Toyota FJ Cruiser

Started by R33 GT-R, July 11, 2005, 09:06:34 AM

R33 GT-R

It's probably been posted but my neighbor wants this when it goes into production.

What's the general concensus?
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

TBR

Looks tacky and cheap imho.  

R33 GT-R

I don't like the interior but I do like the exterior.  

ifcar

I'll wait and see what the production version actually looks like before I pass final judgement.

Secret Chimp

It definitely needs a normal over-the-fender rear door setup, but otherwise it's a Toyota with some desperately needed flava.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

BMWDave

QuoteI'll wait and see what the production version actually looks like before I pass final judgement.
The production vehicle will most certainly not have that interior, and will almost definitely have a very toned down exterior in comparison to the concept.  So I will await the final version to pass judgement of my own as well.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

thewizard16

It's interesting, and has a lot of potential if they make it as capable off-road as it should be, but I hope they make a decent interior. I really hate the concept interior.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

giant_mtb

I can gurantee the production will look nothing close to that...especially that ugly interior.

Colonel Cadillac

Reminds me of a beefed up "Toyota Element" with the four door thing. Looks...tougher? which I guess is better. I am not a fan, but I bet it will challenge Jeep and Hummer nicely.  

R33 GT-R

From the video he showed me he shot at it's debut the wheel and tire combo is huge.  His wife is with Toyota financial and they get new Yotas every 15k miles so he at least won't be paying for it.  He said he just wants it to play in since he has a company vehicle.  Get rid of the interior and the massive pillar and I really like it.  Add some Goodyear MT/Rs and it'll be ready to go.

MaxPower

when's it going to be available for purchase?  late 2005/early 2006?

ifcar

I believe it's slated to be an 07-model car, meaning it will probably be unveiled at LA and go on sale in fall 06. It could be sooner though.

ifcar

QuoteI believe it's slated to be an 07-model car, meaning it will probably be unveiled at LA and go on sale in fall 06. It could be sooner though.
According to Edmunds, it's coming in early 2006 CY as a 2007 model.

giant_mtb

I just noticed...that thing prolly has a helluva blind spot!  

R33 GT-R

That's why I said to kill that pillar and make it a window.