***Wimmer's GENEVA 2008 CAR SHOW Photos (Part 16)***

Started by cawimmer430, March 19, 2008, 11:07:20 AM

cawimmer430

SUBARU

Subaru was proud of their new Boxer-diesel engine and showcased a bunch of diesel Legacy's as well as cut-open Boxer-diesels. They also had the new Tribeca, Impreza and two new environmentally friendly concept cars but I wasn't too interested in them (but photographed them anyway).

The new Forester is a pretty nice car, but once you open the doors and get a glimpse at the cockpit the word CHEAP just screams in your face. Outside the car looks quite upscale so I guess this means you'd expect the cockpit to have the same appearance. It doesn't sadly and looks like a "generic 1980s Japanese economy car" cockpit.

Subaru Forester

Subaru Impreza

Subaru Legacy Sedan

Subaru Legacy Estate

Subaru Tribeca

Subaru R1

Subaru G4e

Boxer Diesel

SUZUKI

The A-Star concept was pretty cool looking. Other than that Suzuki had nothing really new at the show.

Suzuki A-Star Concept

Suzuki SX-4 "WRC"

TATA

The cheapest new car on the planet was shown here. I was amazed at how much interest this section attracted. I was only planning on passing through without taking any shots. Guess I changed my mind! LOL

The car might be cheap and the performance adequate, but I have a feeling it's a deathtrap. TATA isn't known for safe cars...

TATA Indica

TATA "Cheapest Car on the planet"...

TechART

I'm really not into tuners but with names like these you have to post the obligatory pictures!

TOYOTA

At Toyota I was really only interested in the new Landcruiser. It's virtually the best-looking Toyota at the moment. A shame it's only offered in Europe with two fuel inefficient engines: a V8 diesel and V8 gasoline engine. I suspect this is Toyota's way of making up for the lack of a big Lexus SUV in Europe as the new Landcruiser is very expensive with its base price easily being in luxury territory. I was also put off by the cheap interior. In media shots the Landcruiser interior looks very premium, but upclose the cheap plastic and large panel gaps in some sections really stare you into the face. Touching the plastic, I was shocked at how hollow it felt as if there was nothing underneath it. It just didn't feel like a good interior. Other than that, the Landcruiser was very spacious and it felt comfortable to sit in the driver's seat. I suppose the real downside to it is simply the lack of efficient engines and an expensive price tag.

I also checked out the Urban Cruiser which to my surprise doesn't look that bad in real life. On the press photos it looks like most Toyota's - bland - but upclose it was quite well proportioned and that front wasn't that offensive either.

Like Lexus, they really emphasized hybrid technology and had a couple of Prius cars on display including one cut in half allowing people to check out the technology underneath.

The Toyota IQ was virtually a direct Smart ForTwo rip-off except a bit bigger and more muscular. Will be interesting to see how it will fare if it enters production. They even copied the cheap interior of the Smart!

Since mankind is getting fatter and more overweight, Toyota tells us in the future we'll need these to move around!

Toyota Landcruiser V8 Diesel

Prius technology display

Toyota Urban Cruiser

Toyota IQ

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie