$54K & change will buy you...

Started by 850CSi, January 13, 2008, 09:53:13 PM

LonghornTX

Quote from: Minpin on January 14, 2008, 09:29:10 PM
That BMW drivers don't act different than other people, since you apparently used to own one.
I still DO own one.  And no, I do not think BMW drivers act any different than the typical luxory/sport sedan buyer.  In my experience, having worked at both BMW and Infiniti dealerships, neither group seemed to be any better or worse than the other. 

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

nickdrinkwater

You guys are still waiting for the M3?

Champ

Anyone see the pics of the boat that crashed with a bunch of the new M3's on it?

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Champ on January 15, 2008, 09:51:41 AM
Anyone see the pics of the boat that crashed with a bunch of the new M3's on it?

Thats strange.

First there was a boat with Mazda 3's now a boat with M3's.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Lebowski

Damn, if I was in the market for a car right now the sedan would be up there ...

I wonder how much it is decently equipped, or is the base M3 well equipped? 

Raza

Quote from: LonghornTX on January 14, 2008, 09:29:00 PM
I wanted to make sure I didn't leave anything out.  Shame on me.

Yeah, but it's kind of like saying "the reason people stop living is because they die."  Duh.

:lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on January 15, 2008, 12:00:13 PM
Damn, if I was in the market for a car right now the sedan would be up there ...

I wonder how much it is decently equipped, or is the base M3 well equipped? 

The last M3 started at 45K and leather was a $1500 option.  So, it's possible that you might get leather standard with the 9K increase in price.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

r0tor

alot cheaper then i thought it would be... not a bad deal at all
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raza  on January 15, 2008, 04:05:55 PM
Yeah, but it's kind of like saying "the reason people stop living is because they die."  Duh.

:lol:
Haha, well the whole point of my statement was to illustrate that the  stereotype was based on people's personal feelings and not some widespread phenomenon.

Raza

Quote from: LonghornTX on January 16, 2008, 12:00:57 AM
Haha, well the whole point of my statement was to illustrate that the  stereotype was based on people's personal feelings and not some widespread phenomenon.

I think it is fairly widespread, honestly.  Even a friend of mine mentioned on how he was treated differently at work after he bought his E36 back in the mid 90s, and that was not in my area; northern midwest, I believe.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Crosswire3

Prick reporting for duty!

...Anyways, the price point for the new ///M is wonderfully fair.  As long as they keep offering good old fashioned manuals, they'll keep a place in my heart.  :ohyeah:

To be honest, at first I didn't like the E90/92, but as time passes you come to realize they know what they're doing.  You may not like the car when it comes out, but over time it grows on you.

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raza  on January 16, 2008, 02:05:15 PM
I think it is fairly widespread, honestly.  Even a friend of mine mentioned on how he was treated differently at work after he bought his E36 back in the mid 90s, and that was not in my area; northern midwest, I believe.
People up north just seem to be more likely to be pretentious pricks anyways, haha  :tounge:.

In the south they are considered the same as any other luxory sport sedan.