First Drive: 2006 Saab SportCombi

Started by BMWDave, July 12, 2005, 05:16:57 AM

ifcar

QuoteI hate those clear taillights with a passion. They ruin an otherwise perfect car. That and the stupid name (get over yourselves Saab: it's just a wagon).
The North American market will have red tail lights. The Saab USA web site has what they will look like.  :)
http://www.saabusa.com/saabjsp/935/index.jsp

Interesting. I prefer it to the all-clear lights, but now it looks a bit too much like a V50.  

BMWDave

QuoteI hate those clear taillights with a passion. They ruin an otherwise perfect car. That and the stupid name (get over yourselves Saab: it's just a wagon).
The North American market will have red tail lights. The Saab USA web site has what they will look like.  :)
http://www.saabusa.com/saabjsp/935/index.jsp

Interesting. I prefer it to the all-clear lights, but now it looks a bit too much like a V50.
It does look a lot like a V50, but its still undeniable handsome.  I like both types of taillights.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Yoshi

CosmicSAAB,

Here's a Q for you. I'm looking into options to replace my wife's leased Volvo wagon when it comes up at the end of the year. The SportCombi looks wondeful, but thus far I've been leaning toward a Certified 95 Aero wagon.

Any thoughts? Pricing-wise the 95 is clearly a bargain wih 2002 going for 50% of what they cost new, but do you think that the SportCombi will offer enough advantages (though it is smaller) that it would be better to hold out?

I've got very little experience with Saabs.

Thanks

cozmik

QuoteCosmicSAAB,

Here's a Q for you. I'm looking into options to replace my wife's leased Volvo wagon when it comes up at the end of the year. The SportCombi looks wondeful, but thus far I've been leaning toward a Certified 95 Aero wagon.

Any thoughts? Pricing-wise the 95 is clearly a bargain wih 2002 going for 50% of what they cost new, but do you think that the SportCombi will offer enough advantages (though it is smaller) that it would be better to hold out?

I've got very little experience with Saabs.

Thanks
I have driven the 9-5 (including a wagon as a loaner once) and the 9-5 is a very nice car, and the Aero is quick. The main advantages you would get with a new SC would be better handling (which the 9-5 hardly lacks) and the ability to pick which options you would want. I can't say anything about reliability since the 9-3 is still new and all the reliability stats are from the first model years, which generally problematic, but have been especially rough for the 9-3. The 9-5 has generally been very reliable though. Either way it would be a good choice. You might also look into a new 9-5 as well, there are big rebates on them right now. It is possible it wouldn't be much more to get a new 9-5 Aero than it would a new SportCombi.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

TBR

J86's family has a '99-'00 9-5 Wagon, you might want to ask him about it if you ever catch him on.  

Raza

QuoteI don't think that metal or plastic metal-look trim is a good material for a steering wheel grip either.
Nope...you need good ol leather on the whole deal :praise:
i'd like the metal over the hwole leather...
Try gripping a metal steering wheel with sweaty palms.
If you live anywhere with hot summers, gripping anything metal becomes a war--it's terrible.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteI don't think that metal or plastic metal-look trim is a good material for a steering wheel grip either.
If you live anywhere with hot summers, gripping anything metal becomes a war--it's terrible.
Yup, it gets extremely hot and uncomfortable.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

Yup, it gets extremely hot and uncomfortable.
well, i don't live anywhere too hot, so it's ok.