Santa Fe Airbag Light

Started by AKL, March 13, 2008, 04:27:26 PM

AKL

Yesterday the Santa Fe's airbag light on the dash went on. It stayed on throughout the whole day. :huh: So I quickly booked an appointment at the dealer to check it out.

And on top of that my alarm stopped working (at the same time). The car is suppose to flash and honk the horn (on second press) when I lock the car. Instead, it just locked the doors with no flash or horn. I had this problem about two months ago but it was just because the rear trunk sensor needed a reset.

Anyways, today the airbag warning light was still on. But after a trip to the mall it went off  :nutty:
The alarm started to work again to.

I was suppose to bring the car to the dealer tomorrow (booked an appointment to check the airbag problem)

But now that its gone, is there anything I should worry about?
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

CALL_911

It just wanted to see Abercrombie and Fitch, duh. :rolleyes:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CJ

Just take it to the dealer like eyou were planning on doing.

AKL

Quote from: CJ on March 13, 2008, 04:28:30 PM
Just take it to the dealer like eyou were planning on doing.

Alright.

I actually have a video on my cellphone of it to show the dealer at least.  :lol:
---------------------
---------------------

S204STi

Could be an intermittent fault at a connector in the circuit, more likely a faulty component in one of your inflators.  Likely expensive...

ifcar

Quote from: R-inge on March 13, 2008, 10:03:28 PM
Could be an intermittent fault at a connector in the circuit, more likely a faulty component in one of your inflators.  Likely expensive...

Not under warranty it isn't.

Byteme

Quote from: R-inge on March 13, 2008, 10:03:28 PM

At about 110,000 miles the airbag light on my Escape started coming on for no apparent reason.  It would be on for one trip and off the next 5 or 6.  I attributed it to a faulty connection or sensor.  I traded the vehicle so it's not a problem for me anymore.

If you plan on keeping the vehicle I'd get it checked by the dealer, especially if ti's under warranty.

omicron

The airbag is broken. You are going to crash at 400mph and die.

TheIntrepid

My dad's van's airbag light came on at 2 months and 13,000km. They just replaced some airbag sensor under warranty.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

JWC

Quote from: AKL on March 13, 2008, 04:36:21 PM
Alright.

I actually have a video on my cellphone of it to show the dealer at least.  :lol:

That'll be the talk of the dealership after you leave. :lol:

I get people calling me up and holding the phone next to the engine so I can "hear" a noise.

S204STi

Quote from: ifcar on March 14, 2008, 05:32:58 AM
Not under warranty it isn't.

I didn't see it in his sig till just now. 

AKL

Well they found nothing wrong with the airbags. The light hasn't come on since so I'm not too worried.

But the alarm stopped working a day after the visit to the car dealership  :banghead: It's probably the rear trunk sensor that is off again.
---------------------
---------------------