SVT666

2008 AWARDS:  Best Sports/GT Car Under $50K

SVT666

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on January 14, 2008, 12:35:32 PM
Lotus Elise, by far.

For sports, yes. For GT, no. Same for the MX-5, Solsitce/Sky adn S2000. In the spririt of a combined Sports/GT category, I have to vote Corvette.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

sandertheshark

The Corvette will always be the best sports car for under $50k.

JYODER240

Elise, I've yet to be that impressed with Corvettes. They put up big numbers but i've never found them that special to drive. I still need to drive an Elise but i'd take my chances choosing one over a vette.

"Let?s get one thing clear right away: The Lotus Elise isn?t for everyone. It?s not for those who need an everyday commuter car, nor is it for you poor devils with hereditary back problems or bigger-than-average frames. And it?s definitely not for people who consider driving a chore, equating it with doing the dishes or walking the dog. But for everyone else, this little 2-seater is about the closest thing there is to nirvana on four wheels."(Road & Track 3/05)

Sounds like the perfect sports car to me.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

CMan

Tough call between the 'Vette and the Elise, but I had to go with the 'Vette. It can actually be a comfortable driver, and then go tear up the track.
Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

2o6

SJ_GTI

I chose the sky/solstice based mainly on the availability of the 2.0T ecotec. Yes, I would probably take a Solstice GXP over a Corvette if someone was giving them to me at no cost to myself.