VE Sportwagon range announced.

Started by omicron, January 21, 2008, 08:01:52 AM

omicron

Holden will introduce the VE Sportwagon in its production form at the Melbourne Motor Show, from February 29.

Steering clear of the Commodore name, Holden is identifying the wagon model by the name Sportwagon. As with the Ute, it will probably be addressed generically by the public as the Commodore wagon.

Holden will mirror the Commodore's model mix in the Sportwagon range. That makes seven variants of the new model, versus three variants for the VZ generation of wagon. Some of those have already been spotted out in the wild (more here).

The on-sale date for the new car will fall sometime within the first half of this year. As yet, Holden has not advised the pricing structure for the Sportwagon.

That hasn't stopped Holden from making it public that all variants of the Sportwagon will feature standard park distance sensors and D-pillar tracks to accommodate the adjustable cargo cover.

The models to go on sale will be:

Omega Alloytec V6 with 4 speed automatic transmission,
Berlina Alloytec V6 with 4 speed automatic transmission,
SV6 High Output Alloytec V6 with 5 speed automatic transmission,
SS Gen 4 V8 with 6 speed manual transmission,
SS Gen 4 V8 with 6 speed automatic transmission,
SS V-Series Gen 4 V8 with 6 speed manual transmission,
SS V-Series Gen 4 V8 with 6 speed automatic transmission,
Calais High Output Alloytec V6 with 5 speed automatic transmission,
Calais V-Series High Output Alloytec V6 with 5 speed automatic transmission,
Calais V-Series Gen 4 V8 with 6 speed automatic transmission.

Alloytec V6 = High-Feature 3.6 V6
Generation 4 V8 = L98 6.0 V8

Philip Brook, Holden's Director of Marketing, said: "This exciting vehicle will appeal to a whole new generation of private and user-chooser customers, while remaining a fleet favourite."

The news follows recent reports that GM is no longer considering the VE Sportwagon as a complementary part of the Pontiac G8 range.

http://carpoint.com.au/car-review/2882513.aspx

Raza

Quote from: 93JC on January 21, 2008, 12:25:48 PM
I want... :(

Me too, especially the SS V-Series Gen 4 V8 with 6 speed manual transmission.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

omicron

Quote from: 93JC on January 21, 2008, 12:25:48 PM
I want... :(

Quote from: Raza  on January 21, 2008, 01:43:09 PM
Me too, especially the SS V-Series Gen 4 V8 with 6 speed manual transmission.

NO. None for you, Higgins! You've had yours! This is Tom Selleck's SS V-Series Gen 4 V8 with 6 speed manual transmission.