Lamborghini Gallardo Roadster-Spied!

Started by BMWDave, July 14, 2005, 07:25:31 PM

BMWDave

From this angle, the new soft top detracts from the Gallardo's smooth roofline. Better reason just to keep the top down at all times.

From the side, the new roof looks nicely integrated into the car's overall shape.

Either this guy broke something getting the car out of his truck, or he was told not to let anyone shoot pictures of it under any circumstances. Either way, he's not happy. Note the prototype's new wheel design.

Lamborghini Gallardo Roadster Caught at the 'Ring
By: Ed Hellwig

Date Posted 07-14-2005

Just days ago we got news that we'll see a production version of the Lamborghini Concept S, and now we have clear pictures of the upcoming Lamborghini Gallardo Roadster.

Although covered in black disguise, there's no hiding this prototype's removable soft top. Unlike the Ferrari 360 Roadster, the Gallardo's top isn't expected to be fully automatic. Instead it will probably be more like the system used on the Murcielago Roadster that requires considerable wrangling to get it into place. In other words, you better decide whether you want it up or down before you head out for a drive.

The prototype seen in the pictures also reveals a new wheel design, but it doesn't have any changes to the side vents like we've seen in some recent prototypes of the standard Gallardo. The V10 power plant isn't likely to change much for the Spider, but given that the current engine already delivers 500 horsepower through all four wheels how much more do you need?

The 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Roadster could debut as early as September at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

CaseyNPham

I like the rear shot bu I think they could've doen better with the windows. It looks like it was cut short when they could've extended the top part a little longer an made it "edgier"
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

giant_mtb

It looks weird and different...but Lambo's always have, so I guess that's not much of a surprise. ^_^

Raghavan

why are their soft tops such a hassle?

NomisR

The rear end reminds me of an oversized MR2 Spyder

giant_mtb

QuoteThe rear end reminds me of an oversized MR2 Spyder
You're right... ^_^...ugly.

BMWDave

The Gallardo's rear end is far better than a MR-2's, IMO.

2007 Honda S2000

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TBR

Lamborghini roadsters have never looked as good as the coupe versions imo.

Raza

That thing looks crazy...

In a good way!  Bravo to some Italian maker for continuing to make good looking cars.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteThat thing looks crazy...

In a good way!  Bravo to some Italian maker for continuing to make good looking cars.
I think it looks nice too B)

Though I have always preferred the design of a Ferrari to that of a Maserati, and a Maserati to that of a Lamborghini.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

The Gallardo's rear end is far better than a MR-2's, IMO.
Well of course, but the first thing that might pop into your head when you see that is that it looks like an MR-2.  Not to say they look exactly alike, but they remind you of each other in a way.

CaseyNPham

QuoteThat thing looks crazy...

In a good way!  Bravo to some Italian maker for continuing to make good looking cars.
I think it looks nice too B)

Though I have always preferred the design of a Ferrari to that of a Maserati, and a Maserati to that of a Lamborghini.
I've always preferred the Quattroporte over just about anything ^_^

But yes, Lamborghini makes some of the nicest coupes but when they chop the top off, it doesn't have the same... "specialness" about it.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

R33 GT-R

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

CaseyNPham

QuoteSnagglePuss loves that Masi.
SnagglePuss loves all!

And where did the name come from anyway?