***Wimmer's GENEVA 2008 CAR SHOW Photos (Part 10)***

Started by cawimmer430, March 19, 2008, 11:09:37 AM

cawimmer430

LANCIA

Check out the new Delta, it's gorgeous! One of my top 10's at the show!

And so are these legs!

Lancia Delta in black and white

Lancia Mura

LAND ROVER

The Range Rover Sport is just gorgeous. Check out the concept!

LEXUS

The LF-A was there and I maintain my initial stance on it - ugly. Either this is the Lexus style or it tries to hard to look exotic. Well, if it tries to look exotic it's not working on me. I just don't find anything attractive about it. Instead, it comes across as quite boring I'm sorry to say. At Bugatti, Ferrari or Lamborghini my heart was ready to explode - but here infront of the LF-A I could be described as clincally dead.

Most people know that I am not a fan of the IS-F. It does however look much better in real life than in the press photos. I still find the rear stacked exhausts are just plain silly and the side profile to be borderline rice, but overall it is much more pleasing to look at in real life than in the photos. I even sat inside it. Well, it's very small and cramped and the wide transmission tunnel takes up valuable leg space - just like in the regular IS.

While everyone was busy checking out the Lexus LS600h, I studied the LS460 in detail. A very nice car on the outside, but the interior just fails to impress me for two reasons. One, the design aspect is too "high tech and busy". It lacks the simple elegance of the VW Phaeton, Audi A8 or MB S-Class interiors for example and lacks character. It's a very boring place to be in, so I felt. Second, there was a lot of shiny silver-colored plastic here and it looked quite cheap, as did the wood. I am not trying to bash the LS, but I just had to get this out of me. A nice car, a very nice car indeed but also heavily overrated.

Lexus LF-A

Lexus IS-F

Lexus LS460

Lexus Hybrid Drive - nobody cared!

LORINSER

More MB's ruined by one of their tuners. Only the GL looked reasonably "lookable"...

LOTUS

MACH 5

Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer, he's a loser on wheels!

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie