Want to street race without being hassled? Go to Poland!

Started by Raza , February 26, 2008, 04:46:14 PM

Raza

http://culturegarage.com/2008/02/26/goshdarn-street-racers/#comment-1790

Polish street racers (huge fans of Vin Diesel and Paul Walker) have been given the green light to speed through Lodz, Poland?s second largest city.

In an effort to stop the increasing spread of illegal street racing in Lodz, city officials and the police have made it legal in a section of the city to street race at night. They hope this will keep the youth from speeding at night throughout the city, not only endangering themselves, but the onlookers watching the races and citizens of Lodz.

?We?ve come to an understanding with the organizers of the illegal races,? said the head of the Lodz Motoring Club, Lech Ryszewski, who is working closely with the official and police ensuring the safety of bystanders. ?The motoring club has created a Street Legal section, which will organise the races in closed off streets, under the supervision of licensed organisers and judges. In return, participants are obliged to make sure no one organizes similar races on city streets.?

And while the youth may be enjoying all this ?legal? racing, the Polish press is surely criticizing the city of Lodz for clearly giving into the street racer boys and their illegal street racing activities.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

:clap:

But it won't be the same if they have officials running it and what-not. It seems to me that being informal and impromptu is half the fun of street racing.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

sandertheshark

r0tor

now if only it will spread... i have many ric3rs i want to pwn3d
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

the Teuton

Back in the hometown, city leader proposed tearing down an old baseball stadium to build a racetrack to make money instead of having an empty stadium just collecting dust.  What's wrong with this idea, you ask, to raise revenue for the city and give racers a safe place to speed?  Well, people complained that it would create too much noise, so the idea was shelved.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

MX793

Quote from: NACar on February 26, 2008, 04:51:19 PM
:clap:

But it won't be the same if they have officials running it and what-not. It seems to me that being informal and impromptu is half the fun of street racing.

Sounds to me like they are trying to crack down on semi-organized illegal street races moreso than the impromptu stoplight racers.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Tave

Quote from: Submariner on February 26, 2008, 05:21:00 PM
My girl is Polish, time I use her heritage for good.

Is that what you're going to tell the next cop who pulls you over?

"Do you know how fast you were going?"

"Don't worry about it dude; my girlfriend is Polish."

:lol:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Quote from: Raza  on February 26, 2008, 04:46:14 PM
http://culturegarage.com/2008/02/26/goshdarn-street-racers/#comment-1790

Polish street racers (huge fans of Vin Diesel and Paul Walker) have been given the green light to speed through Lodz, Poland’s second largest city.

In an effort to stop the increasing spread of illegal street racing in Lodz, city officials and the police have made it legal in a section of the city to street race at night. They hope this will keep the youth from speeding at night throughout the city, not only endangering themselves, but the onlookers watching the races and citizens of Lodz.

“We’ve come to an understanding with the organizers of the illegal races,” said the head of the Lodz Motoring Club, Lech Ryszewski, who is working closely with the official and police ensuring the safety of bystanders. “The motoring club has created a Street Legal section, which will organise the races in closed off streets, under the supervision of licensed organisers and judges. In return, participants are obliged to make sure no one organizes similar races on city streets.”

And while the youth may be enjoying all this ‘legal’ racing, the Polish press is surely criticizing the city of Lodz for clearly giving into the street racer boys and their illegal street racing activities.

This actually sounds like a fun nightly event to go to.  I think if there were more exciting, free, and organized night events for young people to go to, you'll see a decline in alot of illegal activity, not just street racing.

Raza

Quote from: 565 on February 26, 2008, 06:26:29 PM
This actually sounds like a fun nightly event to go to.  I think if there were more exciting, free, and organized night events for young people to go to, you'll see a decline in alot of illegal activity, not just street racing.

I believe that as well.  A lot of appeal for the simple minded about things you're not supposed to do is that you're not supposed to do them.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.