2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

2o6

TheIntrepid

Raghavan

SJ_GTI

Not a vehicle I would ever buy, but it does look pretty cool.

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

the Teuton

I really like it.  I hope it has solid front and rear axles like the Wrangler.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: etypejohn on January 09, 2008, 07:49:37 AM
Who is the hell is designing these things?  Tonka?  What a f*cking joke. 

For once I agree with this guy

etypejohn

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 09, 2008, 09:28:39 AM
For once I agree with this guy

You should agree more often.  :lol: Doing so will make you right more often.    :praise:

Now that I think about it all non-military Hummers are rather cartoonish.  Factory Art Cars!!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: etypejohn on January 09, 2008, 09:33:21 AM
You should agree more often.  :lol: Doing so will make you right more often.    :praise:

Sorry, I didn't know ChrisV took over your account.

the Teuton

I like it.  It's supposed to be eccentric and ugly.  If you want a beautiful off-roader, buy a...well, I really can't think of any that are both competent and good-looking.  Maybe the Range Rover Sport?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: the Teuton on January 09, 2008, 12:24:23 PM
I like it.  It's supposed to be eccentric and ugly.  If you want a beautiful off-roader, buy a...well, I really can't think of any that are both competent and good-looking.  Maybe the Range Rover Sport?

The Sport is shit off-road. The proper Range Rover on the other hand, is another story :wub:

etypejohn

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 09, 2008, 12:16:55 PM
Sorry, I didn't know ChrisV took over your account.

there would not have been smilies had he written that.

TheIntrepid

Rich

Turns out that one of the designers on the HX was one of my roomates my sophomore year of college
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Tave

I like it. I think it looks like a great alternative to the Wrangler.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

the Teuton

Quote from: HotRodPilot on January 09, 2008, 01:17:00 PM
Turns out that one of the designers on the HX was one of my roomates my sophomore year of college

That's kinda cool.

ChrisV

Quote from: etypejohn on January 09, 2008, 07:49:37 AM
Who is the hell is designing these things?  Tonka?  What a f*cking joke. 

Oh, they must've forgot that offroad vehicles are supposed to look like E types and Ferraris.

I like it in a modern dune buggy sort of way.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

ChrisV

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 09, 2008, 12:25:21 PM
The Sport is shit off-road.

It's not as bad as you might think. I've posted pictures that refute your statement.

Tave

Quote from: ChrisV on January 10, 2008, 11:18:30 AM
It's not as bad as you might think. I've posted pictures that refute your statement.

I've seen one of those. I'd be interested to know if the rims made it back safetly to pavement.

I think most people would agree 20" wheels equiped with low-profile tires aren't ideal for off-road duty.

Hell, I could have posted a picture of the Aveo tackling rocks in July, and another one of the damaged front bumper in August. Just because you can off-road a vehicle doesn't mean you should.

In the words of Chris rock:

"Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's to be done. Hell, I could drive a car with my feet if I wanted to, but that don't make it a good fuckin idea" :lol:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SVT666

That thing would suck off-road without a spotter.  The driver can't see out of it.  Stupid POS.

Rupert

From the link:

"With its compact dimensions, almost no overhangs and grippy 35-inch tires, the HX is ready for all terrains. Like all HUMMER production models, the HX has sturdy, body-on-frame construction, onto which is mounted front and rear independent suspensions."

Front and rear IS, eh?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

the Teuton

I wonder if the IRS will see production and what kind of travel the wheels will have.

SVT666

Quote from: Psilos on January 10, 2008, 07:15:55 PM
From the link:

"With its compact dimensions, almost no overhangs and grippy 35-inch tires, the HX is ready for all terrains. Like all HUMMER production models, the HX has sturdy, body-on-frame construction, onto which is mounted front and rear independent suspensions."
Really?

ChrisV

Quote from: Tave on January 10, 2008, 11:38:51 AM
I've seen one of those. I'd be interested to know if the rims made it back safetly to pavement.

I think most people would agree 20" wheels equiped with low-profile tires aren't ideal for off-road duty.

Hell, I could have posted a picture of the Aveo tackling rocks in July, and another one of the damaged front bumper in August. Just because you can off-road a vehicle doesn't mean you should.

In the words of Chris rock:

"Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's to be done. Hell, I could drive a car with my feet if I wanted to, but that don't make it a good fuckin idea" :lol:

The point is, Land Rovers are designed around offroading first, then modified for on road use, and have been since the first ones. Even the sport. No, the 20" wheels aren't the best at doing offroad work, but to say they "suck" is hyperbole of the worst sort, since I've seen them go offroad (and remember, rock climbing is not the ONLY fiorm of offroading there is.. Driving throuigh the jungles of Belize is a valid form of offroading, and even the 20" wheels have proven to work fine out there...). Would I buy an $80k new car and go offroading? Probably not, but it's nice to know it CAN. Much like the Range Rover I have NOW (which has gotten quite dirty at times, itself). iv'e gone offroading in a number of vehicles, but I've never been rock climbing with them, nor do I have a desire to. Crawling over big rocks in't the sum total of offroading, nor does it even need to be done at all to be going offroad.

Again, the point isn't that you should or shouldn't but that it CAN because it was designed to to start with.

Mak450

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 10, 2008, 11:30:56 PM
Really?

I think its just poorly worded, they mean the body on frame is common to hummers, but not the idependant suspension.

SVT666

Quote from: ChrisV on January 11, 2008, 06:34:15 AM
The point is, Land Rovers are designed around offroading first, then modified for on road use, and have been since the first ones. Even the sport. No, the 20" wheels aren't the best at doing offroad work, but to say they "suck" is hyperbole of the worst sort, since I've seen them go offroad (and remember, rock climbing is not the ONLY fiorm of offroading there is.. Driving throuigh the jungles of Belize is a valid form of offroading, and even the 20" wheels have proven to work fine out there...). Would I buy an $80k new car and go offroading? Probably not, but it's nice to know it CAN. Much like the Range Rover I have NOW (which has gotten quite dirty at times, itself). iv'e gone offroading in a number of vehicles, but I've never been rock climbing with them, nor do I have a desire to. Crawling over big rocks in't the sum total of offroading, nor does it even need to be done at all to be going offroad.
I agree, however you take those same Land Rovers and stick 16" wheels with higher profile tires and they would have had an easier time doing everything they did with the 20s.  20" wheel are not ideal for offroading unless you wrap them with larger tires.  Personally I would never use anything bigger then 17" wheels on a vehicle I would be using for offroading.