Product Placement

Started by 2o6, January 21, 2008, 07:36:41 PM

Raza

Quote from: Tave on January 28, 2008, 05:14:31 PM
What is a vladi base vodka?

A mass Vladimir-based cocktail...Vladi is short for Vladimir.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

Ah....Vladimir doesn't live out here, so I'm not used to making words out of his name. I see what you're saying now.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on January 28, 2008, 05:17:35 PM
Ah....Vladimir doesn't live out here, so I'm not used to making words out of his name. I see what you're saying now.

Do you have Banker's Club?

Vladi costs $1 more.  $11 or so for 1.75L bottles.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=13019.msg719197#msg719197 date=1201566094

We have Potter's and Popov. Probably some other stuff too: it's been awhile since I've bought bottom-barrel vodka.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

omicron

Quote from: Raza  on January 28, 2008, 05:21:34 PM

$11 for 1.75 litres!

At the larger Australian discount alcohol retailers, Smirnoff sells for $26/750mL, and I refuse to spend any less than that on vodka - so frightful is its horrible taste, I fear for my life should any cheaper vodka be introduced to my palate.

Raza

All vodka is horrible anyway.  Either it's cheap and awful or expensive and it tastes of nothing.  I much prefer gin.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Byteme

Back on topic.  If you get a chance look at the old game shows, you can find reruns on Game Show Network.  The sponsor bought the whow and had their product logo displayed all over the set.  If it was cigarettes the panalists and host were usually puffing away.

Cut to the 50's and 60's.

The TV show Route 66, the Corvette's the real star of the show.  GM gave the production company cars to use.  Chevy was the show's primary sponsor.

Bewitched.  All you see is Chevys.  Chevrolet is the primary sponsor.

The FBI.  Filmed in Ford Land apparently.  At the end of the show there was a notice that the vehicles were provided by Ford Motor Company.

Those are just a few examples, it was common practice back then.