***Wimmer's GENEVA 2008 CAR SHOW Photos (Part 2)***

Started by cawimmer430, March 19, 2008, 11:12:56 AM

cawimmer430

ASTON MARTIN

Classy and elegant cars as usual, although I personally find the Vantage to be a bit on "porky" side, design wise for an Aston Martin. My favorites were the DBS and DB9.

Aston Martin DBS

Aston Martin V8 Vantage Convertible

Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe

Aston Martin DB9 Volante Coupe

Aston Martin DB9 Volante Convertible

AUDI

Audi had a pretty visually impressive lineup. Pretty much all of their cars were silver which gave an imposing visual impression and defined the brand as sporty. The new RS6 Avant was impressive and stunning. On the other hand I wasn't very fond of the A3 Cabrio: the proportions just don't fit and it lacks the elegance of most Audi's.

The Audi S8 was lovely as usual and so was the RS4 Cabrio. I'm not a fan of the Audi TT but the TTS looked pretty decent to me. The new Audi A4 Avant was showcased in red, twice. Both of them were extremely lovely to look at. I think the new Audi A4 is perfect inside and out, although it does look a bit too much like the old model. It's still a hottie.

The R8 V12 TDI wasn't here. One of the Audi employees told me that the R8 V12 TDI was only here before the show for press photographers. Once the show started on March 6, it was removed. I thought this was pretty, well, CRAP of them to do. What gives?

Audi A3 Cabrio

Audi TTS

Audi S8

Audi RS4 Cabrio

Audi A4 Avant

Audi RS6 Avant

Audi R8

BENTLEY

Most high-end luxury manufacturers had their cars sealed off from the public and only allowed serious customers inside their gates to check out the cars. The new Bentley Brooklands looks pretty nice and it sort of reminds me of the Rolls Royce Camargue, one of my favorite Rolls Royces ever.

Bentley Brooklands

Bentley engines

Bentley Azure

Bentley Continental GT

Bentley Continental Flying Spur

BITTER

Yep, Bitter and his "major contender", the Bitter Vero were at the show as well. The exterior of this monstrosity says it all. F..... UGLY. At least the interior was decent from a visual quality perspective, but it's not in the same class as the S-Class, A8 etc. - the cars it wants to compete with.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

nickdrinkwater

That Bitter is pretty awful.

It's a shame they are discontinuing the A4/RS4 Convertible.

Shift507

Didn't know Bitter continued to exist, did they ever set on production their version of the Monaro/GTO?

That Bentley Azure wouldn't look out of place in a rap video with 28 inch wheels with diamonds in the spokes.
Recent Mopar convert

cawimmer430

Yeah, that Bitter looked really plain and boring too in real life. And Erich Bitter created this thing with the help of Holden (and Opel I assume) in order to compete with the MB S-Class and the likes!  :nutty:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie