Van Repairs

Started by AutobahnSHO, January 11, 2008, 11:13:58 AM

VTEC_Inside

Quote from: AutobahnSHOsWife on January 14, 2008, 05:14:10 PM
So, I picked up the van tonight. 

They did knock $300 off the price they quoted, so we paid about $2600 for the repairs.

BUT they lost both of our carseat locking clips (don't know why they were messing with the back seat seatbelts...), the brake pedal is way worse than before (I now have to stomp it all the way to the floor to stop) and the brake lights are now stuck on. 

So, the van is sitting in the garage with the battery unplugged so it doesn't die overnight, and I get to take it back in first thing tomorrow.   :cry:

Time to bring it back and demand free rental car again until they fix the damn thing.

That pisses me off, they see the car seats, they know that kids ride in there and they send the car out with questionable braking?

Personally wouldn't even give them a chance to explain, I'd be on the phone with the dealer manager, dodge corporate, the BBB, etc... They'd have to kiss some serious ass at this point to make up for it.
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

AutobahnSHOsWife

Oh, and it was the brake booster, not the cylinder that they fixed.

3.0L V6

Don't drive with the brake light on. Have it towed. For your sake.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 14, 2008, 12:38:09 PM
Is this the '93 or the '99?
The '99 white Grand Caravan SPORT.  :-)

(Can you guys see the sig pic anymore? I can't..)
Will

AutobahnSHO

I wrote a semi-nasty email but I can only find an email address for the sales dept.  I'll wait until Mrs SHO takes it in and see what happens.

I will probably write a letter to Dodge though- this is absolutely unacceptable.  And only the 3rd time I've dealt with this dealer.
(#1 was great for a recall even though I didn't buy it from them, #2 (April 07) they missed the brake problem although all I took it in for was a thorough inspection to make sure it was good before I left for a year..)
Will

AutobahnSHOsWife

The manager was very nice.  They fixed the brake light problem in 20 minutes, told me to bring them the receipt from buying new locking clips for the seat belts (after seeing if they had any on hand), and he took our two toddlers into the showroom and let them climb inside the Viper that was being displayed.  So, I won't complain too much.

Also, they told me the brake pedal will get better and better the more I drive it, and so far they're correct.  Just in driving it 10 miles to the dealership this morning it was 100% better than it was last night. 

3.0L V6

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 14, 2008, 10:25:43 PM
The '99 white Grand Caravan SPORT.  :-)

(Can you guys see the sig pic anymore? I can't..)

Nope. Can't see the sig pic

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: AutobahnSHOsWife on January 15, 2008, 09:57:25 AM
and he took our two toddlers into the showroom and let them climb inside the Viper that was being displayed.   

:AHEM:

Pics?

:lol:
Will