2008 AWARDS: Best Luxury Car

Started by SVT666, January 14, 2008, 11:28:49 AM

2008 AWARDS:  Best Luxury Car (hatch, sedan, liftback, wagon)

Cadillac CTS
10 (35.7%)
BMW 335i
8 (28.6%)
BMW 7 Series
2 (7.1%)
Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
2 (7.1%)
BMW 5 Series
1 (3.6%)
Audi A8
3 (10.7%)
Mercedes-Benz E350
2 (7.1%)
Audi A6
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 28

SVT666

2008 AWARDS:  Best Luxury Car (hatch, sedan, liftback, wagon)

SVT666

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

I dont' see the 335i as a luxury car. I vote for the 5-series.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

2o6

sandertheshark

I test-drove a CTS with my dad last week and we were both extremely impressed.  I believe it is the closest thing to a perfect union of sport, luxury and affordability ever produced.

SVT666

Quote from: sandertheshark on January 14, 2008, 06:14:13 PM
I test-drove a CTS with my dad last week and we were both extremely impressed.  I believe it is the closest thing to a perfect union of sport, luxury and affordability ever produced.
Cool.

CMan

CTS. It raised the bar for compact sport sedans IMO.
Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CMan on January 14, 2008, 08:35:24 PM
CTS. It raised the bar for compact sport sedans IMO.

And therefore, it should be voted "Best Luxury Car"  :nutty:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Byteme

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 14, 2008, 11:28:49 AM
2008 AWARDS:  Best Luxury Car (hatch, sedan, liftback, wagon)

Where is Lincoln, Jaguar, Citreon, just to name a few?

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SVT666

Quote from: Byteme on January 15, 2008, 11:00:13 AM
Where is Lincoln, Jaguar, Citreon, just to name a few?
Lincoln  :nutty:
Jaguar - Nobody nominated it.
Citroen - Not sold here.

There was a 1 week nomination period.  If they weren't nominated, they weren't included.

nickdrinkwater

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

the Teuton

I voted A8.  The 335i, while it is rolling God, just isn't luxurious enough to consider it a luxury car in the traditional sense.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on January 17, 2008, 11:50:42 AM
I voted A8.  The 335i, while it is rolling God, just isn't luxurious enough to consider it a luxury car in the traditional sense.
Maybe my standards for a luxury car are lower then others, but the 335i is a luxury car.  I mean shit, the car even has arms that pick up the seatbelt and hand it to you before retracting into the side panel.  It's a small luxury car, but it's still a luxury car.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 17, 2008, 12:10:52 PM
Maybe my standards for a luxury car are lower then others, but the 335i is a luxury car.  I mean shit, the car even has arms that pick up the seatbelt and hand it to you before retracting into the side panel.  It's a small luxury car, but it's still a luxury car.

That's not exactly a new technology.  The W140 coupes had that, and that's over a decade ago.

At the very least, the materials used in the 3 series are not what I'd call "luxury"; it's a small sport luxury car, and that creates compromises.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=12902.msg707491#msg707491 date=1200598581
That's not exactly a new technology.  The W140 coupes had that, and that's over a decade ago.
Who cares about whether it's new or not.  Fact is, non-luxury cars don't come with it.

QuoteAt the very least, the materials used in the 3 series are not what I'd call "luxury"; it's a small sport luxury car, and that creates compromises.
I don't know.  The leather is as supple as any leather I've ever had the pleasure of planting my ass on, the dash materials are all top notch, the carpeting is plush, etc.  There are varying degrees of luxury I guess, but the 335i is every bit a luxury sports sedan or coupe.

Raza

Personally, I don't consider the 3 series, C class, or even the A4 (though this borders) luxury cars.  They're more "near" or "entry" level luxury.  I'm even on the fence about midline cars that "luxury" makers sell, but I'd say that E/5/A6 models are the beginning of what I consider luxury.  So, even the car I voted for, the C63, I don't consider a luxury car, but it's the one I like best.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

goldenlover1101

CTS...I love the new one! 335 a close close second!

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

Middle_Path

Quote from: NACar on January 15, 2008, 06:29:25 AM
And therefore, it should be voted "Best Luxury Car"  :nutty:

One other sane human being. Thank you NAcar. 8 votes for the CTS and the 335i. That's just insanity when comparing them to a C63 or an A8. It's just not even close to being in the same league of luxury. After all, you are voting for THE best luxury car. Humanity is depressing. Honestly, vote as if you were to be the owner of one of those cars on this list. If you'd take a CTS or 335 over any one of those other cars, you are certifiably nuts.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

Raza

I'm kind of surprised that the S class didn't come up during the nomination process.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

Quote from: Middle_Path on January 19, 2008, 01:18:41 AM
One other sane human being. Thank you NAcar. 8 votes for the CTS and the 335i. That's just insanity when comparing them to a C63 or an A8. It's just not even close to being in the same league of luxury. After all, you are voting for THE best luxury car. Humanity is depressing. Honestly, vote as if you were to be the owner of one of those cars on this list. If you'd take a CTS or 335 over any one of those other cars, you are certifiably nuts.

How is the BMW 3-Series any less luxurious than the Mercedes C-Class? :nutty:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

TBR

No kidding. Besides, the point of these polls isn't what car costs the most, or even which one is the most luxurious, rather it is what car you actually want to buy. Of the cars listed, I'd have a hard time deciding between an E-class and the CTS, the others wouldn't even be in the running. They're too big, too ostentatious, too impractical, or too soft.

Middle_Path

Quote from: Tave on January 19, 2008, 03:19:07 PM
How is the BMW 3-Series any less luxurious than the Mercedes C-Class? :nutty:

They are not, I guess you completely missed the point. A 3-series or C-Class sucks in terms of luxury compared to something like an A8. The question asked is what is the best luxury car? Obviously entry level luxury cars will NEVER compare to top tier luxury cars. That's the point. A 3-series will always, and I mean ALWAYS lose, to an S-Class/A8/7-series. If you could have any one of these cars for free, which would you take? It's that damn simple. You take the 335i then you should be thrown in a gas chamber.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

Tave

Quote from: Middle_Path on January 20, 2008, 02:20:30 AM
They are not, I guess you completely missed the point. A 3-series or C-Class sucks in terms of luxury compared to something like an A8.

I guess you don't even realize what you typed.

Quote from: Middle_Path on January 19, 2008, 01:18:41 AM

Maybe you meant something different, but you said the C-Class (C63) is luxury, and the 3-Series isn't.

rohan

Give me a 7 series with a v12 please.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide