$54K & change will buy you...

Started by 850CSi, January 13, 2008, 09:53:13 PM

850CSi

TheIntrepid

HOLY FUCK ON A STICK!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I will buy this car. One day. I will fucking buy this car.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

the Teuton

That's a surprisingly decent value.  The E36 started at $42k in 1998ish.  What did the E46 start at?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

850CSi

Quote from: the Teuton on January 13, 2008, 10:00:16 PM
That's a surprisingly decent value.  The E36 started at $42k in 1998ish.  What did the E46 start at?

Memory says it was 48ish, so the coupe is almost $10K more expensive. Not THAT bad but I was hoping for better.

850CSi

All I know is that I'm going to find an Automatic one, steal it, swap my engine into it and its engine into mine, and return it. Someone driving an auto M3 probably wouldn't notice.

omicron

Australian pricing announced for the Coupe, too!

AU$157,000 / US$140,569. Yay!

850CSi

Quote from: omicron on January 13, 2008, 10:06:23 PM

If I ever move to Oz I'll make sure to bring the vaseline with.

SVT_Power

Quote from: omicron on January 13, 2008, 10:06:23 PM

Wow. You guys getting ripped off or what? :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

TheIntrepid

Vinsanity

LonghornTX

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

sandertheshark

Those taillights work so much better in M3 form.

Raza

That's a good angle for it.  But, there will be something that people will complain about; no carbon fiber roof on the sedan, but there will be a sunroof available.  This thing looks so much better than the coupe; the .01" upward movement of the center of gravity be damned. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

I wonder if they're still going to have a convertible version this time.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Vinsanity on January 14, 2008, 06:29:13 PM

They damn well better

LonghornTX

Yea, it is already in the pipeline.  Hardtop convertible that will debut BMW's new 7 speed dual clutch transmission.

850CSi

(Leaked picture)

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107069

I'd expect it to be a little over $60K.

I'm not the biggest fan of the E93, I've always thought that if you're going to do a hardtop convertible, it should be made so that the proportions are as perfect as if the car was a coupe (for example, I think the SL does this well). I loved the old M3 vert, this one not so much.

Minpin

It's nice, but it is still a BMW. Id hate to be seen driving a BMW with the stigma society has attached on to them. No matter what way you cut the cake, there is a definite prick/asshole stigma with BMW drivers.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Minpin

Quote from: 850CSi on January 14, 2008, 08:25:21 PM

I'm not the biggest fan of the E93, I've always thought that if you're going to do a hardtop convertible, it should be made so that the proportions are as perfect as if the car was a coupe (for example, I think the SL does this well). I loved the old M3 vert, this one not so much.

I've always felt that cars that only come as convertibles (MX-5,s2k) look fantastic but cars that have other forms (BMW 3, corvette) look downright awful.

LonghornTX

Quote from: Minpin on January 14, 2008, 08:28:04 PM
It's nice, but it is still a BMW. Id hate to be seen driving a BMW with the stigma society has attached on to them. No matter what way you cut the cake, there is a definite prick/asshole stigma with BMW drivers.
I have driven a BMW for a great part of my driving career and have yet to experience a negative reaction. 

Maybe the stigma is in the minds of those who hold it?

Minpin

From personal experience at work where very nice cars are the norm, BMW drivers are always more assholish than the others. Everyone at work agrees with this and every single one of my friends feels the same way. Maybe its different parts of the country but where im at it is indeed true.

LonghornTX

Quote from: Minpin on January 14, 2008, 08:33:08 PM
From personal experience at work where very nice cars are the norm, BMW drivers are always more assholish than the others. Everyone at work agrees with this and every single one of my friends feels the same way. Maybe its different parts of the country but where im at it is indeed true.
Maybe it is just your work?

Who knows, but I am a firm believer that stereotypes like these usually stem from jealousy, a holier than thou attitude, or one's own prejudices.

Minpin

Quote from: LonghornTX on January 14, 2008, 08:36:37 PM

Who knows, but I am a firm believer that stereotypes like these usually stem from jealousy, a holier than thou attitude, or one's own prejudices.

Or maybe your in denial?

Raza

Quote from: LonghornTX on January 14, 2008, 08:36:37 PM

Well, when you offer that many reasons, then you're probably going to cover it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

That's fucking cheap man, especially with the dollar being what it is, that's like less than a brand new Renault Clio

LonghornTX

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raza  on January 14, 2008, 08:39:43 PM
Well, when you offer that many reasons, then you're probably going to cover it.
I wanted to make sure I didn't leave anything out.  Shame on me.

Minpin

Quote from: LonghornTX on January 14, 2008, 09:27:18 PM
Of what?

That BMW drivers don't act different than other people, since you apparently used to own one.

JYODER240

I've never noticed BMW owners to have more of an eliteist attitude than the average Lexus/MB/Audi/etc owner.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

BimmerM3

That's a really good price actually, especially for the sedan. This things are going to sell like hotcakes.