2005 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged

Started by BMWDave, July 07, 2005, 09:29:15 PM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

Big, heavy, gas guzzling...
the only thing that's useful about this SUV is that you can grate cheese on the cheap ass grille.

TBR

QuoteBig, heavy, gas guzzling...
the only thing that's useful about this SUV is that you can grate cheese on the cheap ass grille.
It is just as useful as any other suv its size, in fact, probably more so. It is quite capable offroad and has a rather high towing capacity (7800 lbs I believe).  

Raghavan

It is just as useful as any other suv its size, in fact, probably more so. It is quite capable offroad and has a rather high towing capacity (7800 lbs I believe).
who actually takes such an expensive suv off road? who takes any suv off road?

TBR

Not many, but my point was that it is more useful than its competitors so there is no reason to say that it is useless.  

Raghavan

Not many, but my point was that it is more useful than its competitors so there is no reason to say that it is useless.
acutally,i think all SUV's are useless.

BMWDave

as you do all FWD cars....more opinion based on absolutely nothing.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

My car with its anemic V8  :lol:  can tow 7,700 pounds.  

The Range Rover can also tow 7,700 pounds (got that from LR's website)

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Which is a lot more than car based suvs can't tow (and, I bet your Discovery wouldn't tow that much weight nearly as happily as a RRS Supercharged would :lol:).

BMWDave

Which is a lot more than car based suvs can't tow (and, I bet your Discovery wouldn't tow that much weight nearly as happily as a RRS Supercharged would :lol:).
:lol: Yup.  I can easily tow 5,500 pounds in high range, but I have to drop it into low range to tow 7,700 pounds.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

:lol: Yup.  I can easily tow 5,500 pounds in high range, but I have to drop it into low range to tow 7,700 pounds.
Doing that at 55 mph would be a quick way to screw up your tranismission and transfer case ;).

BMWDave

Doing that at 55 mph would be a quick weigh to screw up your tranismission and transfer case ;).
I dont really tow :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

except the CRX...
and the SUV opinion is totally valid.

BMWDave

except the CRX...
"SUVs are totally useless"....

valid my ass :rolleyes:  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

except the CRX...
"SUVs are totally useless"....

valid my ass :rolleyes:
look, SUV's are expensive, gas guzzling, and they're huge, taking up space on highways, etc. they can also be dangerous too. they're meant for off-roading or people hauling, but i don't know anyone who actually takes their SUV's offroad, and i see many lone drivers in a hugeass SUV. people just buy it to make a statement, and that's why i'm saying that SUV's are useless. If you actually off road, or repeatedly take 6-7 people, or tow something, then it's ok, but i don't see anyone with SUV's actually doing that.

TBR

"ook, SUV's are expensive, gas guzzling, and they're huge, taking up space on highways, etc. they can also be dangerous too. they're meant for off-roading or people hauling, but i don't know anyone who actually takes their SUV's offroad, and i see many lone drivers in a hugeass SUV. people just buy it to make a statement, and that's why i'm saying that SUV's are useless. If you actually off road, or repeatedly take 6-7 people, or tow something, then it's ok, but i don't see anyone with SUV's actually doing that."

Just because people don't use them for what they are supposed to be used doesn't mean they're useless  :rolleyes:  

Raghavan

Quote"ook, SUV's are expensive, gas guzzling, and they're huge, taking up space on highways, etc. they can also be dangerous too. they're meant for off-roading or people hauling, but i don't know anyone who actually takes their SUV's offroad, and i see many lone drivers in a hugeass SUV. people just buy it to make a statement, and that's why i'm saying that SUV's are useless. If you actually off road, or repeatedly take 6-7 people, or tow something, then it's ok, but i don't see anyone with SUV's actually doing that."

Just because people don't use them for what they are supposed to be used doesn't mean they're useless  :rolleyes:
ok. lemme rephrase what i'm trying to say.
SUV's are useless for what most people use them for.

TBR

BMWDave

Quote"ook, SUV's are expensive, gas guzzling, and they're huge, taking up space on highways, etc. they can also be dangerous too. they're meant for off-roading or people hauling, but i don't know anyone who actually takes their SUV's offroad, and i see many lone drivers in a hugeass SUV. people just buy it to make a statement, and that's why i'm saying that SUV's are useless. If you actually off road, or repeatedly take 6-7 people, or tow something, then it's ok, but i don't see anyone with SUV's actually doing that."

Just because people don't use them for what they are supposed to be used doesn't mean they're useless  :rolleyes:
Many people do use SUVs to haul stuff around, and haul kids around.  It offers the space of a minivan without the mommy image.  

Just because you have not noticed people using them for useful purposes in no way means the market as a whole is not using them.  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Just because people don't use them for what they are supposed to be used doesn't mean they're useless  :rolleyes:
Many people do use SUVs to haul stuff around, and haul kids around.  It offers the space of a minivan without the mommy image.  

Just because you have not noticed people using them for useful purposes in no way means the market as a whole is not using them.
i know that they aren't used for what they're supposed to do. even my dad drives his MDX to and from work everyday alone with only his laptop bag. some hauling.

BMWDave

The stupidity of your comment amazes me.  Because your dad only uses his MDX for himself, that means you can make a generalization on the entire SUV market??

:rolleyes:

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Most people don't use the extra capabilities that suvs have, probably 95% of suv owners would be better off in a station wagon or minivan.  

BMWDave

QuoteMost people don't use the extra capabilities that suvs have, probably 95% of suv owners would be better off in a station wagon or minivan.
I agree they would be better off, but only because of size and efficiency.  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteThe stupidity of your comment amazes me.  Because your dad only uses his MDX for himself, that means you can make a generalization on the entire SUV market??

not only that, but many people on the road, my neighbors, etc. i see them going alone in huge SUV's.

Raghavan

QuoteMost people don't use the extra capabilities that suvs have, probably 95% of suv owners would be better off in a station wagon or minivan.
exactly what i'm trying to say.

BMWDave

QuoteThe stupidity of your comment amazes me.  Because your dad only uses his MDX for himself, that means you can make a generalization on the entire SUV market??

not only that, but many people on the road, my neighbors, etc. i see them going alone in huge SUV's.
How many people do you see on the road?  Do you know how many SUVs there are out there?  Because you witness a few SUVs you decide to make that generalization?

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteThe stupidity of your comment amazes me.  Because your dad only uses his MDX for himself, that means you can make a generalization on the entire SUV market??

How many people do you see on the road?  Do you know how many SUVs there are out there?  Because you witness a few SUVs you decide to make that generalization?
why, do you see many people actually using their SUV's?
we don't actually need SUV's at all.

BMWDave

QuoteThe stupidity of your comment amazes me.? Because your dad only uses his MDX for himself, that means you can make a generalization on the entire SUV market??

I do in fact.  And I also know that you cant just make generalizations on what you see.

Your comment of we dont need SUVs may be true of you, but certainly not for some other people.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

I do in fact.  And I also know that you cant just make generalizations on what you see.

Your comment of we dont need SUVs may be true of you, but certainly not for some other people.
think about it. you have minivans for hauling people and stuff, and pickups for hauling stuff and off roading.

R33 GT-R

Dave can you believe the salesman still hasn't called my back on the Sport I have my deposit on yet.  I'm wondering how they pay these guys if it isn't from the sale of the vehicle.   <_<  
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!