Kia Unveils Carnival/Sedona

Started by BMWDave, July 15, 2005, 07:58:26 AM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

It was unveiled at the LA auto show last winter.  

TBR

This is the first time I have seen pics of the new Sedona. Anyway, the front looks good, the rear taillights are too big, and the interior is great (obviously I haven't been in it yet, but it looks class leading imho).  

ifcar

I think the front taillights are too big, myself. The rear headlights are nice, though.

thewizard16

QuoteThis is the first time I have seen pics of the new Sedona. Anyway, the front looks good, the rear taillights are too big, and the interior is great (obviously I haven't been in it yet, but it looks class leading imho).
I don't like the front all that much, but it's not ugly. The rear looks good, but those tail lights look really similar to the ones on the Tundra Double Cab. Interior looks great. With the Odyessy and Sienna, I don't think it is, or will be, class leading, but it should be competitive.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ifcar

QuoteThis is the first time I have seen pics of the new Sedona. Anyway, the front looks good, the rear taillights are too big, and the interior is great (obviously I haven't been in it yet, but it looks class leading imho).
I don't like the front all that much, but it's not ugly. The rear looks good, but those tail lights look really similar to the ones on the Tundra Double Cab. Interior looks great. With the Odyessy and Sienna, I don't think it is, or will be, class leading, but it should be competitive.
I can see where you're coming from there, but they also resemble the Kia Spectra5 lights, which makes more sense.

TBR

Don't care for either interior design, they just look awkward, this van's doesn't.

thewizard16

I'm not sure how you can say the Sienna's interior looks awkward if you like the Sedona.

Sienna-

Odyessy-

Maybe the Odyessy, but the Sienna and the Sedona look similar, I think.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

TBR

My problem is with the way the wood trim is shaped around the center stack, too "space agey" imho.  

thewizard16

QuoteMy problem is with the way the wood trim is shaped around the center stack, too "space agey" imho.
Okay. *cough* crazy *cough* :lol:  ;)  
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

ifcar

In person, it looks anything but "space-agey."

TBR

I have seen it in person and I still think it is an awkward design.  

thewizard16

QuoteIn person, it looks anything but "space-agey."
Agreed.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

ifcar

I suppose it's a matter of taste then.

I am interested in seeing the new Sedona interior in person myself BTW, as the current one looks good in pics, but the center stack looks far too wide in person.

R33 GT-R

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

TBR

It looks too wide in pics also imho:

ifcar

But it doesn't come off as looking bad for being wide in pics. It does in person.

93JC

ifcar

Quote:lol: Nice Odyssey!
You think they look alike?  :blink:

TBR

I can see the similarity in the front clip, but that is it. It looks more like the last gen Quest.

Edit- just checked the pics again, now I don't see any similarities.  

mazda6er

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

93JC

Quite a lot, yes. The body lines are almost exactly the same. A few of the details are different, but the similarities are so blatant it's funny.

mazda6er

Quite a lot, yes. The body lines are almost exactly the same. A few of the details are different, but the similarities are so blatant it's funny.
How much different can you make two minivans look anyway?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ifcar

QuoteI can see the similarity in the front clip, but that is it. It looks more like the last gen Quest.

Edit- just checked the pics again, now I don't see any similarities.
I'm not the only one who sees Quest/Villager in it, that's good.

93JC, any similarities you note are probably those shared between all minivans anyway. I'm not seeing anything.

thewizard16

Other than a similar, and not uncommon rear bumper shape, and the basic minvan shape, I really don't see any similarities between the Odyssey and the new Sedona.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Raghavan

giant_mtb

Please don't tell me that shifter gate on the bottom right of the shifter is a manumatic gate...  <_<  

ifcar

giant_mtb

Wow.  Why give a van a manumatic?

Raghavan

QuoteWow.  Why give a van a manumatic?
so soccer moms can pretend they're driving a sports car on the way to the soccer game. :rolleyes: