commodore has been oft-criticised for the width of its A-pillar.

Eye of the Tiger

That's going to suck. I knew GM would screw it up.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

From the front, those binnacles will make it look like the driver's wearing a square bra!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

omicron

This interior seems to have lost the cohesiveness of the concept - the swathe of bright silver that stretched from one door to another across the dashboard, or the light-coloured faces of the supplementary gauges. With the silver highlights, production seats, and all the prototype wires cleared away, the interior should look much better.

FlatBlackCaddy

The camaro should have been caught in more detail in chevrolet showrooms across america....2 YEARS AGO.

Seriously, this thing is taking forever, who gives a shit anymore.

For the amount of time its taking i would expect THE best camaro/rwd car in GM history. After looking at the interior i see that isn't the case.

r0tor

i think they went retro horrible early 90's GM for the interior theme...
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Nethead

Is that a toaster below the 1962 Impala A/C vents and above the 1962 Impala instruments on the console?

Well, it was certainly worth the wait...Ahem.
So many stairs...so little time...

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

2o6

I like Elements of the Interior, the Driver's gauges and the Four-Pack, but the rest is hideous.

2o6

To reassure you all, there still is Camo on the interior. That's why materials looks cheap. There's trim, and that piece of plastic is covering it. This is still a mule folks......

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 1o7 on January 03, 2008, 11:26:01 AM
This is still a mule folks......

Thanks for the heads-up! I was under the impression these pics were by an owner!

2o6

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 03, 2008, 11:27:04 AM
Thanks for the heads-up! I was under the impression these pics were by an owner!

Why's your panties in a Knot?

gasoline

FoMoJo

Quote from: Nethead on January 03, 2008, 11:19:53 AM
Is that a toaster below the 1962 Impala A/C vents and above the 1962 Impala instruments on the console?

I'm sure that the Chevy guys will still love :wub: it.  You know what they save about love...being blind and all that :lol:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Nethead

etypejohn

To reassure you all, there still is Camo on the interior. That's why materials looks cheap. There's trim, and that piece of plastic is covering it. This is still a mule folks......

All that  piece of plastic is covering is a detail; unless the whole dash is a red herring, which I doubt. 

Now we know where all the Fiero designers went.  They were all put on this project.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Nethead on January 03, 2008, 11:19:53 AM

You're just pissed because it doesn't carry this emblem:

etypejohn

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 03, 2008, 11:37:21 AM
I'm sure that the Chevy guys will still love :wub: it.  You know what they save about love...being blind and all that :lol:.

Cletus and Billy Bob probably have their deposit checks in hand as I type this.

gasoline

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 03, 2008, 11:27:04 AM
Thanks for the heads-up! I was under the impression these pics were by an owner! influence.
You were what?

Nethead

Aren't mules the sterile results of cross-breeding horses and donkeys? 
I can envision that here.  Easily.

TheIntrepid

FlatBlackCaddy

spent more time looking at the pictures....

it isn't looking any better.

I wonder if this car will be automatic only at launch like the G8. I'm just getting that vibe.