Pet peaves on the road

Started by rohan, February 23, 2008, 10:59:02 PM

Tave

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on March 12, 2008, 07:05:17 AM
Errr...yeah...that hardly seems like an appropriate reaction.

Maybe it would force the idea into her skull that human lives are more important than canine lives. If a pound-puppy execution is what it would take for her to learn that lesson, then I say "fire away."

She's endangering the lives of every driver on the road while she holds those dogs in her lap. What if my car backfired while I passed her? Those dogs could have freaked-out and caused her to lose control of her car. We were driving through a town, so she could have easily run-over a pedestrian.

If she can't act responsibly with them, then she has no buisness owning the animals. And after a certain point, it's kinder to shoot the mutt than give it to another owner.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Tave

Quote from: Byteme on March 12, 2008, 10:45:39 AM
The dog was probably not doing anything illegal.

If something agitates the animal, it turns into an unbelievably dangerous situation. If you're driving along, and a dog starts jumping around in your lap, how much control do you think you have over your car? Next to zero.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Byteme

Quote from: Tave on March 12, 2008, 10:53:45 AM
If something agitates the animal, it turns into an unbelievably dangerous situation. If you're driving along, and a dog starts jumping around in your lap, how much control do you think you have over your car? Next to zero.

Jeez, you really think so? :rolleyes:

You couldn't tell, even though there were no smiley faces, that I posted that in jest?   :huh: 

James identified it as a male dog.  I'd be more concerned about the dog's pecker getting caught up in the steering wheel spokes.   ;)

Beau Tie

:banghead: Slow people in the fast lane.

:banghead: Fast people in the slow lane (unless some losers are in their way in the fast lane)

:rage: People that pull into a left turn lane, and yet they come back out a little to the right over the line to make the left turn. Like they need to WIDEN their turn for some reason.

:rage: When the lanes are about to merge to the left or right, and some happy @ss decides to pass the long line of cars and JAM their car between two cars at the beginning of the line, making everyone brake and almost back end each other

:nutty: Senior Citizens driving like Sunday is 7 days a week

:nutty: People that race through construction zones, endangering other peoples' lives

:heated: I have about 1000 more.
Beau Tie

hounddog

Quote from: James Young on March 12, 2008, 10:23:32 AM
I have written here before about the TX DPS trooper who passed me and the lady in front of me with her dog in her lap with his paws up on the steering wheel to nab a speeder.  Curious priorities.
I am not certain this is actually a violation.  The only thing I can think of off the top of my head which would fit would be a vision obstruction.  And that is just an R&R ticket.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

hounddog

I have thought about this for a while now, and my biggest pet peave is the 'left lane holder.'

You know the one, you pass him on the left because he is going slower.  Then when you get by him and at your speed which was faster than his, you look in your driver side mirror only to find this idiot is on your rear bumper corner.  You speed up to move off, he speeds up.  You slow to let him by, he slows.

If you have to make a sudden emergency manuver you have very limit choices.

Usually, this driver is a woman. 
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Laconian

Today, I saw a guy eating a bowl cereal while driving. I'm not kidding.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Byteme

Quote from: Laconian on March 12, 2008, 02:03:27 PM
Today, I saw a guy eating a bowl cereal while driving. I'm not kidding.

I've known truck drivers who told me they have seen women changing panty hose and even changing clothes while driving.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Byteme on March 12, 2008, 02:11:25 PM
I've known truck drivers who told me they have seen women changing panty hose and even changing clothes while driving.

It's never the ones you want :banghead: :mask:

J86

You don't realize how much truck drivers can see until you ride in one...hehe

Tave

Quote from: Byteme on March 12, 2008, 02:11:25 PM

Quote from: J86 on March 12, 2008, 05:43:10 PM
You don't realize how much truck drivers can see until you ride in one...hehe

Hell yeah! My buddy got his company's truck (a commercial Isuzu) when he moved from Mesa to Phoenix, and I saw A LOT of skin on the freeway that afternoon. :lol:

Although I've changed clothes while driving, if I have to. I wait until no one's around.

Soup DeVille

Dogs never pay their tickets anyways.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

Driving without a license.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.