Pulled over for the first time...

Started by nickdrinkwater, February 02, 2008, 05:47:35 AM

nickdrinkwater

This happened a couple of weeks ago but thought I'd share anyway.

It was my fault, I was dropping somebody off and stopped on a zigzag line (just before a pedestrian crossing) with a police car right behind me.

He pipped his horn and gestured for me to move on, and I thought I'd got away with this.  But he continued to follow me around a couple of turnings, and then when we got onto a quieter road, the blue lights went on  :pullover:

I was of course very polite.  He asked me why I thought he had pulled me over (and I told him, it's not like a could deny it).  He asked me why, and I told him because I didn't want to brake too sharply to stop before the zigzag started...bad move, because he said that suggested I saw driving without due care and attention  :mask:

Anyway, he asked for my licence, and then he said he had also stopped me because the vehicle I was driving wasn't registered as insured to me (it was a company car).  He started asking if the vehicle was mine, who did it belong to, etc.  Probably wondering why a 20 year old dude would be driving a literally brand new, ?22,000 car.  Then he asked for proof that I had the right to drive the vehicle, proof I worked for Nissan and proof I was insured.  I didn't have any of that :lockedup:

Anyway, he radioed in to check my licence, which came out clean.  He then told me he wasn't going to fine me for stopping on a zigzag, wasn't going to fine me for driving without due care, and wasn't going to confiscate my vehicle for driving without being registered as insured on it/having no proof of ownership.  He told me I looked like one of the better standing members of society, and let me go with a lecture!

First time I've been pulled over, so it was kind of embarassing and worrying at the same time... :hammerhead:

dazzleman

You came out of in unscathed.  No worries, man.

Even if you got a ticket, you take care of it, and life goes on.  There's nothing to worry about until they break out the 'cuffs...
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!