New 3er Continues BMW Tradition

Started by TurboDan, July 08, 2005, 02:00:16 PM

TurboDan

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

I think the article would make more sense if a lot of people were questioning the E90's traditional background, but that isn't the case.

BMWDave

QuoteI think the article would make more sense if a lot of people were questioning the E90's traditional background, but that isn't the case.
I wasnt necessarily saying that people were questioning it....it was just intended to explain the background and the formula of the BMW 3er, and why its so successful.  

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Makes sense I suppose. Though, to be completely honest, the success of the 3-series probably has more to do with the BMW badge than with the way it drives or looks.  

BMWDave

QuoteMakes sense I suppose. Though, to be completely honest, the success of the 3-series probably has more to do with the BMW badge than with the way it drives or looks.
That wasnt the way early on in the models history, when BMW was a struggling brand trying to make it in the US.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteMakes sense I suppose. Though, to be completely honest, the success of the 3-series probably has more to do with the BMW badge than with the way it drives or looks.
That wasnt the way early on in the models history, when BMW was a struggling brand trying to make it in the US.
I suppose not, but it is the case now. The reality of it is that it really didn't matter how the E90 drove or looked, it would still be a sales success, the mags just wouldn't have good things to say.

BMWDave

I suppose not, but it is the case now. The reality of it is that it really didn't matter how the E90 drove or looked, it would still be a sales success, the mags just wouldn't have good things to say.
Even if it is the case now, there is now doubt that its every bit as good a car as its made out to be.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Even if it is the case now, there is now doubt that its every bit as good a car as its made out to be.
Actually, I personally think that the mags probably do tend to exaggerate the 3-series' qualities a bit, but there is still no doubt it is a great car.