Pet peaves on the road

Started by rohan, February 23, 2008, 10:59:02 PM

TheIntrepid

My mom was complaining that someone followed her home. Now I know who to beat down :heated:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

VTEC_Inside

Lol... I'm pretty sure I could take you down... We're both toothpicks but I don't have a heart condition :P
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

Cookie Monster

Quote from: VTEC_Inside on February 26, 2008, 10:27:50 PM
Lol... I'm pretty sure I could take you down... We're both toothpicks but I don't have a heart condition :P

Trep also apparently has a 24 mm dick. :pullover: :lol:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: thecarnut on February 26, 2008, 10:32:52 PM
Trep also apparently has a 24 mm dick. :pullover: :lol:

wat

he told me it was 27mm  :rage:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

VTEC_Inside

Quote from: NACar on February 26, 2008, 10:38:07 PM
wat

he told me it was 27mm  :rage:

Maybe its 24 flacid, and 27 errect?  :huh:

Of larger concern is why you would care that much...  :confused:
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

Eye of the Tiger

Cookie Monster

Quote from: VTEC_Inside on February 26, 2008, 10:40:49 PM
Maybe its 24 flacid, and 27 errect?  :huh:

Of larger concern is why you would care that much...  :confused:
LOL!!!
:wtf: :lol:
RWD > FWD
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

L. ed foote

people who double park when there's a parking space available annoy me.
Member, Self Preservation Society

Eye of the Tiger

Vinsanity

Quote from: Catman on February 24, 2008, 01:15:11 PM
People who enter the highway at 30mph. :rolleyes:

This morning, I got stuck behind a 1968 Dodge Charger doing exactly that. What a fucking shame. If I'm going to either spend a buttload of money to buy a classic muscle car or a buttload of time and effor to restore one, I would at least get some use out of it :rage:

Vinsanity

Another major pet peeve I have is when dicks in their stupid lifted small-pen15 mobiles block the right-hand edge of an intersection so that cars behind it can't turn right :rage:

Raza

Quote from: L. ed foote on February 27, 2008, 08:40:34 AM
people who double park when there's a parking space available annoy me.

Talk about geographical differences.  I've never seen a car double parked in real life!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

NomisR

Lane Campers are my #1 pet peeve, and then there's the people who changes lane to the left for no reason even though they're perfectly fine where they were originally.

Then there's the one's who changes lanes with no regards to how fast the other lanes are going, and also people who changes lanes without signalling.

And then there's the ones who brakes for anything and everything instead of simply letting them damn feet off of the gas pedal and it'll slow down.  And that goes for the assholes who drives like they have their left foot on the brake pedal.

And then on local streets, you have assholes that passes on the right when there's no fuckin' lane at all and are looking to run over some bicycles.  And then there's people that comes to an almost complete stop when making a right turn, FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE GOD DAMN LANE WHEN IT'S AT LEAST 2 LANES WIDE!!!  WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! YOU'RE HOLDINIG UP TRAFFIC!!!!!!

Same for those that STOPs at a Yield sign at a traffic circle, that's EMPTY!!!  WTF!!

I have more but that's it for now

J86

Quote from: Raza  on February 27, 2008, 02:54:41 PM
Talk about geographical differences.  I've never seen a car double parked in real life!

kids dont do this on your campus? Just driving around my campus, youd assume you could park anywhere you please so long as you hit the hazards.

NomisR

Quote from: Catman on February 24, 2008, 01:15:11 PM
People who enter the highway at 30mph. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, how can I forget about this one!!

NomisR

Oh yeah, people who has misaligned headlights and blinds on coming traffic or people with 50 billion driving lights, especially lifted trucks with all their driving lights on blinding everyone.  Assholes!!

Raza

Quote from: J86 on February 28, 2008, 12:30:32 PM
kids dont do this on your campus? Just driving around my campus, youd assume you could park anywhere you please so long as you hit the hazards.

There's no parking on my campus, other than garages and a few lots.  Student parking is all off campus, I think. 

Like I said, I've never seen a car double parked.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AKL

Quote from: Raza  on March 01, 2008, 11:14:26 PM
There's no parking on my campus, other than garages and a few lots.  Student parking is all off campus, I think. 

Damn! Wish I've never seen a car double park. I see it done more often during the winter time with snowbanks taking spots.

Another annoyance when parking is when people park way too close to your car. I mean, is it really that hard to adjust! I hate coming back to see I have to squeeze to get into my car.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

rohan

Quote from: NomisR on February 28, 2008, 12:45:51 PM
Oh yeah, people who has misaligned headlights and blinds on coming traffic or people with 50 billion driving lights, especially lifted trucks with all their driving lights on blinding everyone.  Assholes!!
Here you can only have two auxilary lights and it's a moving violation.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

L. ed foote

Quote from: Raza  on March 01, 2008, 11:14:26 PM

You need to move out of the sticks.. :lol:
Member, Self Preservation Society

Northlands

Quote from: thecarnut on February 23, 2008, 11:14:38 PM
If I come up on someone who's going slowly in the middle lane, and I go into the left lane to pass, and they speed way up so I can't pass and end up having to accelerate to at least 80 mph to pass them at get back over into the middle lane.

I hate those people. It happened to me yesterday. Some lady in a Lexus GS400 was going 55 mph in a 65 mph zone and I came up on her doing 70 so when I pass her she automatically speeds up to 75 mph, forcing me to floor it and get up over 80 mph and pass her, and then she automatically drops back to 55 mph after I squeeze in front of her.

