Range Rover Will Get Sirius

Started by BMWDave, July 14, 2005, 07:28:19 PM

BMWDave

Range Rover Will Get Sirius
Date Posted 07-13-2005

NEW YORK ? Sirius Satellite Radio will be a factory option on the 2006 Land Rover Range Rover and Range Rover Sport models.

Sirius Satellite Radio can be installed on either of these vehicles for $400. The subscription to the satellite radio network costs $12.95 per month, although customers can get a discount for yearly subscriptions.

The factory-installed system displays information for each song including the artist, title and musical category. Land Rover customers will be able to navigate the system via a touchscreen interface.

Sirius Satellite Radio offers more than 120 channels of programming, including 65 of commercial-free music.

What this means to you: A radio signal anywhere the hardy Range Rover can go?now that's something to look forward to.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

280Z Turbo

Don't most people think that XM is better?

I thought it was when I got mine.

BMWDave

QuoteDon't most people think that XM is better?

I thought it was when I got mine.
I dont have either B)  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

Sirius is completely ad free, but costs a bit more and doesn't have the variety of stations XM has.  

R33 GT-R

I've used both and I prefer Sirius.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

giant_mtb

My brother has XM in his Monte Carlo...it's not all that great.  He usually ends up listening to his MP3 CD's.  Sure, there's a lot of stations, but the music isn't all that great.

R33 GT-R

I would lose the signal with XM much more than I lose it with Sirius.  
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

TurboDan

QuoteI would lose the signal with XM much more than I lose it with Sirius.

It depends where you live.  If you're in an open/country area, you'll get Sirius better because their satellites are a bit higher.  If you're in a city or built-up suburb XM is your best bet because their repeater network is much larger than Sirius'.  If you want to listen indoors, XM is significantly better than Sirius in almost every respect as far as reception goes.

By the way, TBR, both services are completely ad-free on the music channels.  Both have commercials on talk channels for the simple fact that syndicated shows go to commercials on the network stream.  Sirius is more likely to have commercials in the long run, since Mel Karmazin is behind the wheel.  In addition, both services are 12.95 per month.

280Z Turbo

I don't have a problem with XM in the truck and I live in a rural area.

At home, the reception sucks because we have so many trees around our house.

TBR

QuoteI would lose the signal with XM much more than I lose it with Sirius.

It depends where you live.  If you're in an open/country area, you'll get Sirius better because their satellites are a bit higher.  If you're in a city or built-up suburb XM is your best bet because their repeater network is much larger than Sirius'.  If you want to listen indoors, XM is significantly better than Sirius in almost every respect as far as reception goes.

By the way, TBR, both services are completely ad-free on the music channels.  Both have commercials on talk channels for the simple fact that syndicated shows go to commercials on the network stream.  Sirius is more likely to have commercials in the long run, since Mel Karmazin is behind the wheel.  In addition, both services are 12.95 per month.
I recall hearing that Sirius was completely ad free, but since I have only listened to XM for about 5 minutes and haven't listen to Sirius at all I am sure you are right.  

280Z Turbo

I don't hear comercials on my XM.