Wife gets first ticket, upstate NY - advice?

Started by Maxxum, January 08, 2008, 05:13:31 AM

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: the nameless one on January 15, 2008, 06:16:47 PM
All of that concrete is absolutely ugly.

We have nice looking freeways:

The freeway runs through this bridge and a ton of trees:

But, when it comes down to it....freeways aren't supposed to be pretty! I want them to be fast and efficient and although the photos here are nice and it's a beautiful stretch (163 freeway close to Balboa Park & Downtown San Diego), it isn't exactly a fast stretch.

JamesYoung- You're right, the 15 to Temecula is one fast freeway. But did you see the burn areas?! Holy shit!

BENZ BOY15

But the most beautiful highway? With out a doubt, Highway 1 in Big Sur, CA:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 15, 2008, 04:15:37 AM
......and to show how real freeways are supposed to look like, not the 2 or 3 lane bullcrap you get in new england.

New York is not new England.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

dazzleman

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 15, 2008, 06:45:10 PM
But the most beautiful highway? With out a doubt, Highway 1 in Big Sur, CA:

Beautiful picture, BenzBoy.  That's not the PCH, is it?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

Quote from: dazzleman on January 15, 2008, 07:45:00 PM
Beautiful picture, BenzBoy.  That's not the PCH, is it?

Best guess would be Highway 1 in Big Sur. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

James Young

PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) and California 1 are one and the same. 
Freedom is dangerous.  You can either accept the risks that come with it or eventually lose it all step-by-step.  Each step will be justified by its proponents as a minor inconvenience that will help make us all "safer."  Personally, I'd rather have a slightly more dangerous world that respects freedom more. ? The Speed Criminal

BENZ BOY15

And by my house it's Coast High Way 101. You would think they could call it one name.

Raza

Quote from: James Young on January 15, 2008, 10:26:45 PM
PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) and California 1 are one and the same. 

Oh, interesting.  Like Route 1 and Roosevelt Boulevard out here.  Same highway, just called different names in different places.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

93JC

Here 16th Avenue North, Highway 1 and the Trans-Canada Highway refer to the exact same stretch of road. Our street signs carry all three names.

Highway 2 is at various points called Highway 2, Deerfoot Trail, Queen Elizabeth II Highway, Calgary Trail, Gateway Boulevard, Whitemud Drive & St. Albert Trail.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 93JC on January 16, 2008, 02:09:40 PM
Here 16th Avenue North, Highway 1 and the Trans-Canada Highway refer to the exact same stretch of road. Our street signs carry all three names.

Highway 2 is at various points called Highway 2, Deerfoot Trail, Queen Elizabeth II Highway, Calgary Trail, Gateway Boulevard, Whitemud Drive & St. Albert Trail.

Yup, Gardiner Expressway, Queen Elizabeth Way and RR-5 are all the same.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

93JC

At least they're separate streches of road, though. It's the Gardiner Expressway from Lake Shore Blvd to QEW, QEW from Gardiner to somewhere near Niagara, etc.

16th Avenue North/Highway 1/Trans-Canada is literally the same road, the same piece of asphalt.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 93JC on January 16, 2008, 02:24:56 PM
At least they're separate streches of road, though. It's the Gardiner Expressway from Lake Shore Blvd to QEW, QEW from Gardiner to somewhere near Niagara, etc.

How the crap did you know that? :confused:

Also, in Welland, ON, which is about 35minutes before Niagara Falls, QEW becomes the Highway 417 I believe.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

J86

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 93JC on January 16, 2008, 02:09:40 PM

Royalty, saints, and nature.

Not a bad naming scheme: especially compared to the "Guys who were beat up by Henry Ford" naming scheme we have here in Detroit.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

L. ed foote

Quote from: TurboDan on January 08, 2008, 09:31:00 PM
Check in with L. Ed. Foote.  He has plenty of experience with upstate NY procedures.  :lol:

:lol:

Mail the ticket in
Receive a court date
Show up for court
Meet with the arresting officer
Strike a plea with arresting officer
Submit the plea with the judge
Pay the fine, or arrange to pay the fine.
Member, Self Preservation Society