Those people give me road rage. :rage:

These people I believe are a bit dangerous. Making a conscious decision to impede another's progress. I find this happens a lot on two lane highways. They'd be going along their merry way and I'd end up catching up to one of these drivers.. then attempt to pass. Then all of a sudden these lunatics are matching your speed during your pass. Two ways have this nasty habit of having ONCOMING TRAFFIC headed at you. These lunatics only seem to do this to ruin other people's day. I call them Unabomber drivers. People with serious chips on their shoulders for other people on the road that want to get past them while they're driving all alone and slowly.

I usually stay the hell away from them. I won't bother passing. I'm just waiting for the day when one of these twits sideswipes or shows me a weapon or something. Passing them or attempting to do so and having them act crazy just doesn't seem worth adding unwarranted stress to my day.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Northlands on March 02, 2008, 03:51:51 PM
These people I believe are a bit dangerous. Making a conscious decision to impede another's progress. I find this happens a lot on two lane highways. They'd be going along their merry way and I'd end up catching up to one of these drivers.. then attempt to pass. Then all of a sudden these lunatics are matching your speed during your pass. Two ways have this nasty habit of having ONCOMING TRAFFIC headed at you. These lunatics only seem to do this to ruin other people's day. I call them Unabomber drivers. People with serious chips on their shoulders for other people on the road that want to get past them while they're driving all alone and slowly.

I usually stay the hell away from them. I won't bother passing. I'm just waiting for the day when one of these twits sideswipes or shows me a weapon or something. Passing them or attempting to do so and having them act crazy just doesn't seem worth adding unwarranted stress to my day.
Luckily there was the left lane for me to use, not an oncoming lane. That would've been even worse.
However, the people in the left lane weren't even doing 80 mph so I was closing in on them fast.
RWD > FWD
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Northlands

Quote from: NomisR on February 28, 2008, 12:27:52 PM
Lane Campers are my #1 pet peeve, and then there's the people who changes lane to the left for no reason even though they're perfectly fine where they were originally.

Then there's the one's who changes lanes with no regards to how fast the other lanes are going, and also people who changes lanes without signalling.

And then there's the ones who brakes for anything and everything instead of simply letting them damn feet off of the gas pedal and it'll slow down.  And that goes for the assholes who drives like they have their left foot on the brake pedal.

And then on local streets, you have assholes that passes on the right when there's no fuckin' lane at all and are looking to run over some bicycles.  And then there's people that comes to an almost complete stop when making a right turn, FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE GOD DAMN LANE WHEN IT'S AT LEAST 2 LANES WIDE!!!  WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! YOU'RE HOLDINIG UP TRAFFIC!!!!!!

Same for those that STOPs at a Yield sign at a traffic circle, that's EMPTY!!!  WTF!!

I have more but that's it for now

Welcome to Canada. I think it's done pretty much everywhere in this country and no one ever mentions it... or gets visibly irritated by these kinds of actions. Grr.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Raza

Quote from: L. ed foote on March 02, 2008, 11:59:02 AM
You need to move out of the sticks.. :lol:

Suburbs, mate.  Parallel parking is a myth!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

saxonyron

Has anyone mentioned the boneheads who drive in a snowstorm, fog, or heavy rain with their lights off?  This pisses me off no end.  I'll flash my lights to them as a reminder, and inevitably they'll step on their brakes, as if I'm warning them of a radar trap...in a snow storm.  At least if they do that and don't figure out to turn on their lights instead, I can feel good because at least I pissed them off, wasted their time and confused them. 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Tave

On Saturday afternoon I was driving home from Winter Park, and I passed a lady on the highway who had two small dogs sitting in her lap, draped over her left arm, panting out the driver's window.

What a selfish prick! She can't break physical contact with her rat-dogs for more than 2 seconds, so she lets them sit on her lap WHILE SHE DRIVES? I wish a trooper would have saw her, pulled the car over, dragged the two dogs out by the scruff of their necks, and shot a bullet between each of their ugly pairs of eyes.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Tave on March 11, 2008, 10:38:38 PM
On Saturday afternoon I was driving home from Winter Park, and I passed a lady on the highway who had two small dogs sitting in her lap, draped over her left arm, panting out the driver's window.

What a selfish prick! She can't break physical contact with her rat-dogs for more than 2 seconds, so she lets them sit on her lap WHILE SHE DRIVES? I wish a trooper would have saw her, pulled the car over, dragged the two dogs out by the scruff of their necks, and shot a bullet between each of their ugly pairs of eyes.
You better watch what you say about those dogs! You'll be cellmates with Mike Vick.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

280Z Turbo

Errr...yeah...that hardly seems like an appropriate reaction.

James Young

Quote from: Tave on March 11, 2008, 10:38:38 PM

I have written here before about the TX DPS trooper who passed me and the lady in front of me with her dog in her lap with his paws up on the steering wheel to nab a speeder.  Curious priorities.
Freedom is dangerous.  You can either accept the risks that come with it or eventually lose it all step-by-step.  Each step will be justified by its proponents as a minor inconvenience that will help make us all "safer."  Personally, I'd rather have a slightly more dangerous world that respects freedom more. ? The Speed Criminal

Byteme

Quote from: James Young on March 12, 2008, 10:23:32 AM
I have written here before about the TX DPS trooper who passed me and the lady in front of me with her dog in her lap with his paws up on the steering wheel to nab a speeder.  Curious priorities.

The dog was probably not doing anything illegal.