Undisguised GMT900 Spy Shots

Started by ifcar, July 14, 2005, 05:13:02 AM

ifcar

BMWDave

I like the front end a lot better.  Overall, a nice refresh.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

crv16

Looks great.  Appears to have much bigger wheels than current, and (the front at least) seems to be pushed out to the edges more - giving it a more aggressive stance.

I just question if people are going to embrace large SUVs like they did in the past, with the cost of gas so high.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

giant_mtb

Quote...
I just question if people are going to embrace large SUVs like they did in the past, with the cost of gas so high.
If they can make them more fuel efficient, then yes, people will embrace them.  But for now, most people are looking for a more economical car.

ifcar

QuoteI like the front end a lot better.  Overall, a nice refresh.
It's not a refresh, it's a complete redesign. I don't believe any major parts are being carried over through the redesign; the platform, engines, exterior, and interior are all-new.

ifcar

While I think they look attractive myself, I think the new Tahoe looks too much like the current Escalade from the front. That suggests to me that they'll only be swapping the grille, maybe the grille and bumper, on the new version.

BMWDave

QuoteI like the front end a lot better.  Overall, a nice refresh.
It's not a refresh, it's a complete redesign. I don't believe any major parts are being carried over through the redesign; the platform, engines, exterior, and interior are all-new.
The outside doesnt look significantly different in any way, IMO.  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteI like the front end a lot better.  Overall, a nice refresh.
Yes it does, the older ones (except the Escalade) were far more rounded. And how much can you change the look of a jumbo SUV?

BMWDave

QuoteI like the front end a lot better.? Overall, a nice refresh.
Yes it does, the older ones (except the Escalade) were far more rounded. And how much can you change the look of a jumbo SUV?
From what I can see of the back and side, it doesnt look too changed IMO.  The front fascia is the only very significant change to the appearance of the car, IMO.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

The back is much blockier than the current Tahoe/Suburban.

BMWDave

I think the backs look kind of similar...

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Not at all, even in your pic you can see how the current version is more rounded.

BMWDave

QuoteNot at all, even in your pic you can see how the current version is more rounded.
Of course its a little more rounded, I agree, but I dont see so much difference between the two cars except for the front.  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

But how much difference could you expect in comparing the backs of two full-size SUVs?  

BMWDave

QuoteBut how much difference could you expect in comparing the backs of two full-size SUVs?
An Excursion looks different, just to name one other full size SUV.

All the same, I do think its very similar in the back.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteBut how much difference could you expect in comparing the backs of two full-size SUVs?
An Excursion looks different, just to name one other full size SUV.

All the same, I do think its very similar in the back.
The Excursion isn't a redesigned Tahoe, is it?

But if you think that this:

looks too similar to this:

I'd say you're expecting too much of a radical departure from the mainstream jumbo-ute from the most mainstream jumbo-ute that there is.  <_<  

crv16

QuoteThe back is much blockier than the current Tahoe/Suburban.
That's ok.

One of my favorite cars is pretty blocky looking:

09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

ifcar

Oh, I wasn't saying that in a bad way. There's nothing wrong with a blocky full-size SUV IMO, it's a rounded one that seems a bit odd.

R33 GT-R

I just hope they finally redesign the dash, that's what needs to be refreshed as Dave says.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

ifcar

There have been spy shots of pieces of the dash, and it looks much better from those.

R33 GT-R

Great, the big plastic block needs to give way to something just a little more appropriate for 40k+ sticker utes.  I was with a friend at a Chevy lot this weekend and I looked at a Z71 Tahoe and the dash was almost Identical to my old 97 Suburban I used to have.  

BMWDave

Ifcar, I didnt say it was "too" similar....I am merely pointing out the fact that I found the two similar in appearance.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

I still don't know exactly what you're seeing in them, but an opinion is an opinion. :)

R33 GT-R

BMWDave

QuoteI still don't know exactly what you're seeing in them, but an opinion is an opinion. :)
At least we agreed on something :)  

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

They definitely look much more modern than the current model.  

Raghavan

R33 GT-R

Gotta love that GM quality, it's job #1 there I hear.

Secret Chimp

It's probably the bad quality, but the Escalade's new rear lights look like weird, ginormified early-90s GM pickup tail lights.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.