***2008 M?hldorfer Stadtplatz New Car Show (Part 7)***

Started by cawimmer430, March 11, 2008, 07:36:05 AM

cawimmer430

Toyota / Lexus

Toyota and Lexus had one of the largest displays at the show but had relatively little new to offer. They showcased the Auris, Aygo, Avensis, Landcruiser Prado, Yaris and the Prius. The Lexus section heavily emphasized hybrids and attended the show with the LS600h, RX400h, GS350, IS250, IS220d and SC430.

The only nice car here was the Lexus LS600h. However the saleswoman I was talking too was pumped up full of Lexus bullsh*t about the "great fuel economy" of the LS600h. She went on to tell me that they have "many satisfied customers" who love their LS600h because of the great gas mileage and of course technology onboard. While I can believe her when it comes to the technology aspect,  I thought she was full of it when it came to the gas mileage part. Or she neglected to say that this is when the car is being driven in the city where the electric motor does most of the work (reviews here have stated that the LS600h can be driven with under 10 L / 100 km in city driving). At any rate I examined this car big time and it is a nice car, but I found it to be so overrated. The interior for instance struck me as bland and from a material point of view a notch below the Audi A8 and Mercedes S-Class. Yes, you read that right. The plastic is fine but the wood looked plasticky, fake and cheap compared to the A8 and S-Class interiors. Plus I found some huge panel gaps in tons of places. Panel gaps mean little to me for the most part, but since Lexus fanboys always talk about them and how Lexus have "none", I'd thought I'd give them some of their own medicine. Check out the "huge" panel gaps...

Toyota Prius

Toyota Avensis

Lexus section...

Lexus IS220d and SC430

Lexus IS250

Lexus GS350

Lexus RX400h

Lexus LS600h

Rear door section looks very bland compared to the A8 and S-Class.

Volkswagen

Nothing new here. They had the new Tiguan here in cheap trim level and the usual popular cars like the Golf, Passat and Polo. Other than that the VW section was dead.

VW Tiguan

Volvo

There is no Volvo dealership in M?hldorf but there is one in Munich and these guys came all the way to showcase their cars here. Well, Volvo's ain't too popular in rural Bavaria so these cars were pretty much ignored for the most part. The new C30 got a few people interested though. It looks pretty nice and very big too. The C70 looks pretty

Volvo C70

Volvo C30

Volvo V70

Volvo V50

Volvo XC90

END OF PART VII

Hope you liked the show. Damn I am tired after writing all this and preparing the photos...
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 11, 2008, 07:36:05 AM

Volkswagen

They had the new Tiguan here in cheap trim level

The problem is that "cheap" trim level means ?26.000. Still people seem to love it. Even with the recent over 40% boost in production they are sold out until January 2009.   

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 11, 2008, 07:36:05 AM
VW Tiguan

Good Lord I hope you where using a very wide angle when filming that picture because that front overhang  looks horrid!  :frown:

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Colin

Not a fan of the reddish bottom to that Volvo C30.............. shame, as the rest of the car looks pretty good.

Excellent photos, as always from the CarSpin Bavarian Roving Reporter!!

Yawn

Galaxy

Quote from: Yawn on March 11, 2008, 02:21:04 PM
How much in Euro is is the LS600H?

It starts at ?99,850 in Germany all taxes and fees included.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on March 11, 2008, 09:46:27 AM
Good Lord I hope you where using a very wide angle when filming that picture because that front overhang  looks horrid!  :frown:

I only have one lens for the camera, and it's a 18-55 wide angle lens.  :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colin on March 11, 2008, 10:05:51 AM
Not a fan of the reddish bottom to that Volvo C30.............. shame, as the rest of the car looks pretty good.

Excellent photos, as always from the CarSpin Bavarian Roving Reporter!!

Thanks. :praise: :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 12, 2008, 04:04:13 AM
I only have one lens for the camera, and it's a 18-55 wide angle lens.  :lol:

50mm is approximately how the human eye sees things.

Yawn

Quote from: Galaxy on March 11, 2008, 02:27:55 PM
It starts at €99,850 in Germany all taxes and fees included.

Surprisingly cheaper than the states.. It starts at 104k