Mercedes CLC... WTF?

Started by TheIntrepid, January 09, 2008, 05:05:32 PM

TheIntrepid

Leading model Eva Padberg and the new Mercedes sports coup? CLC share top billing in the key visual for the second Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin, which takes place from January 27 - 31, 2008. The new CLC will be unveiled to the public for the first time at the fashion event.

The purpose of the key visual is twofold: It will be used as a motif on adverts, posters and event materials promoting the Berlin event, and at the same time will generate interest and a sense of anticipation in advance of the world premiere of the new CLC, because the photo reveals only part of the sport coup?. Most of the body is hidden by the vivid yellow fabric of the evening gown worn by Eva Padberg. The CLC will then be revealed in all its beauty on January 27, 2008 at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin 2008.

"The choice of Eva Padberg as our brand ambassador lends a fascinating face to our long-standing commitment to fashion," says Dr. Olaf G?ttgens, Vice President Brand Communications Mercedes-Benz Cars. "Like Berlin, she epitomises a young, modern lifestyle. That's why we are introducing our new sports coup? here, at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin, and are presenting the CLC and Eva Padberg together in the key visual."

Eva Padberg has been representing Mercedes-Benz as a brand ambassador at international fashion and lifestyle events since May 2007. Her encounter with the new CLC was captured on film by the renowned German fashion photographer Ellen von Unwerth, whose photos encapsulate perfectly the relationship between fashion and Mercedes design - both worlds in which innovation and perfection, coupled with elegance and style, are critical success factors.

Elegance, style and lifestyle: in the automotive world, the name Mercedes-Benz epitomises these values. The commitment to fashion is therefore a logical development of the Stuttgart motor manufacturer's traditional image and claim.

Just like fashion, the car is now an expression of personal lifestyle. This is particularly true of the highly individual and exclusive species of the coup?.

New Mercedes sports coup? is the attractive "youngster" of the coup? family

The new CLC, available from spring 2008, is an attractive and affordable entry into the Mercedes-Benz coup? family. The design, technology and equipment of the sports coup? meet the desire of young people for a car that is fun to drive and has a high lifestyle value, yet which also offers typical Mercedes standards of quality in respect of safety, comfort, environmental compatibility and functionality. 1,100 components have been either developed for the new sports coup? or refined from the previous model. The technical highlights of the CLC include new direct steering for even more nimble handling of bends, modern infotainment systems with colour display, Europe-wide DVD or hard-drive navigation with multimedia interface and a more powerful four-cylinder engine with 135kW / 184 bhp. Fuel consumption is up to 10.8 per cent better than in the predecessor model.

The key visual was shot in a studio near Barcelona, and features a black CLC with sports package picked out in a headlight beam. The coup? contains further exclusive technical innovations and extra fittings such as 18" light alloy rims, wide base tyres, headlights with black painted inner frames, sports suspension with lowered bodywork and chrome trim.

Top fashion designers present their collections

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin 2008 takes place from January 27 - 31, 2008 at Postbahnhof, the city's former mail train station. Leading international fashion designers will be presenting their latest collections, including the following brands: 30paarhaende, Heiress, Hugo, Intuitive, Joop!, Macqua, Michalsky, Marcel Ostertag, Sinemus, Stefan Eckert, Strenesse, Suzana Peric, Unrath & Strano, Sisi Wasabi and Zac Posen.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Tave

Will a bottle of free CLC be included with every purchase?

:lol: :partyon:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

LonghornTX

I hope it is better than the last one, else it will have a hard time competing with the 1-series IMO.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Raza

Hmm...from what I can see, I like it.  I'd buy one.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

Wait, this is the new Sports Coupe?  Does it come with the anorexic model?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

cawimmer430

It's basically a CL203 (W203 C-Class Sportcoupe) with a revised front. The rear is pretty much the same as the original one and the interior remains unchanged as the original Sportcoupe. Base engine will probably be the C180 Kompressor (I don't think they'll sell a C160 anymore). The reason for this is costs, and because this car was quite popular with "beginner MB buyers", so they're basically keeping it in the range for the sole reason of generating sales.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Submariner

My only problem with the old C-coupe was the shoddy interior quality.  Everything else about it was quite nice.  The new car should address it's only major problem.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on January 10, 2008, 11:15:11 AM
My only problem with the old C-coupe was the shoddy interior quality.  Everything else about it was quite nice.  The new car should address it's only major problem.

The facelift took care of that. The interior became really nice after that. Not class-leading, but well built and a nice place to be in.
  :ohyeah:

And with the proper rims and body color, the Sportcoupe looked pretty hot.  :ohyeah:

^Such a retarded picture with the jogger!^  :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Tave

Quote from: 93JC on January 09, 2008, 05:16:36 PM
:nono:

You think I drink the Lord because I think it's good whiskey?

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

:lol: In related news, I can't even see the frickin car because that big-haired hose-beast is in the way.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Tave on January 10, 2008, 11:31:29 AM
In related news, I can't even see the frickin car because that big-haired hose-beast is in the way.

:ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Spy shots we have on GermanCarZone. As you can see, CL230 body, W204 front.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Tave

Submariner

cawimmer430

Quote from: Tave on January 10, 2008, 11:40:32 AM
Is that a panoramic roof?

Yep.  :ohyeah:

It's going to be an option again.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on January 10, 2008, 11:43:29 AM
why the old interior.

Beats me. I doubt this thing will be sold in the US though. Here in Europe the facelifted interior was well received and praised, so I don't think people will be complaining about overall interior quality.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

sportyaccordy

They should just make a true C-class coupe. Wait...

Catman

Raghavan

The white car that Wimmer posted (don't want to quote b/c it's too big) looks awesome. They even closed the hood! :lol:

omicron

Finally! A C-class with the bonnet closed, and without the droopy rear. The best-looking of all C variants.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

nickdrinkwater

Vinsanity

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 11, 2008, 05:02:16 AM
Lexus sucks! :devil:

that was unnecessarily random :rolleyes:

anyways, here's what I was hoping for...

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Vinsanity on January 12, 2008, 01:03:28 PM
that was unnecessarily random :rolleyes:

anyways, here's what I was hoping for...

That looks like absolute ass.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 93JC on January 10, 2008, 06:44:10 PM
Johnnie Walker isn't Canadian, you fool!

Hiram Walker then...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CWW

Raza

I wonder if I can afford this car....
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.